(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I inadvertently got dupes in my March Secret Store order: Zelda and Reiko (from the champagne trio). The pictures looked different so I thought they'd be different enough metallic shades (Zelda looked more gold with Reiko pinker), but nope -- they're exactly the same. I swatched them together and you can't tell the difference. Same polish, different names.

Guess that's what I get for trusting Julep photos! I like the color and will use two bottles (eventually!) but I hate the relabeling of polish.

http://www.julep.com/zelda.html

http://www.julep.com/shop/savvy-deals/reiko.html
I actually asked someone for comparisons from the Julep group on FB:

L to R: Reiko, Zelda, Margot, Sienna

Not dupes necessarily, but yeah, Juleps's swatches are lies.

I just got mine ladies, I think the colors are similar but not quite exact dupes. The Emerald color isn't quite as blue as it shows, but looks lighter than Emilie. Ruby slippers is really fine microglitter.

I just got mine ladies, I think the colors are similar but not quite exact dupes. The Emerald color isn't quite as blue as it shows, but looks lighter than Emilie. Ruby slippers is really fine microglitter.
It looks so good. So glad I decided to pick one of these up for myself.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have had the same problem for months, they still have not done anything about it.

I'm having the same email issues with Julep and Birchbox. On my second sub using my gmail email account I get emails galore, from Birchbox and used to from Julep before I cancelled my second sub with them, but on my main account which is a yahoo email, I get nada. I contacted Birchbox about it and got no answers. I wasn't going to bother contacting Julep, but maybe I will? I feel like I'm constantly missing out on stuff! I wouldn't know anything if I didn't come to MUT.

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I kind of feel that I owe Aretha an apology.

I didn't have a light blue polish, so this is over Ciate Pepperminty, but so gorgeous and sparkly!  I'm really glad I got it, and will now be looking for an ice blue polish to put under it.  But honestly, I think it would look good over a lot of different polishes, not just blue, so it may be a little more "wearable" than a sparkly light blue aquamarine would have been.

ETA: sorry this is blury.  But FWIW, I didn't use a flash.  Those little sparkly bits are just reflections from the overhead lights in the room.
Thanks for posting, cant wait to get mine in the mail!

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Wizard of Oz set and Aretha have been sitting in Grand Prairie, Tx for a week now with no movement :-( ::sniffle:: Totally past my birthday but now as this point I'm just crossing my fingers that it doesn't get lost!
Sorry to hear that,  mine still has not arrived I hope it does in time for my birthday.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I inadvertently got dupes in my March Secret Store order: Zelda and Reiko (from the champagne trio). The pictures looked different so I thought they'd be different enough metallic shades (Zelda looked more gold with Reiko pinker), but nope -- they're exactly the same. I swatched them together and you can't tell the difference. Same polish, different names.

Guess that's what I get for trusting Julep photos! I like the color and will use two bottles (eventually!) but I hate the relabeling of polish.

http://www.julep.com/zelda.html

http://www.julep.com/shop/savvy-deals/reiko.html
I actually asked someone for comparisons from the Julep group on FB:

L to R: Reiko, Zelda, Margot, Sienna

Not dupes necessarily, but yeah, Juleps's swatches are lies.

I have Zelda and Sienna not sure if I need the other two after seeing this pic.

I'm thinking about getting Harriet to use the freegold promo, but the reviews of it are definitely mixed on Julep's site. Seemed like it was a popular color here. What did those of you who ordered it think of it? I put more stock in the opinions of MUTers than random internet reviewers. Thanks.

Quote:Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is just something so beautiful about a nice crisp photo of Julep polishes!! I'm regretting not getting this collection now :/

Quote:Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't know anything if I didn't come to MUT.

Between MUT and the Julep Swap facebook page, I've been keeping up luckily! Otherwise I'd be completely in the dark!

I actually asked someone for comparisons from the Julep group on FB: L to R: Reiko, Zelda, Margot, Sienna Not dupes necessarily, but yeah, Juleps's swatches are lies.
I have Sienna already but ordered margot with the freegold promo anyway...I thought they looked almost identical, but I love sienna so don't mind having a similar color. I'm actually wearing sienna right now!

Quote:Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is just something so beautiful about a nice crisp photo of Julep polishes!! I'm regretting not getting this collection now :/
I just picked it up 2 days ago as a $19.99 add on at check out. If you're interested you could see if they still have it as an option :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wouldn't know anything if I didn't come to MUT.

Between MUT and the Julep Swap facebook page, I've been keeping up luckily! Otherwise I'd be completely in the dark! I agree, im a member of that FB group too.

I'm thinking about getting Harriet to use the freegold promo, but the reviews of it are definitely mixed on Julep's site. Seemed like it was a popular color here. What did those of you who ordered it think of it? I put more stock in the opinions of MUTers than random internet reviewers. Thanks.
I think it looks great, kind of similar to Nan if you already have that, but the formula was good and it looks great with Elisa. I did 2 coats of Elisa, then let it dry overnight, and taped on Harriet. Ignore that chipping on my middle finger that was from the tape even though it dried over night. I am very impressed with the staying power of this mani, no top coat, no base coat, and it's lasted over a week. I've only had minor chipping on the index finger, and that's just because I've been using it to take off shrink wrap on nail colors lol.

Thanks, Kelly. I think I may go for it. I don't have a good coral and think this might fit the gap. Edited for bad auto correct.

Harriet is really pretty in person. I was very pleasantly surprised with it and I think I will wear it throughout the summer. I would pay maven pricing for it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it looks great, kind of similar to Nan if you already have that, but the formula was good and it looks great with Elisa. I did 2 coats of Elisa, then let it dry overnight, and taped on Harriet. Ignore that chipping on my middle finger that was from the tape even though it dried over night. I am very impressed with the staying power of this mani, no top coat, no base coat, and it's lasted over a week. I've only had minor chipping on the index finger, and that's just because I've been using it to take off shrink wrap on nail colors lol.

So pretty!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Harriet is really pretty in person. I was very pleasantly surprised with it and I think I will wear it throughout the summer. I would pay maven pricing for it.

Looks great on you!

Yay, discounts! The add-ons I remember: Oz set for 14.99 Holiday lip gloss set w/primer 14.99 Mystery add on 9.99 Big mystery add on 14.99

Back