(SPOILERS) July Birchbox partners with Glamour Magazine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it weird that I'm not excited about this at all?

No. I'm not jazzed about this box at all yet, especially if it contains another music download. I never even downloaded the last one they sent.

Originally Posted by pinktergal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No. I'm not jazzed about this box at all yet, especially if it contains another music download. I never even downloaded the last one they sent.
I didn't use the last music download either. I am not that excited either because I feel like I have most of those items that were free gifts with purchase at Ulta.

Hmm. Still neutral for me so far, though BB's magazine boxes have been a hit for me thus far. 

Originally Posted by AuntOly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am just hoping the perfume ( if it is perfume) is a decent size like the Oscar de la Renta Live in Live that came in this months sample society. Not more if those tiny little freebie vials we usually get
i LOVE that scent!  i got it too and wouldnt mind a second one... its my new fave!

Originally Posted by pinktergal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not too pumped either. I'm so tired stila and color club being in birchbox every month. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So this was the pic that the blogger had with her contest. i posted the text portion last night, but forgot the pic. Looks like some of you are right. The Oscar perfume was in june's SS box, (but honestly- the box pictured looks like maybe a full sized? for sure bigger than the sample ss sent out) 

The Alterna UV thing was in May's ss box i think. 

Some of the others too maybe? Have only been subscribing 2 months, so i'm not sure. 

556257_465622463466018_1890750661_n.jpg

pic that went with the text spoiler I put up last night. 

Perfume looks like a vial in the sample card, definitely not a full size. 

I agree, BB wouldnt put a full size perfume in the boxes.. it wouldnt fit for one.

Originally Posted by Pellen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Most all the samples are bigger, lol.
I just joined Sample Society, will be getting my first box in the beginning of July. Itll be fun to compare to Birchbox, which is my frist and only sub. service untill now!!

I abide by the the terminology "The glass is always half full never half empty."

So either way for $10 bucks I appreciate everything in my boxes.

But if we get some Headphones as people in New York would say...THAT'S POPPPIINNNNNN! lol

I'm not too pumped either. I'm so tired stila and color club being in birchbox every month. 
I'm not tired of Stila being in the boxes, I'm tired of not getting any Stila in my boxes! lol.  But yea, I can see what you're saying.  Maybe if they spread the wealth and didn't give the same people boxes that contain same brand for 3 months and gave that brand to those who didn't get it previous months...hmmm, now that's a thought. lol.  I know there's a "beauty profile" they use, but I swear it doesn't end up making a whole bunch of difference.  My mom listed skin care as splurge item and while she does get that she also gets the big ticket makeup items each month.  I listed makeup and I didn't get any stila products ever or the dior mascara.  Lucky for me, my mom does share the wealth and we use stuff from each other's birchboxes. 

But yea, mix it up a lil' BB!

Glamour has pretty much given away what's going to be in some of the boxes. Found this on the website today:

Some of the pick-me-up products include...

Stila eyeshadow hues and Color Club nail polish--all the better to have them see you, my dears!) Ahava treat to make your skin feel temptingly smooth and Oscar de la Renta perfume so you smell extra delicious. Tasty treats and designed headphones and a "prettifying" playlist for you to listen to on Spotify - plus a month of free premium service on Spotify in every box!

Read More http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2012/06/woot-woot-check-out-the-glamou.html#ixzz1xhKj0SYr

Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glamour has pretty much given away what's going to be in some of the boxes. Found this on the website today:

Stila eyeshadow hues and Color Club nail polish--all the better to have them see you, my dears!) Ahava treat to make your skin feel temptingly smooth and Oscar de la Renta perfume so you smell extra delicious. Tasty treats and designed headphones and a "prettifying" playlist for you to listen to on Spotify - plus a month of free premium service on Spotify in every box!

Read More http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2012/06/woot-woot-check-out-the-glamou.html#ixzz1xhKj0SYr
lol awesome! no surprises next month it seems
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mjkdior713 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not tired of Stila being in the boxes, I'm tired of not getting any Stila in my boxes! lol.  But yea, I can see what you're saying.  Maybe if they spread the wealth and didn't give the same people boxes that contain same brand for 3 months and gave that brand to those who didn't get it previous months...hmmm, now that's a thought. lol.  I know there's a "beauty profile" they use, but I swear it doesn't end up making a whole bunch of difference.  My mom listed skin care as splurge item and while she does get that she also gets the big ticket makeup items each month.  I listed makeup and I didn't get any stila products ever or the dior mascara.  Lucky for me, my mom does share the wealth and we use stuff from each other's birchboxes. 

But yea, mix it up a lil' BB!
The big thing I've noticed with the stila products is they are on hautelook and at least a year old if they are giving full size. Which is fine, make up is make up, and a full size product is nice to have, but it starts to feel like they are loading their old products off on bb subscribers sometimes. 

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I abide by the the terminology "The glass is always half full never half empty."

So either way for $10 bucks I appreciate everything in my boxes.

But if we get some Headphones as people in New York would say...THAT'S POPPPIINNNNNN! lol
LOL i'm from NY as well! and that comment made me ROFL, for sure!

i think since i have an idea of whats going ot be in the boxes, and the curiosity won't get to me as bad, i am not going to peek this box..  or should i say try..  i wasnt going ot peek junes but ended up 2 days before i received it...   but i will try for sure.....
4.gif

Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I wonder how much variety there will be between boxes.  It seemed the Teen Vogue boxes were pretty similar (depending on skin and hair type)--almost everyone got the lipsurgence and essie.  Hopefully it won't be like the GG box where lots of people didn't get the products they advertised would be in it.

The big thing I've noticed with the stila products is they are on hautelook and at least a year old if they are giving full size. Which is fine, make up is make up, and a full size product is nice to have, but it starts to feel like they are loading their old products off on bb subscribers sometimes. 
That could be.  I always miss Stila when it's on Hautelook :/

Originally Posted by mjkdior713 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I wonder how much variety there will be between boxes.  It seemed the Teen Vogue boxes were pretty similar (depending on skin and hair type)--almost everyone got the lipsurgence and essie.  Hopefully it won't be like the GG box where lots of people didn't get the products they advertised would be in it.

There were only four Teen Vogue box variations out of the 23 box variations for March. Since ALL the boxes in July will be Glamour boxes then the variation will increase from four to possibly between 20 and 30 (at this time it's unknown exactly how many variations there will be).

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There were only four Teen Vogue box variations out of the 23 box variations for March. Since ALL the boxes in July will be Glamour boxes then the variation will increase from four to possibly between 20 and 30 (at this time it's unknown exactly how many variations there will be).
Sweet! Good to know - thanks for the info, Zadi! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got 3 (YES THREE) Gossip Girl boxes, because I LOVE GG and I didn't receive ONE make up item or "hot ticket" items. I am not complaining because I know there are win some lose some but a lot lately have been lose some and I am just excited for my win some!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, ouch! I've been happy with my boxes, but you know it is lame for those going on value to get a $4-$8 polish as opposed to a $20+? Makeup item.. this month, being a perfect example with a $36 item and all. I'm more in the pool of getting stuff I'd like to sample and use regardless of value, but the disparity of box values really chap some peeps bums lol. Good luck next month ladies!! Some may need it when they open their boxes lol.

Latest posts

Back