(SPOILERS) July Birchbox partners with Glamour Magazine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, got a wee bit more info on the Glamour boxes. ALL subscribers will get one much like everyone got a Gossip Girl box. This is not going to be an opt-in/opt-out box like Teen Vogue.
I'm so glad! That opt-in/opt-out turned out to be a pretty big fail. I'm glad they learned from that. 

It's also possible that the taste product could be a flavored lipgloss or something like that, or a food-related beauty product, like a coconut oil hair treatment, depending on how they interpret it. It would be pretty "brave" of them to give granola and a myspace band's downloads out again. Or TEA!!!

I have gotten decent music downloads before...itunes used to do free mixes sometimes, and I got a couple of DJ-mixed party downloads from refinery 29. I prefer things like that, rather than a single band where it's more likely that you won't like them.

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's also possible that the taste product could be a flavored lipgloss or something like that, or a food-related beauty product, like a coconut oil hair treatment, depending on how they interpret it. It would be pretty "brave" of them to give granola and a myspace band's downloads out again. Or TEA!!!

I have gotten decent music downloads before...itunes used to do free mixes sometimes, and I got a couple of DJ-mixed party downloads from refinery 29. I prefer things like that, rather than a single band where it's more likely that you won't like them.
Another thing about the music downloads... sometimes starbucks puts out a "summer mix" where you get of the little cards, but the code gives you access to like 7 summer songs. That would be a good way to make a lot of people happy, even though this is a beauty subscription service... haha

Originally Posted by kcrowebird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another thing about the music downloads... sometimes starbucks puts out a "summer mix" where you get of the little cards, but the code gives you access to like 7 summer songs. That would be a good way to make a lot of people happy, even though this is a beauty subscription service... haha
good point. I would be happier with a mix of songs for a theme than a single artist. Here's hoping!

Originally Posted by jaimelesmots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's possible that the Taste it could be a yummy lip gloss? (yes, I know you're not supposed to eat it...) I can only hope. With so many food allergy problems and different tastes I find food an odd lifestyle product to include in a beauty box. Plus, would they really be including 2 "lifestyle" items (food and download)? I'm pretty convinced the "hear" would be a music download. It's cheap (most likely free) and easy and can be distributed to everyone.
If I remember correctly, the music download they included previously was just an extra, in addition to the regular amount of samples and the lifestyle extra, and not the lifestyle extra itself.  They used to include a food type almost every month - Lara bars, Choco pods (yum!) and more recently, they have been including tea as the lifestyle extras.

Excited because I love Glamour, but not going to get too excited as I was burned by the opt in/out TV BB.  My GG BB was meh.  It seems to be when the box is limited or exclusive they are really good and when everyone gets them they are ok.  Just my opinion.

But good marketing to get us all talking when June boxes aren't even out!

I wish Taste was chocolate but that's probably not a good idea since it's pretty much summer right now. I'd prefer some kind of gummy fruity candy. 

I heard that Glymm stopped giving out jelly beans with their boxes and people were pretty upset over it.

So are the boxes going to be different? I'm assuming there will have to be some variation as they can't possibly get enough of the same samples to cover every single subscriber. Just wondering if it's worth keeping my second box. I was going to cancel it after June since I decided to keep GB.

If it's like the Teen Vogue or Gossip Girl boxes there were be over a dozen box variations with products that cross over. If June's contents - over 40 items - is any indication of July's then the box contents shouldn't overlap too much. Is it worth keeping a 2nd subscription? Not if your profiles are so similar. My younger two daughters have almost identical profiles and have been getting the SAME box each month. I just switched one of their profiles a few weeks ago so we'll see if she keeps getting the same box as her youngest sister.

Originally Posted by mjkdior713 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just really hope if they're offering stila again that everyone gets it--or something equally amazing.  No point in hyping up brands like that if less than half the boxes contain it, ya know?
             I'm with you on that one... as a subscriber who did NOT receive any DIOR product in her GG box....

I'm seriously considering getting another sub and creating a totally different profile...such a good idea!! I am also happy to hear about another fun collab!! It keeps things interesting! I guess we will see how July's box will compare to this month's jet setting theme!!

xX

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it's like the Teen Vogue or Gossip Girl boxes there were be over a dozen box variations with products that cross over. If June's contents - over 40 items - is any indication of July's then the box contents shouldn't overlap too much. Is it worth keeping a 2nd subscription? Not if your profiles are so similar. My younger two daughters have almost identical profiles and have been getting the SAME box each month. I just switched one of their profiles a few weeks ago so we'll see if she keeps getting the same box as her youngest sister.
Well I got different boxes last month, and I'm assuming I'll probably get different ones this month as well. Just because one shipped yesterday and the other one has no information on it yet. Usually when it's the same box, it seems like people get shipping notices at the same time. Guess I have a little less than a month to think on it and decide...

Originally Posted by AuntOly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the pic if you don't want to click through. : )

glamour-birchbox.jpg

[/quote

So this is what I an assuming

Taste- a food item. Probably a bar of some sort

Smell - the Oscar de la Renta perfume

Hear - a music download

See - a Stila makeup product. Probably a lip gloss since they just did liners

Feel - a Boscia lotion or cream for the face or body

Thoughts?

Taste could be a flavored lip product (like a balm or something??)

Originally Posted by strawberrybrite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They'll probably use that popcorn that they put in the Birchbox man boxes for June.
more than likely. we'll still be talking about the "expired popcorn fiasco in July", and how we're still waiting on our replacement bags, months down the line. 
laughs.gif

There was flavored popcorn in the Birchbox Man box? That's..interesting lol.

Originally Posted by strawberrybrite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They'll probably use that popcorn that they put in the Birchbox man boxes for June.
If they do, they'll get a nasty email from me and probably from other vegetarian subscribers...that popcorn had bacon in it!

Back