(SPOILERS) July Birchbox partners with Glamour Magazine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there's alot of people coming off the GG "fiasco" in not receiving great boxes, so not really..Besides, if speculation plays out and people start receiving granola and mp3 download cards...not the greatest lol

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it weird that I'm not excited about this at all?

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol GO. Take pics, send them to birchbox and tell them  you love them thanks to discovering them in your bb, reap the rewards! 
Except....I was already familiar with them even before I heard of Birchbox. To me, that would be unethical :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Plus, it's at Martini Ranch and I HATE Martini Ranch.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, there's alot of people coming off the GG "fiasco" in not receiving great boxes, so not really..Besides, if speculation plays out and people start receiving granola and mp3 download cards...not the greatest lol

Quote: Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it weird that I'm not excited about this at all?

Hopefully the Glamour boxes will be better and not a disappointment. But right now it is pure speculation on what's coming based on one line on the Glamour site.

Okay, got a wee bit more info on the Glamour boxes. ALL subscribers will get one much like everyone got a Gossip Girl box. This is not going to be an opt-in/opt-out box like Teen Vogue.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh gosh...for some reason, I would NOT be surprised if people got mp3 downloads and granola. They said Stila, so many some more of those eyeshadow cards? And Oscar de la Renta makes me think that it'll be some perfume, and I haven't been impressed by any of his fragrances. 

Welcome!! Well put..I didn't blame BB for the Dr. Jart or the Befinegate scandal. They approach/get approached by companies who want to participate and get us samples in the boxes month after month. Sometimes the company doesn't pull through and we end up with the mentioned fiascos. I'm just grateful that BB will honor with replacements or points to make up a difference. Either way, they are the first to get upset emails and take the heat; what can they do, except cut ties with the companies that fouled up and issue apologies to members. Makeup/beauty industry is really cut throat, so BB has to be careful in their approach/business dealings with other companies. They want to turn a profit and stay afloat, sending more boxes and making money off us subbers. Whatever changes happen with BB, will probably be a result of their expansion and ever growing popularity. I'm happy so far, so I'm sticking around with my two subs and looking forward to Junes' boxes and many more!

Originally Posted by cfhilker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Being a new member, I can say that I have been keeping my eye on this company for a while and peeping the boxes prior to joining. I think it will be hard for many of the older members who have a sixth sense for this to guess soon because it seems like Birchbox is rapidly expanding to a point that cosmetic companies are falling over themselves to get in the boxes. I think the next few months have the potential to be really good, and I am already considering a second box (I am just as easily marketed to as a sixteen year old...). Anyway, I am excited to see what happens with Birchbox in the next few months. They have just been everywhere lately.

I would also like to say as an aside that my BB Cream last month was also empty and I came to the conclusion that Dr. Jart should have just put the samples in a smaller container, instead of creating a headache for Birchbox. Mine also came empty. I did contact Birchbox to inform them, and when I mentioned it, along with the fact that I just wanted to give them a heads up that mine was pretty empty (and that obviously no one would blame them for not checking every mini-tube that goes out), and that replacing was not at all expected, I received an awesome email back and prompt replacement(s---I got two back, actually). The funny thing was that had I not used both these tubes, I would have told Dr. Jart to eat it because at first I didn't like it, but eventually bought it after sleeping in my makeup one really bad night.

ANYWAY. June very well may still be TBD. With write-ups in almost every AdAge, Trade Mag and beauty mag, they might just be finishing coordinating the boxes. I definitely think Benefit will be a factor---maybe more Kersastese (sp).

I remember so many people being angry with the opt-in/out thing with the Teen Vogue boxes (examples: didn't get the option, or opted in/out and got the opposite...).  I think maybe BB learned from that and decided against doing that again.  I do like these themes that they've been doing and I think this one will be fun.  Even if the box is completely over-hyped, it keeps us guessing and it's fun.  I seem to be in the minority, but I was happy with my Gossip Girl box.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's also a matter of which brands WANT to participate...getting makeup products in the boxes seems to be tough. I'd love to try something different, too, though.
That's true. I probably shouldn't complain if a cosmetic company is involved, but ya know..

I was happy with my GG boxes...had to get a second account, I got that excited lol.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remember so many people being angry with the opt-in/out thing with the Teen Vogue boxes (examples: didn't get the option, or opted in/out and got the opposite...).  I think maybe BB learned from that and decided against doing that again.  I do like these themes that they've been doing and I think this one will be fun.  Even if the box is completely over-hyped, it keeps us guessing and it's fun.  I seem to be in the minority, but I was happy with my Gossip Girl box.

Originally Posted by AuntOly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the pic if you don't want to click through. : )

glamour-birchbox.jpg

[/quote

So this is what I an assuming

Taste- a food item. Probably a bar of some sort

Smell - the Oscar de la Renta perfume

Hear - a music download

See - a Stila makeup product. Probably a lip gloss since they just did liners

Feel - a Boscia lotion or cream for the face or body

Thoughts?
Oh, drat, not another download! Not that I'm complaining or hate the music, but I use an iPad. Unless it's from iTunes I can't get the downloads to work--had this same problem with the Green River Ordinance promo, and I like them!

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, drat, not another download! Not that I'm complaining or hate the music, but I use an iPad. Unless it's from iTunes I can't get the downloads to work--had this same problem with the Green River Ordinance promo, and I like them!
I use iPad as well and iPod (shuffle). You can download it to your PC then import it into your iTunes library and sync it to your iPad. It's what I have to do with all my non iTunes downloads.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I as well was highly satisfied with GG box...then again I haven't been upset about one box so far...

Yes I haven't used some of the products but mainly due to saving for specific occasions.

Wow, I love the look of the Glamour/Birchbox box! Does anyone else get excited about packaging lol?

I also enjoyed my Teen Vogue Bb so I have high hopes for the Glamour one. I've never received a music download (have only been subbed since March), but I can see where it could be kind of a let down because of varied musical taste. Haven't even received June's box yet and I'm already looking forward to July! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, I love the look of the Glamour/Birchbox box! Does anyone else get excited about packaging lol?

I also enjoyed my Teen Vogue Bb so I have high hopes for the Glamour one. I've never received a music download (have only been subbed since March), but I can see where it could be kind of a let down because of varied musical taste. Haven't even received June's box yet and I'm already looking forward to July! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm always excited about packaging!! Also, I love Glamour magazine -- I've subscribed on and off since I was about 14 or 15! (Wow, that's about two decades, now you all know how old I am haha)

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm always excited about packaging!! Also, I love Glamour magazine -- I've subscribed on and off since I was about 14 or 15! (Wow, that's about two decades, now you all know how old I am haha)
Hehe glad to know I'm not the only one lol. And you are definitely not old! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the idea of partnering with beauty magazines. They know what's trendy, but they also know what women are actually coveting.

I hope this is a good one. I will probably re-activate my subscription on my second account for this

Back