**SPOILERS*** November 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww thanks so much for trying to make me feel better :) I guess I'm over reacting! I like your idea of putting it on my trade list but I have never done that before so not sure how it works . Can you please give me some info on how I can go about doing that. I'd gladly trade it :)
I dont remember how to make a trade list since I did it so long ago. I know there is a pop sugar November trades forum if you just search that and then you could just list your stuff there. I would be interested in your earrings and maybe the candle.

Quote: Originally Posted by fairytale113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a beautifully gift-wrapped box from Shoptiques today! Shaking and prodding reveals that it contains multiple things. I am dying to open it; seriously, I envision news headlines like, 'local woman literally dies of curiosity; family blames subscription service.' I untied the beautiful pink ribbon... and then retied it. 

If I do this next year, I'm going to have the gift tag message be all the reasons I should wait to open it. 

edit: fairytale113, I don't think it's that bad, but not worth $60. Did it fit what you requested?
Nope .. It came no where close to what I requested . And maybe that's what's so upsetting because they made me fill out the questionnaire twice !! That's a shame! (I don't think you're overreacting at all, btw.) If they allow returns, perhaps they'd let you return the whole box, or maybe they could give it another try? I think the earrings are cute, but it's hard to see how those items would be worth the cost of the box, let alone more. 

I dont remember how to make a trade list since I did it so long ago. I know there is a pop sugar November trades forum if you just search that and then you could just list your stuff there. I would be interested in your earrings and maybe the candle.
That's a shame! (I don't think you're overreacting at all, btw.) If they allow returns, perhaps they'd let you return the whole box, or maybe they could give it another try? I think the earrings are cute, but it's hard to see how those items would be worth the cost of the box, let alone more. 
Yes I'd love to trade the earrings with you. I have emailed them so I'm just waiting to hear back from them before I trade anything. Will let you know once I hear back from them.

Yes I'd love to trade the earrings with you. I have emailed them so I'm just waiting to hear back from them before I trade anything. Will let you know once I hear back from them.
sounds good!

I'm really really disappointed with my grab bag. I paid in total of $61 dollars for this only to revive utter junk!! Maybe I'm over reacting but please tell me what you all think.. Would you pay $50 for this? ( no coupon codes used unfortunately )
Is there a third item in that box? Or is it just the necklace and earrings? The necklace looks very pretty and high value from the picture. That could be a signature piece that you wear all the time.

Is there a third item in that box? Or is it just the necklace and earrings? The necklace looks very pretty and high value from the picture. That could be a signature piece that you wear all the time.
The third item is a mini candle . I tried on the necklace only to realize it had a damaged clasp and wouldn't close :-(

The third item is a mini candle . I tried on the necklace only to realize it had a damaged clasp and wouldn't close :-(
Dang! I think you need to return that stuff and get your money back. What company was this? Shoptiques?

I

I'm really really disappointed with my grab bag. I paid in total of $61 dollars for this only to revive utter junk!! Maybe I'm over reacting but please tell me what you all think.. Would you pay $50 for this? ( no coupon codes used unfortunately )
I really like the earrings. I wear studs and stars bad hearts are my fave shapes. I think you should try them out in your wardrobe and see how u like them.

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was damaged, I'd def email Allison Whitney (let me know if u need her email). I emailed her to let her know that I liked my box and she wrote me back quickly and said she hand packed it so she was glad I liked it. Maybe if u contacted her, she'd fix the issue.

I personally wouldn't pay $50 for that, but I don't spend much on my jewelry.  They should at least replace the damaged necklace for you though.  

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was damaged, I'd def email Allison Whitney (let me know if u need her email). I emailed her to let her know that I liked my box and she wrote me back quickly and said she hand packed it so she was glad I liked it. Maybe if u contacted her, she'd fix the issue.
Yes .. I have emailed her this afternoon and just waiting for a reply. Haven't heard back from her yet . Hoping I hear back from her soon. Your box was super cute .. Love the scarf and bangles and ofcourse your little model is simply adorable :)

Yes .. I have emailed her this afternoon and just waiting for a reply. Haven't heard back from her yet . Hoping I hear back from her soon.
Your box was super cute .. Love the scarf and bangles and ofcourse your little model is simply adorable :)
Thank you! She's a little hamm, isn't she? She's my little mini-me. I wish you liked your box as well. I'm hoping they make it better because I've been recommending the grab bags (even though the price went up on their website). Keep us posted. 

Thank you! She's a little hamm, isn't she? She's my little mini-me. I wish you liked your box as well. I'm hoping they make it better because I've been recommending the grab bags (even though the price went up on their website). Keep us posted. 
Yes she is super cute :) And I will definitely keep you all posted :)

Nope .. It came no where close to what I requested . And maybe that's what's so upsetting because they made me fill out the questionnaire twice !!
I suggest writing to them and telling them about how disappointed you are and explaining why you didn't think the items match the questionnaire, if nothing else than to give feedback. If their questionnaire isn't working then they should know that, and they might allow you to exchange the items for something more suitable.

I suggest writing to them and telling them about how disappointed you are and explaining why you didn't think the items match the questionnaire, if nothing else than to give feedback. If their questionnaire isn't working then they should know that, and they might allow you to exchange the items for something more suitable.
Yes I did just that. Sent the email yesterday shortly after receiving the package in the afternoon but I haven't heard back from her yet. So I'm just waiting for a reply. If they sort it out for me than that's great . If not then I guess that was my first and last grab bag :-(

To the ladies that have already posted their Shoptiques grab bags - your bags look awesome!

I got mine last night and opened it out of excitement. Talk about packaging! I really didn't want to ruin the pretty bow & wrapping paper but the anticipation was killing me.

I received a gold ring and statement necklace, both enclosed in Bash & Bow bags. For reference, I opted for the $35 grab bag. I could not be more happier with what I received.

When you order the grab bag, you fill out a form describing your style, sizing, etc. Near the end, the form asks what would be your must have item, and I wrote 'statement necklace' - they listened! The necklace is never something I'd pick out on my own because it's pretty loud, but in person it's a really cool piece. I also love the gold ring - also something I wouldn't pick out on my own but it pairs well with the necklace. Shoptiques advertises that a stylist picks out your items which I always roll my eyes at in disbelief, but I'm truly blown away by their service now.

If anyone else is getting a Shoptiques grab bag, please share!

Quote: Originally Posted by emeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  To the ladies that have already posted their Shoptiques grab bags - your bags look awesome!

I got mine last night and opened it out of excitement. Talk about packaging! I really didn't want to ruin the pretty bow & wrapping paper but the anticipation was killing me.

I received a gold ring and statement necklace, both enclosed in Bash & Bow bags. For reference, I opted for the $35 grab bag. I could not be more happier with what I received.

When you order the grab bag, you fill out a form describing your style, sizing, etc. Near the end, the form asks what would be your must have item, and I wrote 'statement necklace' - they listened! The necklace is never something I'd pick out on my own because it's pretty loud, but in person it's a really cool piece. I also love the gold ring - also something I wouldn't pick out on my own but it pairs well with the necklace. Shoptiques advertises that a stylist picks out your items which I always roll my eyes at in disbelief, but I'm truly blown away by their service now.

If anyone else is getting a Shoptiques grab bag, please share!
Wow, that is a bold look and very pretty. It gives me an egyptian feel. I especially like the ring. Did you get a candle as well? AND FINALLY,I like your nail color. It's a dark but a bright dark…know what I mean?

Back