(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get the Malala email but I saw it on facebook. The color is beautiful!! And such a good cause. I love that they donate 100% of the profit (meaning after their fees). I'm ordering one for sure, maybe even 2 b/c it looks a lot like my go-to color from another brand and I'm excited about it!

No email here, no email on the Mystery Boxes. The gal I talked to last week when I called because my addons were missing was supposedly going to resub me to see if that fixed it. Nope. Changed email addresses to see if that fixed it, nope. I'm only getting emails for my monthly box, so that tells me Julep doesn't want my money that badly. I don't do Facebook, so I'd never know about this stuff if I didn't check out here on a regular basis.

I have had the same problem for months, they still have not done anything about it.

Quote:Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have had the same problem for months, they still have not done anything about it.

I'm having the same email issues with Julep and Birchbox. On my second sub using my gmail email account I get emails galore, from Birchbox and used to from Julep before I cancelled my second sub with them, but on my main account which is a yahoo email, I get nada. I contacted Birchbox about it and got no answers. I wasn't going to bother contacting Julep, but maybe I will? I feel like I'm constantly missing out on stuff!

Did anyone else see the email they sent this morning about the change to the new caps?  I'm actually impressed they listened to the complaints people had about the new caps and changed them.

I kind of feel that I owe Aretha an apology.

I didn't have a light blue polish, so this is over Ciate Pepperminty, but so gorgeous and sparkly!  I'm really glad I got it, and will now be looking for an ice blue polish to put under it.  But honestly, I think it would look good over a lot of different polishes, not just blue, so it may be a little more "wearable" than a sparkly light blue aquamarine would have been.

ETA: sorry this is blury.  But FWIW, I didn't use a flash.  Those little sparkly bits are just reflections from the overhead lights in the room.

Quote: Originally Posted by With2Ls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Did anyone else see the email they sent this morning about the change to the new caps?  I'm actually impressed they listened to the complaints people had about the new caps and changed them.

What did it say? The only email I got was the one for my order using my free polish code (to which I had to call and ask about, because I never got that email either) last night.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm having the same email issues with Julep and Birchbox. On my second sub using my gmail email account I get emails galore, from Birchbox and used to from Julep before I cancelled my second sub with them, but on my main account which is a yahoo email, I get nada. I contacted Birchbox about it and got no answers. I wasn't going to bother contacting Julep, but maybe I will? I feel like I'm constantly missing out on stuff!
I've contacted them multiple times about it, was told that they'd readd me to the list to fix it, but that hasn't fixed it. I had one gal try to blame it on Gmail, but I'm still not getting anything after changing it to a non Google/Yahoo domain email, so its definitely something on their end.

It's another thing that tells me that they're not interested in retaining long term Mavens. I used to get all the emails for things, and now its just the monthly box emails. Those emails I get on time, probably because my active subscription can be added to the "we have x number of active subs", but the mystery boxes, sales, etc. I no longer receive.

This is the part of the email about the caps:

"Most importantly, this crowdfunding campaign gave us the opportunity to listen to your feedback and answer your questions. Based on what you told us, we’ve refined the new cap design so it fits cleanly over the existing inner cap of your Julep polishes. All polishes will continue to ship with the standard (rectangular) cap, so the look of your collection won’t change at all. When you’re ready to use the Plié Wand, simply pull the standard cap off and replace it with our new Plié overcap. The same Plié overcap will work on all of your Julep polishes. Here’s a quick breakdown of how it works."

The video shows the caps and how they work.

Just recieved my order of March's Aquamarine Aretha and Wizard of Oz set!  I have to admit, I was more excited about the WO set but after opening the box, I LOVE Aretha.  I know a lot of people were put off by the fact that it's only a top coat, but in my opinion it's a really beautiful top coat.   @jennm149 's picture is a really pretty example of it.

As for the WO set, considering it was what I was most excited for, I felt a little deflation in my party balloon.  I haven't swatched any of them yet so my opinion has time to change, but even though they are beautiful colors (Emerald City is my favorite), they just don't seem as vibrant as I expected them to be.  Like I said, I was more surprised by Aretha.  But since I got them in the Secret Store, I don't feel bad about paying what I did.

*****SPOILER ALERT***** (my work computer is super outdated and I cannot do the spoiler thing, so if you don't want to know stop reading now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) Girls! Someone on facebook has received their mystery boxes!! I don't have the pic but I'll list the polishes she received... Taryn Mystery Box: Taryn, Tatiana, Dahlia, and Brielle, along with Neon Dips, Lengthening Mascara, and Mint Condition. Aislinn Mystery Box: Aislinn, Tatiana, Jennifer, Tracy, and Kennedy, along with Neon Dips and Mint Condition 100% Mystery Box: Shenea, Olivia, Reece, Missy, Diana, Jodie, Audrey, and Ursula. As small as my Julep collection is, it looks like I'll still end up with a dupe from my Taryn box. And, it's one I already have up for swap b/c I didn't like it much.. Ah well, that's the gamble I took.

I got my replacement box yesterday, hooray!  I don't have any dupes for Lizanne, Princess Grace, or Margaret so they are the perfect additions to my collection.  I have only tried out Monaco and Rae so far, and really like both of them.  I did not have any formula problems like others have mentioned.  Monaco might be a little bit runny, but really not too bad and the Rae formula is great.

I'm debating on the mystery box... I really want to place a large Zoya order in April for Earth Day (the 50% off) and I'm looking at about 10 polishes or so.  Sooo I need to figure out if I want to spend more money with Julep and maybe gets dupes or colors I don't want, or just order what I know I want from Zoya!  I do love the thrill of a mystery box though.  Decisions, decisions!

*****SPOILER ALERT*****
(my work computer is super outdated and I cannot do the spoiler thing, so if you don't want to know stop reading now
smile.gif
)

Girls! Someone on facebook has received their mystery boxes!! I don't have the pic but I'll list the polishes she received...

Taryn Mystery Box: Taryn, Tatiana, Dahlia, and Brielle, along with Neon Dips, Lengthening Mascara, and Mint Condition.
Aislinn Mystery Box: Aislinn, Tatiana, Jennifer, Tracy, and Kennedy, along with Neon Dips and Mint Condition
100% Mystery Box: Shenea, Olivia, Reece, Missy, Diana, Jodie, Audrey, and Ursula.

As small as my Julep collection is, it looks like I'll still end up with a dupe from my Taryn box. And, it's one I already have up for swap b/c I didn't like it much.. Ah well, that's the gamble I took.
Ooooh thanks for that.  I think I'm going to pass.  If I ordered a mystery box it would probably be the 100% mystery and I am not in love with all those colors.  I think I'll just spend a little more and do my Zoya order in April and be able to pick exactly what I want!

*****SPOILER ALERT*****
(my work computer is super outdated and I cannot do the spoiler thing, so if you don't want to know stop reading now
smile.gif
)

Girls! Someone on facebook has received their mystery boxes!! I don't have the pic but I'll list the polishes she received...

Taryn Mystery Box: Taryn, Tatiana, Dahlia, and Brielle, along with Neon Dips, Lengthening Mascara, and Mint Condition.
Aislinn Mystery Box: Aislinn, Tatiana, Jennifer, Tracy, and Kennedy, along with Neon Dips and Mint Condition
100% Mystery Box: Shenea, Olivia, Reece, Missy, Diana, Jodie, Audrey, and Ursula.

As small as my Julep collection is, it looks like I'll still end up with a dupe from my Taryn box. And, it's one I already have up for swap b/c I didn't like it much.. Ah well, that's the gamble I took.
Bummer, pretty much the whole Aislinn box will be a dupe for me, except Aislinn of course. Any chance you remember what has tag they used? I can't find the photo.

Quote:Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bummer, pretty much the whole Aislinn box will be a dupe for me, except Aislinn of course. Any chance you remember what has tag they used? I can't find the photo.

It wasn't hashtagged :/ It was a post in the Julep Swap group, and the photos were posted in the comments and there were over 100 comments I had to scroll through to find them haha. Give me a few minutes and I'll try to get them posted on here.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It wasn't hashtagged :/ It was a post in the Julep Swap group, and the photos were posted in the comments and there were over 100 comments I had to scroll through to find them haha. Give me a few minutes and I'll try to get them posted on here. Thanks! I would appreciate it. I joined the group so I can hopefully see it

Okay, here are the pics I found on facebook-- Taryn:
Aislinn:
100% Mystery:
Not the best photos but any visual helps haha. Too bad she didn't get Shannon so we could what's in that!

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They seriously need to stop saying there will be no product overlap if you buy all the mystery boxes.
I agree. None of this BS about "Oh well it's a bonus not included in the value of the box"... 
mad.gif
  Although I guess it's my own fault for believing their word.

Quote:Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They seriously need to stop saying there will be no product overlap if you buy all the mystery boxes.

Did they say that? The only disclaimer I saw regarding dupes was that if you buy mulitple of the same box there will be product overlap, but nothing promising that there would not be.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did they say that? The only disclaimer I saw regarding dupes was that if you buy mulitple of the same box there will be product overlap, but nothing promising that there would not be. They said this for every box page: "And if you want your box to be a total surprise, go for the Lucky Mystery Box (100% Mystery). As an added bonus, polish and product in this style does not overlap with the other Lucky Mystery Boxes." Makes it seem like it, but they could also be referring to the 100% mystery box only. Not very clear. I'm sure that's what they'll say when I email them.

Quote:Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They said this for every box page: "And if you want your box to be a total surprise, go for the Lucky Mystery Box (100% Mystery). As an added bonus, polish and product in this style does not overlap with the other Lucky Mystery Boxes." Makes it seem like it, but they could also be referring to the 100% mystery box only. Not very clear. I'm sure that's what they'll say when I email them.

Oh ok, I didn't even see that on the box pages when I first looked. When you read the statement like that out of context it's clear they are saying the 100% mystery box only, but if it's on every page then that would be confusing!

Latest posts

Back