(SPOILERS) IPSY MARCH 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Vivacious and SEX-AAAAYY! You know, I actually adore being pale, I totally am the Irish peaches and cream that my mother is...and then there's my brother and father who are TOTALLY American Indian looking with darn skin and dark brown eyes with almost black hair...it's ridiculous lol I am quite jealous that they don't have to be terrified of being in the sun for more than 5 minutes though lol
Aww  you made me smile, really needed it today ^^ I wish I was a bit more pale haha XD my dad is quite dark and my  mom is super super pale, so I'm in between, staying away from the sun lately, so I'm way lighter than usual XD See I don't have a problem with the sun though, I tan, but now I wear lots of sunscreen, just in case XD

Bleh. I got the teal shadow. I had my fingers crossed for the other colors but my ten year old sister will have some fun with these. Other than that i am pretty happy with everything else. I actually really like the hydrating spray. To me, it smells like flowers, but not like the fake floral smell a lot of things have. It's more of a natural floral smell. Like you can almost smell the stems and leaves and all.

I'm really liking the makeup remover wipes so far! To remove my makeup every night I use Mary Kay ones that you need to wet first to lather and they have a bumpy side to scrub the face, then I follow with wash. (They are awesome BTW) But for the rare occasion I go out and am too tired, lazy, or have had too much to drink to do the whole ritual I use Yes To Tomatoes wipes. They are pre-moistened and specially formulated for blemishes and acne. If I didn't remove my makeup, I would wake up with a face full of blemishes. Every time I used to use the Yes To tomatoes one, I would wake up with just one or two small deep cysts or occasionally raised whiteheads (I guess it wasn't really removing everything? Or maybe something in them reacts to my skin) Weirdly enough, the wipes in the Ipsy worked better than those (unexpected since that Yes To line is marketed towards acne) the one time I used them a few nights ago, I woke up with nothing on my face that wasn't there pre makeup! It made me happy. This small pack will probably last me months since this rarely happens and I don't usually use pre-moistened wipes, but if I catch them on a good sale anywhere before then I will definitely purchase.

I'm actually kinda liking the GlamRX palette. I depotted my Benefit Sugarbomb mini this morning & plan on plopping it in the GlamRX palette when I get home to keep the 2 Yaby eyeshadows & the 2 CS eyeshadows I use most often company (along with 1 or 2 mini eyeshadow brushes). It's the perfect size to toss in my purse or backpack. I - or rather, my GlamRX palette - seem to be experiencing a bit of fallout from my depotted CS eyeshadows. Has anyone else been having this problem as well? It seems to be one of the darker colors that was sent last month.

Seems like they took alot of people off the waiting list today ,unless they do this each month at this time and I missed it. I wonder if they made new spots or that many people stop subscribing and they got more openings, 

Seems like they took alot of people off the waiting list today ,unless they do this each month at this time and I missed it. I wonder if they made new spots or that many people stop subscribing and they got more openings, 

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually kinda liking the GlamRX palette. I depotted my Benefit Sugarbomb mini this morning & plan on plopping it in the GlamRX palette when I get home to keep the 2 Yaby eyeshadows & the 2 CS eyeshadows I use most often company (along with 1 or 2 mini eyeshadow brushes). It's the perfect size to toss in my purse or backpack.

I - or rather, my GlamRX palette - seem to be experiencing a bit of fallout from my depotted CS eyeshadows. Has anyone else been having this problem as well? It seems to be one of the darker colors that was sent last month.
I put my sugarbomb mini in mine as well!

Here are some pics of my GlamRX palette.  I bought 8 Yaby shadows last year (including Seashell) and added some swatch photos too.  The last one on the bottom right is Seashell that I bought last year.  I haven't yet opened up the Seashell and Azalea that I got from Ipsy.

I did the swatches on bare skin with a single-pass swipe of the shadows with my finger.

The shades are:

Row 1:  es368-midday lake, es114-jungle mist, es345-sunny ocean (my fave, has a bit of gold sheen), es585-golden age

Row 2:  es098-new penny, es339-fairytrail, pp030-pink diamond, es192-seashell

Originally Posted by nishino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here are some pics of my GlamRX palette.  I bought 8 Yaby shadows last year (including Seashell) and added some swatch photos too.  The last one on the bottom right is Seashell that I bought last year.  I haven't yet opened up the Seashell and Azalea that I got from Ipsy.

I did the swatches on bare skin with a single-pass swipe of the shadows with my finger.

The shades are:

Row 1:  es368-midday lake, es114-jungle mist, es345-sunny ocean (my fave, has a bit of gold sheen), es585-golden age

Thank you for the swatches... jungle mist and golden age look really nice and very pigmented to me!

The shades are:

Those are gorgeous!

The shades are:

Oooh!  I like Sunny Ocean, Fairytrail, and Pink Diamond.  I'm looking at all the eyeshadows on the Yaby site and, because of Sunny Ocean, Fairytrail, Pink Diamond, Cappuccino Dream, and a few other colors whose names I can't seem to remember, I'm actually contemplating placing an order. (Okay, it was mostly Cappuccino Dream.)  Nevermind.  I just saw how much the shipping estimate was.

Wow, these teeny tiny baby shadows are pretty much the perfect size for me! I'm so flittery and fickle when it comes to color that even itty bitties like these will last forever. I ended up with the Azalea Petal and Seashell, and I was hoping for the other pair because turquoise is much more my speed (the brighter, the better!), but I'll give these a shot instead of trying to swap them away since they *are* great spring colors. If I happen to end up getting the other two one day, fantastic! I want more of these mini shadows. Love them. I can't buy any right now, but maybe that will change some day, and maybe we'll see more of them in the future like we have with the Coastal Scents quads.

Got off the waitlist today! I keep getting outbid on eBay for this month's bag. I guess that means we're not meant to be.

The shades are:

Wow, those are superdupes pigmented! Love them! I wonder why my So Vein and Sand Dune weren't pigmented at all? I've heard both sides of the spectrum, some people say they're very pigmented others (like myself) not at all....hrm...These are fantastic though!

Latest posts

Back