(Spoilers) Julep July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone else notice the Jules for taking the box decreased? Last month, I got 650 Jules (seems like it's been 750 in the past).
The amount of Jules depends on the box. So I am guessing you ordered polish lover last month. In my experience, they so bonus jules sometimes as a promotion. For example, that had a double point for one of the month this year.

This is from julep site "You’ll get 100 Jules when you join Maven, 300 Jules each time you get a Maven Box, 350 for each My Maven Box, 550 for each Maven Luxe Box, 650 for each Polish Lover Upgrade, 1,000 for each Ultimate Upgrade, 200 Jules on your birthday, and 500 Jules during your anniversary month."

Looks like another easy skip for me. 

I have two fairly large orders coming today from the Red Marker Sale though, so I'll still have plenty of new polish to test out this month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I really don't think vikki looks anything like Harriet. I looked through my polishes and don't have anything quite the same as Vikki so I think I'll be adding her on to the Modern Beauty box. The rest of the colors I like but have close enough dupes for already. I know I'm in the minority but I like cremes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's a nice collection but I will be super sad if we don't get our beachy/ocean theme sometime this summer. I still really want to see colors like that.

The selection window is open! Skipped. *So* happy it was open before I left for work because -- reminder time! -- you can't skip from your phone.

Not impressed with this collection at all, but since I still can't fucking skip, I'm going Bombshell with 2 color fans and the correcting pen as add-ons. I want the stardusts, but at the same time, I know I'm going to have mixed feelings about them if I get them because I hate their formula and how easily they chip when I wear them sans top coat like I'm supposed to.

Not impressed with this collection at all, but since I still can't plucking skip, I'm going Bombshell with 2 color fans and the correcting pen as add-ons. I want the stardusts, but at the same time, I know I'm going to have mixed feelings about them if I get them because I hate their formula and how easily they chip when I wear them sans top coat like I'm supposed to.
Have you tried the new oxygen base coat? I didn't expect much of it, but I've used it twice and my polish hasn't chipped at all. I've had a micro glitter (Greta) on for 7 days now with no chipping and barely any signs of wear.  Usually micro glitters only last me about 3-4 days before big pieces start falling off.

I have enough jules for a free box, so since its my birthday month I decided to treat myself.  I got the CwT box, so I got Kelsey and Vicki even though I'm not terribly excited about Kelsey.  I added on Braiden and Lissa and the Plie creativity kit, so I'll get the "bonus" for adding on 3 items.

Yep I skipped too. I really don't need more lotion and the only colors I want are really just going to be gifts, I'll get them later.

Okay...need a little help here.  I'm not seeing the skip button where it normally is.  Have they moved it?

Okay...need a little help here. I'm not seeing the skip button where it normally is. Have they moved it?
It's not a button any more. It's just text next to the... Gift this box button? I can't remember which button it is. But, yeah, they removed the button and replaced it with text. And it's just completely not there on mobile.

It's not a button any more. It's just text next to the... Gift this box button? I can't remember which button it is. But, yeah, they removed the button and replaced it with text. And it's just completely not there on mobile.
Ah!  I see it now...thanks!  Drives me nuts when they move it around.  Leave it where it's at so we don't have to search for the dang thing...

I wish they let you combine the body polish and body milk, sort of a customized Modern Beauty Box.   But the polish is only available as a (too expensive) add on. Boooooo.

I ended up getting the body milk with Kelsey and Lorenzana.  I just got that cool Doily topcoat from Butter London and I need neutrals to use with it.

Strangely, they are only asking for 2000 Jules for the my maven luxe box in the add ons. So, if you have enough, you can get milk, scrub and oil as a fairly good deal. 

I like this collection a lot. I want braiden, lissa, tamara and tegan. Still debating whether I should give the milk a chance hoping that the smell is less intense than the oil.

For anyone who has done the prepaid 3-month MyMaven - when I go to edit my box, under Step 3: Confirm your details, it says, "The current month's box has already been paid for. After this month you will have 9 prepaid boxes remaining." 

9 boxes??

Last month, I was charged $59.97 (one charge of $19.99 and one of $39.98) for 3 months of MyMaven.

Anyone else seeing a crazy number of prepaid boxes left?

I wish they let you combine the body polish and body milk, sort of a customized Modern Beauty Box.   But the polish is only available as a (too expensive) add on. Boooooo.

I ended up getting the body milk with Kelsey and Lorenzana.  I just got that cool Doily topcoat from Butter London and I need neutrals to use with it.
I don't understand that either.  I just realized add-ons are 6.99 now too.  I won't bother with that.  I have to take my next box anyway so I'll just wait a month to save $2, as silly as that sounds lol.  Or I might just go with CwT and forget about the Mint Condition. 

Also, do you need more than 2000 Jules for a free MyMaven box? I have 2500 Jules and it's saying I don't have enough to cover my box (with no add-ons).

I supposedly have 7 boxes remaining. I used Jules for May (2000 as usual) and they only charged me the roughly $40 for the Maven subscription.

I highly doubt that mistake won't be corrected. They must have the crappiest IT department ever ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think vikki looks anything like Harriet. I looked through my polishes and don't have anything quite the same as Vikki so I think I'll be adding her on to the Modern Beauty box. The rest of the colors I like but have close enough dupes for already. I know I'm in the minority but I like cremes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's a nice collection but I will be super sad if we don't get our beachy/ocean theme sometime this summer. I still really want to see colors like that.
Yeah now that I see the swatches more clearly, I don't think so either.

I don't understand that either.  I just realized add-ons are 6.99 now too.  I won't bother with that.  I have to take my next box anyway so I'll just wait a month to save $2, as silly as that sounds lol.  Or I might just go with CwT and forget about the Mint Condition. 
Yep.  I KNEW they were going to raise the price of Add Ons once they started the new customizable My Maven program.  Little by little, it feels like Julep is trying to force all Mavens to join that program.  It's all getting so complicated, in my opinion.  I feel like I have to have a calculator and a notepad handy just to choose some damn nail polishes and beauty products in order to make sure I get the best deal.  Otherwise, I feel like I'm getting screwed. 

Back