(SPOILERS) July Birchbox partners with Glamour Magazine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Curated by Glamour’s beauty editors, the July box features treats from the following brands, among others:

See It: stila and Color Club to showcase the latest cosmetics trends!

Hear It: Custom designed headphones and a Glamour edited “prettifying†playlist on Spotify – plus a month of free premium service on Spotify in every box!

Feel It: AHAVA and Alterna® for skin and hair that feels silky smooth

Smell It: Oscar de la Renta fragrance to keep you uplifted

Taste It: LÄRABAR and Tea Forté for your snack cravings
ummm. has anyone seen this? on a blog i subscribe to she's doing a 'Birchbox sponsored' giveaway to win one of the july boxes and the info she posted about.... hmm.... don't know but haven't seen this elsewhere? inside scoop????? SOUNDS AWESOME (at least i think so, but i've LOVED my last 2 boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I mean i've seen some of this stuff elsewhere, but #2 is a total surprise to me.
ohmanohmanohman. i wonder if the first part of the "hear it" category will be high quality

Curated by Glamour’s beauty editors, the July box features treats from the following brands, among others:

See It:  stila and Color Club to showcase the latest cosmetics trends!

Hear It:  Custom designed headphones and a Glamour  edited “prettifying†playlist on Spotify – plus a month of free premium service on Spotify in every box!

Feel It:  AHAVA and Alterna® for skin and hair that feels silky smooth

Smell It:  Oscar de la Renta fragrance to keep you uplifted

Taste It:  LÄRABAR and Tea Forté for your snack cravings
ummm. has anyone seen this? on a blog i subscribe to she's doing a 'Birchbox sponsored' giveaway to win one of the july boxes and the info she posted about.... hmm.... don't know but haven't seen this elsewhere? inside scoop????? SOUNDS AWESOME (at least i think so, but i've LOVED my last 2 boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I mean i've seen some of this stuff elsewhere, but #2 is a total surprise to me. Sounds intriguing! I wonder about that first part of 'hear it' as well!

Imagine how mad people are going to be if they only get the low end item from the first sense....

Hear It: Custom designed headphones and a Glamour edited “prettifying†playlist on Spotify – plus a month of free premium service on Spotify in every box!

ummm. has anyone seen this? on a blog i subscribe to she's doing a 'Birchbox sponsored' giveaway to win one of the july boxes and the info she posted about.... hmm.... don't know but haven't seen this elsewhere? inside scoop????? SOUNDS AWESOME (at least i think so, but i've LOVED my last 2 boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I mean i've seen some of this stuff elsewhere, but #2 is a total surprise to me.

Lol, ouch! I've been happy with my boxes, but you know it is lame for those going on value to get a $4-$8 polish as opposed to a $20+? Makeup item.. this month, being a perfect example with a $36 item and all. I'm more in the pool of getting stuff I'd like to sample and use regardless of value, but the disparity of box values really chap some peeps bums lol. Good luck next month ladies!! Some may need it when they open their boxes lol.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll let you know next month since that will probably be my case lol

That'd be cool.  Although (sadly) I'm not trying to get myself too worked up cause everytime they feature Stila (which is a lot lately) I don't get it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Im excited for July's box! Im already over my June box and anticipating whats going to be in July's collaboration box with Glamour because I have just signed up for a second subscription!!! Im really hoping it will be worth it, my beauty profiles are completely different so well see :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I guess I'm the only one feeling a little meh about the July box.  The brands seem to be the same as what's in the SS boxes.  Glamour and Allure are sister mags so I wonder if there are going to be dupes.  I've already gotten 2 perfumes from Oscar de la Renta and 2 Alterna hair products.  I'd been thinking of canceling one of my 2 BB subs and will definitely do so now. 

Originally Posted by Robasha /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a lot of stuff that people were predicting earlier. Though seeing the kinda stuff makes me more excited. Would love if they gave us Ben and Jerry's. I'm from Vermont and they have great ice cream. Polish for see it would be great. I think getting polish is my favorite thing to get in these boxes as I'm pretty much up for any brand and color. For feel getting a puff or some other kind of tool would be more interesting to me then a soothing lotion or something. I'm not going to have high hopes for this box after the GG one, but I'm still getting excited.

Should have kept reading before I posted. See it, hear it (as long as headphones come) and Taste it seem to be intriguing. I know a lot of people don't like food because of allergies, but I like to see a snack as an extra. They should stay away from nuts though as that's a pretty common allergy and can be dangerous just to have it in the box for some people unlike other allergies where they can be around it as long as they don't eat it. I am getting sick of perfume samples tho. You can get them for free and they seem to like sticking them in every single box every month almost. If you are going to give perfume then rollerballs or mini bottle would be much better.

glamour is my fave magazine! and I'm so glad BB is teaming up with them! If (hear it) is earphones, it would make me fall in love with BB since our relationship has been very mundane! 

Originally Posted by bloo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 I am getting sick of perfume samples tho. You can get them for free and they seem to like sticking them in every single box every month almost. If you are going to give perfume then rollerballs or mini bottle would be much better.
Yeah, as much as I LOVE to try out new scents and have discovered a few new favorites through Birchbox, I agree that a rollerball or a small bottle would be soooo much better. I mean come on! anyone can snag a perfume sample vial at their local macys or sephora! I think the perfume samples should be included as en extra and not one of the 4 main items.

So this was the pic that the blogger had with her contest. i posted the text portion last night, but forgot the pic. Looks like some of you are right. The Oscar perfume was in june's SS box, (but honestly- the box pictured looks like maybe a full sized? for sure bigger than the sample ss sent out) 

The Alterna UV thing was in May's ss box i think. 

Some of the others too maybe? Have only been subscribing 2 months, so i'm not sure. 

556257_465622463466018_1890750661_n.jpg

pic that went with the text spoiler I put up last night. 

So this was the pic that the blogger had with her contest. i posted the text portion last night, but forgot the pic. Looks like some of you are right. The Oscar perfume was in june's SS box, (but honestly- the box pictured looks like maybe a full sized? for sure bigger than the sample ss sent out) 

Some of the others too maybe? Have only been subscribing 2 months, so i'm not sure. 

Perfume looks like a vial in the sample card, definitely not a full size. 

Originally Posted by bloo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a lot of stuff that people were predicting earlier. Though seeing the kinda stuff makes me more excited. Would love if they gave us Ben and Jerry's. I'm from Vermont and they have great ice cream. Polish for see it would be great. I think getting polish is my favorite thing to get in these boxes as I'm pretty much up for any brand and color. For feel getting a puff or some other kind of tool would be more interesting to me then a soothing lotion or something. I'm not going to have high hopes for this box after the GG one, but I'm still getting excited.
Yeah I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ben & Jerrys! My guess is that theyll be putting a coupon for a free pint in some of the boxes as a lifestyle extra. I just wish they would include a different color besides gold since a lot of people already recevied the color club disco nap gold polish. I am also curious about the puff, is it a perfumed shimmery body powder puff? hmm.. Lastly, Im wondering if the article you showed the actual box items, maybe their giveaway is a little better or different than the boxes.

Originally Posted by SimplyChelle xX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ben & Jerrys! My guess is that theyll be putting a coupon for a free pint in some of the boxes as a lifestyle extra. I just wish they would include a different color besides gold since a lot of people already recevied the color club disco nap gold polish. I am also curious about the puff, is it a perfumed shimmery body powder puff? hmm.. Lastly, Im wondering if the article you showed the actual box items, maybe their giveaway is a little better or different than the boxes.
I'm think their giveaways won't be exactly the same stuff in our bags, especially since they send out many different boxes. I do hope it's not gold polish either as I just got that in the GG one.

I already have 4 of those items lol definitely hoping not to get dupes!

Originally Posted by AuntOly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am just hoping the perfume ( if it is perfume) is a decent size like the Oscar de la Renta Live in Live that came in this months sample society. Not more if those tiny little freebie vials we usually get

SS is $15/month, so that's why their perfume samples are bigger.

Originally Posted by pinktergal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SS is $15/month, so that's why their perfume samples are bigger.
Most all the samples are bigger, lol.

Latest posts

Back