(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picking up:

Party Dress

Francis

Annemarie

Lois

Kimberly 

Vera

Alma

Soshanna

Malala (polishperk)

Mini cosmetic brush

Eyelash curler

Total: 21 dollars

What an awesome sale!  I tried to pick colors I normally wouldn't buy, like Alma and Francis, because for 2 bucks even if I don't like it it'll be good to have on hand for nail art or gifts.  I have been wanting Malala for a while so I'm really happy to get it 'free' with the code.

I might already have Lois, can't remember, I know I have a pale pink shimmer from them that I thought I wouldn't like when it was in the bottle but really like on my nails.

Maybe you won the iPad mini?
That would super awesome, but I think they would ship Fed Ex?  Oooooo someone just posted spoilers for box #1!!!  I'm happy since I actually don't have anything already.

Elena

Noelle

Rooney

Nadia

Forget Me Not seeds

Hand and cuticle stick

Full size glycolic hand scrub

Swatch sticks

The more I think about this "exclusive sale" today the more peeved I am.  They have not been batting .1000 with me lately.

This week I had a white lacquer jewelry box arrive with the rest of my order.  I have six of these now.  I know what they're supposed to look like.  This was the condition of that particular jewelry / polish box - brand new, fresh out of the outer presentation box -- dirty and spotted on the bottom with a huge scrape, and dirty on the inside:

I mean seriously - I DO know what I'm talking about here - and have others to compare!

Three days later now and still not a peep out of their customer service.  And I wrote because they always want photos of damaged items - which drags it out even longer - so I cut that step out and sent the images with the complaint / customer service request.

The box was $38.40 before coupon!

I just feel like they don't care anymore.  They're making their money so thank you, drive through...

So glad I discovered Rainbow Honey!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm.  I got some hand scrub (I had a sample packet and liked it) and a couple polishes last night.  I think it's weird that Julep is saying the link was "leaked" when I purchased my items right from the Savvy Deals link right on their website.

I did wish they would add more stuff but I'm thinking if they haven't by now, they probably won't.

Here's a handy photo for Mystery Box #1 Spoilers

Julep+Summer+Break+Mystery+Box+%231+Spoilers.jpg

Ended up getting Lois, the Little Lights set, and Rosa.  I used the PERK1020 code and basically paid full price for Rosa and got the rest for free.  I can live with that.

Here's a handy photo for Mystery Box #1 Spoilers

Julep+Summer+Break+Mystery+Box+%231+Spoilers.jpg
Thanks! I'm happy with everything, except huge eye roll that Nadia is $2 right now.  I don't swatch things but I'm sure those can be swapped or something.  I can't really complain since technically I paid $17 and also got Kathy free.  I think a lot of people would be happy with this box at the old price but $25 is stretching it for a "spring" box.

Thanks! I'm happy with everything, except huge eye roll that Nadia is $2 right now.  I don't swatch things but I'm sure those can be swapped or something.  I can't really complain since technically I paid $17 and also got Kathy free.  I think a lot of people would be happy with this box at the old price but $25 is stretching it for a "spring" box.
At this point, I really don't have sympathy for people who keep buying the mystery boxes and then get upset every time that they don't like the stuff or don't think the colors are season appropriate. I'm not saying you are or anything, but everyone else that complains every time and buys them every time...yeah I don't feel bad for them. I haven't bought a mystery item since March and every time I'm happy I didn't.

I learned real quick on the Mystery boxes.  No more for me!

I did get a Mystery Add on to my order which I just received.  The $9.99 Mystery add-on contained: Michelle, Vera and Lizanne.  I don't know if all mystery add ons are the same but I thought I'd share.

At this point, I really don't have sympathy for people who keep buying the mystery boxes and then get upset every time that they don't like the stuff or don't think the colors are season appropriate. I'm not saying you are or anything, but everyone else that complains every time and buys them every time...yeah I don't feel bad for them. I haven't bought a mystery item since March and every time I'm happy I didn't.
I stopped buying them too...overall I'd rather pay for what I know I want to get than take a chance at being hugely disappointed.  Especially when some of the mystery boxes are 25-30 bucks.  I just basically made my own mystery box out of the Savvy Deals section and am getting 10 polishes for 21, and they are colors I actually want!

I do love a good surprise though.  I used to sign up for freebies/free stuff contests a lot on the web and was always looking forward to seeing what would come in the mail every day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  No time for that anymore, but it was fun.

I have SO many Juleps, getting mystery boxes now I expect dupes. I usually skip them now unless I know what is inside (either all of the contents or a partial spoiler) and then if it's a good deal for me, regardless of a few dupes, I'll get it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also love the surprise! 

Yeah, I see guess I see both sides.  I have been both thrilled and crushed by mystery boxes.  This ones somewhere in the middle for me.  It's been a good 6 months since I've gotten one so I had to have a little fun and roll the dice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  I figure if you use a code and like half of it, it was a success. I think I'm most excited to finally get the seeds haha!

Yeah, I see guess I see both sides.  I have been both thrilled and crushed by mystery boxes.  This ones somewhere in the middle for me.  It's been a good 6 months since I've gotten one so I had to have a little fun and roll the dice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  I figure if you use a code and like half of it, it was a success. I think I'm most excited to finally get the seeds haha!
Haha! Totally agree with you! I'm a little excited about the seeds too, this is my first time getting them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The more I think about this "exclusive sale" today the more peeved I am.  They have not been batting .1000 with me lately.

This week I had a white lacquer jewelry box arrive with the rest of my order.  I have six of these now.  I know what they're supposed to look like.  This was the condition of that particular jewelry / polish box - brand new, fresh out of the outer presentation box -- dirty and spotted on the bottom with a huge scrape, and dirty on the inside:

I mean seriously - I DO know what I'm talking about here - and have others to compare!

Three days later now and still not a peep out of their customer service.  And I wrote because they always want photos of damaged items - which drags it out even longer - so I cut that step out and sent the images with the complaint / customer service request.

The box was $38.40 before coupon!

I just feel like they don't care anymore.  They're making their money so thank you, drive through...

So glad I discovered Rainbow Honey!
Oh no, how sad!  Especially that they are not responding.  Your other boxes look really nice compared to the banged up new one.  I hope they rectify this for you quickly.

Two of the things I was originally going to order sold out while I was trying to get everything together and Julep's heavy traffic slowed me down, but this is what I ended up getting. I got expedited shipping so I'll have it sooner and won't have to keep stressing about where it is like I do when stuff comes through standard DHL shipping.

Q46soG2.jpg

I just randomly searched for Emerson (the light blue speckled polish) because I have been trying to find it forever....it came up as $2 but is NOT listed in the sale or under the polishes OR savvy deals....sooooo might be worth it to search for a color you've been wanting but can't find. I ordered it without any problems :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Annnnnd just realized Julep is on Ebates!  1.5% cash back...sorry if I am repeating old info!

Latest posts

Back