(SPOILERS) IPSY MARCH 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you never need sunscreen? You mean you have plenty and don't need any, right? Cuz even if it's not sunny out, the sun's still there and you still need protection from it O.O 
There's a lot of hype about sun screen, I only wear it at the beach and if it happens to be in my cosmetics.  I don't need it either. I actually prefer a bronzed look and slightly tan face and my preference is to get Vit D from the sun.  

There's a lot of hype about sun screen, I only wear it at the beach and if it happens to be in my cosmetics.  I don't need it either. I actually prefer a bronzed look and slightly tan face and my preference is to get Vit D from the sun.  
LOL I'm sorry but I don't think worrying about sun damage is "hype"

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry, yes, I have tons of sunscreen! Living in Florida it's a must.

ETA: I'm also on Retin A so I burn easy. My family tells me I'm the palest girl in Florida.LOL I pull a Nicole Kidman and wear straw hats on the beach. It's a good look.
icon_smile.gif
*sigh* good, you scared me.

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tan, I don't burn, but I still wear sunscreen, that is my personal preference because I'm terrified of skin cancer.

I have to admit I am lazy about sunscreen, I am trying to get better about it. Also it doesnt help that I have really sensitive skin, so its hard for me to find one that doesnt irritate my skin.

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL

I'm sorry but I don't think worrying about sun damage is "hype"
Yes, no one wants a sun burn, I agree, they're terrible.  But constantly slathering oneself in sunscreen isn't necessary for...everyone.  

I prefer to make sure I'm stocked up on Vitamin D (the more D your body has, the more sun resistant it is), I prefer to limit sun exposure (tan is good, burnt is not), and I prefer to cover up (hat, long sleeves) rather than slather on the smelly, overpriced, icky feeling sunscreens.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*sigh* good, you scared me.

I tan, I don't burn, but I still wear sunscreen, that is my personal preference because I'm terrified of skin cancer.
At 25 my DH had skin cancer removed from a spot on his upper lip, then again a few years later. That was scary enough to get me to stop tanning and wear sunscreen at all times!

Originally Posted by votedreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I disagree with the st.patricks day theme....Its not even a very significant holiday and green does not suit everybody
True maybe it's not a significant holiday to some, I didn't grow up in a country where St Patrick's day is really celebrated, BUT Emerald is the color of the year, so it would be nice if they send Emerald polish, or eye shadow or liner. And going by " it doesn't suit everybody", well a lot of colors don't suit everybody. I think the only ones that might are neutrals and neutrals are boring...lol

Like most things in the world, sun is healthy and non-damaging in moderation. 

Having heard professional opinions on the subject (after having a grandpa die from melanoma, but sunscreen didn't exist really back then, not even really when my dad was little, we were the first generation to really use sunscreen when outdoors all day)

the general opinion is if you don't burn, then any amount of sun exposure up to that point is totally normal and healthy, remember humans have been around for a long time, if the sun killed us we wouldn't still be a species. 

Yes, this means fair skinned individuals need more protection, and spf is smart, but a tan is totally healthy and normal, and if you are able to build up a tan slowly then you won't burn as easily, which is why before Hawaii or Coachella I always make sure to lay out like 30 mins every sunny day for a couple weeks leading up to whatever it is, it eliminates the worry of burning, I still wear SPF 8 on my body and SPF 20 on my face and shoulders, because it prolongs the amount of time you can spend in the sun, but without the "pre-tanning" I would be miserable 2 hours into the day.

Although I don't have to worry about Coachella this year, ugh lineup was terrible, skip. 

Originally Posted by votedreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I disagree with the st.patricks day theme....Its not even a very significant holiday and green does not suit everybody
I agree with you, if I was to get an emerald bag, I'd rather it be in May. Yes, only because its my birthstone but still, St. Patricks Day is a day I've only 'celebrated' in grade school.

Yeah, I was looking at all of their stuff my last two trips to Target but they seem pricey considering. I wanted to get the Indian Coconut Nectar cream but it was $14.99 so I held off. Also, the three piece color stain things were really pretty.

even though im not subbed to them i still love getting updates and seeing what you ladies got! can't wait to see spoilers and pictures for next month.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate February. LOL Only a week left for the month!
February's not all bad.  It's national Marfan's awareness month.  http://www.marfan.org/marfan/2849/February-is-National-Marfan-Awareness-Month

As for me, I don't go outside without the most powerful sunscreen I can find.  I am super pale.  I'm so pale that people tell me that I'm the palest person they've ever seen.  I'm lighter than an NC15, so sunscreen is essential.  The only way I can tan without burning is if I spend short bursts in strong sun while wearing spf 100 over the course a week or more.

Yeah, I was looking at all of their stuff my last two trips to Target but they seem pricey considering. I wanted to get the Indian Coconut Nectar cream but it was $14.99 so I held off. Also, the three piece color stain things were really pretty.
Yeah I was bummed mostly because everything was over 5 bucks and I couldn't come up with an excuse to splurge (at least without seeing reviews first) but that's the reason I want to see their products in ipsy bags!

Just posting here so I get thread updates in my profile ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ready for spoilers!

I grew up in a time when girls laid out all day with baby oil and baked in the sun. I'm so pale my granddaughter told me all that was missing for me to be a Twilight Vampire was the glitter and I solved that by buying a mineral blush that was  on clearance,it had me covered in glitter and sparkles accidentally after I brushed it on..I also have the sharp canine teeth, dark hair and I work midnights so I sleep in the day. I have to be careful what I wear for  makeup or I got called Morticia, or goth wanna be .I also like to dress in black which doesn't help Lol. At 47 I do have some skin spots I have to watch from my severe sunburns I use to get every year since a kid. I don't like the chemicals in sun screen, I wear hats, sun glasses mostly.

I hate to say it but I would like to try Wen, I used complain about BB and shampoos.

Originally Posted by katcole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I grew up in a time when girls laid out all day with baby oil and baked in the sun. I'm so pale my granddaughter told me all that was missing for me to be a Twilight Vampire was the glitter and I solved that by buying a mineral blush that was  on clearance,it had me covered in glitter and sparkles accidentally after I brushed it on..I also have the sharp canine teeth, dark hair and I work midnights so I sleep in the day. I have to be careful what I wear for  makeup or I got called Morticia, or goth wanna be .I also like to dress in black which doesn't help Lol. At 47 I do have some skin spots I have to watch from my severe sunburns I use to get every year since a kid. I don't like the chemicals in sun screen, I wear hats, sun glasses mostly.

I hate to say it but I would like to try Wen, I used complain about BB and shampoos.
Have you thought about a natural sunscreen as an alternative?  Most are honestly, pretty gross, but Josie Maran makes one that is AWESOME and actually absorbs into the skin.  http://www.josiemarancosmetics.com/shop/body/argan-sun-protection-for-body

Back