**SPOILERS*** November 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally getting to my mystery grab bag Shoptiques box post. 

I got the $35 option with my credit and after shipping it came to around $15. 

I also got Bash & Box jewelry. To be honest I don't remember what I put on my survey.  But they sent me little horseshoe studs and a chevron shape midi ring.

I think these items are adorable.  BUT I don't think they're "worth" $50.  To me they're worth the amount I actually paid for them ($15).  Searching the shoptiques site I found another boutique has similar horseshoe studs for $22 and this style midi ring sells for about $6-15 on Etsy, oh and a candy cane.  I feel it got $35 grab bag with what I feel is product worth around $35, not $50 that they advertised.

I'm not upset, I like these items and I'll probably wear them both, often. I tend to wear studs day to day and maybe the horseshoes will bring me luck.  I've never worn a midi ring so it's a style I'm happy to try, and I love wearing rings.  I just think one more small item would have bumped the value up to the touted "$50" worth of products.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Finally getting to my mystery grab bag Shoptiques box post. 

I got the $35 option with my credit and after shipping it came to around $15. 

I also got Bash & Box jewelry. To be honest I don't remember what I put on my survey.  But they sent me little horseshoe studs and a chevron shape midi ring.

I think these items are adorable.  BUT I don't think they're "worth" $50.  To me they're worth the amount I actually paid for them ($15).  Searching the shoptiques site I found another boutique has similar horseshoe studs for $22 and this style midi ring sells for about $6-15 on Etsy, oh and a candy cane.  I feel it got $35 grab bag with what I feel is product worth around $35, not $50 that they advertised.

I'm not upset, I like these items and I'll probably wear them both, often. I tend to wear studs day to day and maybe the horseshoes will bring me luck.  I've never worn a midi ring so it's a style I'm happy to try, and I love wearing rings.  I just think one more small item would have bumped the value up to the touted "$50" worth of products.

I agree, studs and a ring wouldn't equate to $50 to me either. The candy cane is random too. I'm wondering why I didn't get candy! lol

Quote: Originally Posted by DevinMcWhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow, that is a bold look and very pretty. It gives me an egyptian feel. I especially like the ring. Did you get a candle as well? AND FINALLY,I like your nail color. It's a dark but a bright dark…know what I mean?

Sadly, I didn't get a candle, but then again I only got the $35 grab bag. And thanks for the nail compliment! Dark & shimmery was what I was going for lol And honestly, it was an excuse to use OPI's DS Magic for the first time, but only on the tips. 

Finally getting to my mystery grab bag Shoptiques box post.  I got the $35 option with my credit and after shipping it came to around $15.  I also got Bash & Box jewelry. To be honest I don't remember what I put on my survey.  But they sent me little horseshoe studs and a chevron shape midi ring. I think these items are adorable.  BUT I don't think they're "worth" $50.  To me they're worth the amount I actually paid for them ($15).  Searching the shoptiques site I found another boutique has similar horseshoe studs for $22 and this style midi ring sells for about $6-15 on Etsy, oh and a candy cane.  I feel it got $35 grab bag with what I feel is product worth around $35, not $50 that they advertised. I'm not upset, I like these items and I'll probably wear them both, often. I tend to wear studs day to day and maybe the horseshoes will bring me luck.  I've never worn a midi ring so it's a style I'm happy to try, and I love wearing rings.  I just think one more small item would have bumped the value up to the touted "$50" worth of products.
Although I really liked my box, I agree @ value. I feel like my box was probably worth the $50 it cost, but not the $100 they advertised. Again, I love studs so that's a win to me. I think ur midi ring is very cute and the right polish will make it really pop.

Not the best picture but I got a Trapp candle in vanilla orange and s pair of black panty hose in a cute little plastic bag and an interesting pair of earrings. I'm not sure if the earrings are my taste so if someone is interested let me know. Here's a better pic of the earrings

Quote: Originally Posted by melanie0971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not the best picture but I got a Trapp candle in vanilla orange and s pair of black panty hose in a cute little plastic bag and an interesting pair of earrings.
I'm not sure if the earrings are my taste so if someone is interested let me know. Here's a better pic of the earrings

I like those earrings, especially if they make a little noise when they move. Me @ 31 can't rock those earrings, but me @ 21 would have worn those with my hair up and an off-the-shoulder top or turtle neck. Vanilla Orange sounds delicious! How do you feel about the stockings? Is the bag reusable? Did you mention hosiery in your questionnaire? Sorry for all the questions. LOL

This was the $35 bag. Yeah me at 20 would totally rock those earrings. At 42 I'm hesitant. I have pretty long hair so they blend in a bit but... I don't know. I mentioned I work in a business casual office so I guess hose in December is a good guess. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to hose except my Wantable intimates box so I have a hard time seeing a 50 value to the box but for free I'm ok with it. I might get one more use out of the little bag but it's not that sturdy. The candle is an awesome scent! It's votive size.

So I think the general consensus is that the shoptiques grab bag is fun, but not worth the advertised cost. I would suggest it to someone getting a gift for themselves tho, the packaging felt like a gift and u never know what ur gonna get.

It did feel like a gift. And it was fun. I suppose when you think about how much more things cost in those little boutiques it would cost about 50 bucks. But I don't shop at those so to me it's not that high a value..

I LOVE those Trapp orange vanilla candles. My mom used to always have them around the house when I was little. Now I want one! LOL

Back