(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Do you know what that nude color is? Looks like it may be a variation from someone else's add on.
Hmm, no idea, but yea, this add on is different than the one you posted.  The person that posted these pics (FB Julep Swap group) didn't list the names from what I could see.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vikki120306 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This may be old news, but since we are all nail polish obsessed, I thought I'd share the Nail Polish Book app.  I have it on my iPhone right now and am loving it.  You can catalogue all your colors along with pictures and details.  Now I won't have to wonder when I'm nail shopping at work... not that I ever do that or anything...

I can't find it on Android...Sad Panda!

Quote: Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm... Maybe sally? Kinda looks like it, and sally is pre 'color treat' I found it, it's Clara. So I've seen one big add on with Ciara and 4 others, and Clara with the same 4 others. I've seen the photos, so it's not a name mix up. Very strange.

After the immediate disappointment from the Mystery Box spoilers I decided to log on to Julep and just buy exactly what I wanted.  I ended up going to the check out with the Seafoam and Harp set (Shenae and Blake) as well as Aretha.  The Wizard of Oz set came up as an add on for $19.99 which I had regretted not picking up in the Secret Store for the same price.  I decided to treat myself to that and realized my Mom might like it too so got an extra for her as well (it wouldn't let me get more than 1 Wizard of Oz set so I broke my order up in to 2 so I could get them 
smile.gif
).

Hopefully they will sell these colors individually in the future. I know they have done this in the past. I have most of the colors in these boxes already so the mystery boxes are not worth purchasing for me.

Quote:Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ughh give it a couple months and maybe we'll get it :/ I love my Android but I hate having to wait for all the good apps!

Quote:Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found it, it's Clara. So I've seen one big add on with Ciara and 4 others, and Clara with the same 4 others. I've seen the photos, so it's not a name mix up. Very strange.

Edit: Nevermind I answered my own question here. I love Clara, and I'm running low on it. Makes me even more disappointed that I didn't get the add-on option at check out! At work we've got Windows 7 but maybe an old version of IE, b/c nothing ever shows up quite right on websites. I'm assuming that is why the add-on box didn't pop up for me?? Idk, it's probably a sign that I shouldn't be ordering nail polish at work in the first place!

Use promo code FREEGOLD to get a free gold polish with any $10 purchase! You can use it an unlimited number of times as well, and you can use it for multiple golds in one purchase! As long as you have $10 worth of product per gold... Example: I have Tania, Emilie, Margot, and Andrea in my cart and the code deducted $22.40!!!

I emailed Julep about my free polish code and missing Jules.  They said the free polish code was sent at the end of February so you if you didn't receive yours yet - email them!  Also, they said my maven anniversary was actually in December.....so uh... yeah... they are definitely really late with my anniversary Jules
icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know right? The two polish apps I have for Android are lacking in different ways. I remember seeing this one a few months back when looking for apps and was sad that it was iPhone only.

I inadvertently got dupes in my March Secret Store order: Zelda and Reiko (from the champagne trio). The pictures looked different so I thought they'd be different enough metallic shades (Zelda looked more gold with Reiko pinker), but nope -- they're exactly the same. I swatched them together and you can't tell the difference. Same polish, different names.

Guess that's what I get for trusting Julep photos! I like the color and will use two bottles (eventually!) but I hate the relabeling of polish.

http://www.julep.com/zelda.html

http://www.julep.com/shop/savvy-deals/reiko.html

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[SIZE=medium]Use promo code FREEGOLD to get a free gold polish with any $10 purchase![/SIZE]

You can use it an unlimited number of times as well, and you can use it for multiple golds in one purchase! As long as you have $10 worth of product per gold... Example: I have Tania, Emilie, Margot, and Andrea in my cart and the code deducted $22.40!!!
Also works with savvy deals!  I just got 4 polishes for $10.97 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was going to get Gianna with my free polish code anyway so now I will just save it for another polish.

I inadvertently got dupes in my March Secret Store order: Zelda and Reiko (from the champagne trio). The pictures looked different so I thought they'd be different enough metallic shades (Zelda looked more gold with Reiko pinker), but nope -- they're exactly the same. I swatched them together and you can't tell the difference. Same polish, different names. Guess that's what I get for trusting Julep photos! I like the color and will use two bottles (eventually!) but I hate the relabeling of polish. http://www.julep.com/zelda.html http://www.julep.com/shop/savvy-deals/reiko.html
Yep I have both of those too, and they're exactly the same. Oh well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I received my Wizard of Oz set. 2 dupes. Tin Man = Rebel (silver holo) and Glinda the Good Witch = Zora (light pink frost). I wonder if they are all dupes but I just don't have Julep colors for the red glitter and the green. I'm kinda bummed. At least the packaging is cute.

So I received my Wizard of Oz set. 2 dupes. Tin Man = Rebel (silver holo) and Glinda the Good Witch = Zora (light pink frost). I wonder if they are all dupes but I just don't have Julep colors for the red glitter and the green. I'm kinda bummed. At least the packaging is cute.
From what I've seen, the emerald looks like Hoch from the Trina Turk collection. Also, it may just be me, but I'd think something like this would have silver or gold caps. Julep seems to be using them a lot lately, but everything that really is more special is just a plain bottle.

I just ordered Monica, 2x Sylvia (One for my sister because its her name, and one for me because I want it, too! lol) and Jane for just under $13! I love you enabling MUT ladies! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From what I've seen, the emerald looks like Hoch from the Trina Turk collection.
Also, it may just be me, but I'd think something like this would have silver or gold caps. Julep seems to be using them a lot lately, but everything that really is more special is just a plain bottle.
I made this prediction too, but someone else mentioned it was unlikely since they were supposedly exclusive colours. However, Julep Emilie is another candidate: http://www.julep.com/emilie-it-girl.html

The only one truly unique to that connection is supposedly the ruby slippers one.

Back