(Spoilers) POPSUGAR Must Have April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to buy the perfume and a bracelet in turquoise if anyone has theirs to sell, please PM me. Thanks. 

I received my box on Tuesday. I was so bummed about it that I immediately canceled. Then I got to thinking about how much I really did like some of the past boxes - and imo Popsugar's customer service is superb. Long story short the code TAKE25 still works ($25 off a 6 month membership) and it brings the price down to under $30 a box (I was paying $37 with a monthly charge) so I commited to 6 more months. What can I say...even when I don't totally love the box, I don't think I can give up Popsugar quite yet!

Not sure what all is in the perfume buy my eyes started burning and watering right after i put it on.  I put a tiny dot on each wrist.  Instant headache! it was awful.  Not many perfumes do that to me but this one did.  I hated it.  The bag is huge and more than i can lug around.  my husband called it a body bag.  Chocolate was good and i like the bracelet. no use for blotting tissues.  worst box for me.

Originally Posted by gingerjenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not sure what all is in the perfume buy my eyes started burning and watering right after i put it on.  I put a tiny dot on each wrist.  Instant headache! it was awful.  Not many perfumes do that to me but this one did.  I hated it.  The bag is huge and more than i can lug around.  my husband called it a body bag.  Chocolate was good and i like the bracelet. no use for blotting tissues.  worst box for me.
Same exact experience here. MAJOR headache from the perfume. I hate how floral it is and it's far too strong for my tastes. Not sure what to do with it now unfortunately. I also rarely have bad reactions to fragrances. I also called the garment bag a 'body bag' when I first got it. I was hoping to use it as an overnight bag but it's SO HUGE. No way is that happening.

Anyone who tried the perfume and didn't like it, i would like to try it. PM me and we can work out a trade or I can buy. Also interested in bracelet in turquoise. PM please.

Originally Posted by OpheliaDiFranco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm literally tring to think of even ONE thing I have USED...There are some things that I LIKED:

November---The stylemint code was probably the best thing in the past six months, but sadly I don't really care for anything on any of the mints...not my style I guess...The shirt I bought is still in the box...

The wrap bracelet was pretty, but I don't wear gold...

December--Looking back, this wasn't a bad month...I ended up loving the mugs-although they are too fancy...The tea is SOOO pretty, but I'm not much of a tea drinker....The emergency kit is cute, but again, not something I would really use

January-Nothing to speak of that I loved in this box...The watch was kinda cool...For my 9-year-old

February---Ahhhh the box I'm sure they regret sending...LOL I actually really like the wrap.  It is sooooo Soft.But...Its still in the box

March- In my opinion, this is the worst bax out of the past six months...Hated the necklace--not even because it was gold...It just looks tacky...I would have been stoked if we got the infinity bracelet...The best part of the box was the Mascara, but I have a million mascaras...So I returned it to Sephora and got something I really wanted (I know, it was wrong of me, but I couldn't help it)

April- The bracelet would have been cute IF....IT wasn't gold!!!  What is with all this GOLD jewelry!??!?!?!?  I like the oil, but totally not for that price...Plus I have like 50 perfumes and really don't wear anything beside Chanel Mademoiselle...So Again, this will sit in the box...

And sadly, out of all these boxes, there is nothing even so spectacular that I could trade it or sell it for really anything on EBay...I sold the Hanky Pankys on Ebay for $12....That's as good as it gets....So Sorry PopSugar...I tried my little heart out and I really wanted to love you after September's box I was sure I would, but it didn't work out.  It's not you, Its me;-)
Ugh, I have only had this subscription starting with the February box. I had heard so many great things about this box, so I justified spending the money on it. Honestly, I have given almost all what I received away. I don't have time to sell stuff on ebay right now, I don't need more work from a subscription box, I have enough on my plate as it is. This was supposed to be for fun and be enjoyable, so far it hasn't been that great. Not bad stuff, just nothing that suited me very much. I think the bracelet we got this month will be the only thing other than the chocolate bar I will enjoy (although I sadly didn't even get one of the cutest bracelets). I was on the fence about this box and I still am. I keep saying, one more month, but I swear next month has to really impress me. I just can't justifying spending money for things I wouldn't even buy for myself!

The bracelet we got this month will be the only thing other than teh chocoate bar I will enjoy (although I sadly didn't even get one of the cutest bracelets).
What bracelet are you talking about? The gray one? I got that one and love it. It goes really well with any of my other brightly colored bracelets or with a bright shirt. I love that it really can't clash with anything. So glad they sent out gray ones too! I'm hoping for silver one day, but gold is in and in this bracelet it's muted compared to the tassel necklace. A win for me. Really pleased about the early shipping again this month. I hope they keep it up!

I wore the bracelet and the necklace from last month shopping on Friday night then I wore the perfume to a wedding last night. I definitely find myself using more of the items from the recent boxes. I've liked all of them since I subscribed in October, but a lot of the older stuff has sat in the box.

One thing I don't like is all of the dark chocolate. I know it's supposed to be "healthier" but geeze! It seems like every subscription box sends it though. At least my husband enjoys it!

Thank you for that update.  I emailed them right away about my kinked bracelet and have not heard back.  It looks like I will have to make a second attempt.  I would think customer service would be a priority after six months o

f membership and three months of questionable content.

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh, I have only had this subscription starting with the February box. I had heard so many great things about this box, so I justified spending the money on it. Honestly, I have given almost all what I received away. I don't have time to sell stuff on ebay right now, I don't need more work from a subscription box, I have enough on my plate as it is. This was supposed to be for fun and be enjoyable, so far it hasn't been that great. Not bad stuff, just nothing that suited me very much. I think the bracelet we got this month will be the only thing other than the chocolate bar I will enjoy (although I sadly didn't even get one of the cutest bracelets). I was on the fence about this box and I still am. I keep saying, one more month, but I swear next month has to really impress me. I just can't justifying spending money for things I wouldn't even buy for myself!
I find eBay a whole lot easier than setting up a trade list and trying to go back and forth with figuring out what equates for a trade.  At least with eBay I get cash (which in my mind off sets the cost of the box), instead of more stuff. 

Any way, I think any sub box will add to "time spent" on a box because more stuff = more time, to me anyway.  It might be time using the item, storing it, gifting it or selling it on eBay, I think everyone has a lot on their plates, we're all busy, probably why we like the idea of sub boxes mailed to us for fun.  I kind of expect to not like every single item in the PS boxes, though.  Helps lessen any disappointment, but also helps to keep in mind a time frame for when I will cut a sub box (I'm about to do that with two of my subs, already cut another two earlier this year) if you feel you are not getting enough value.

You just have to straighten the bracelet out. Mine was like that too. Straighten it out and then wear it and it will form to your wrist.

I gave it a try and there is a bead totally bent/twisted upside down.  It looks like my arm was slammed in a door! There is no possible way this can or will straighten out and look normal.  I will not wear it like this.

PS has good CS but they can take about a week.  Lots of people had that issue when they were emailing about the robes and thongs that didn't fit but they did receive responses eventually.  I seem to remember your first post on this being on maybe Thursday the earliest? I suggest giving them a bit more time- and trying again to fix the bracelet. I know it's really a pain it came like that but I am gathering that MANY peoples came with the same issue and they did manage to fix it with some time and patience.  Maybe yours really is damaged beyond repair but giving it another try never hurt.

Originally Posted by gejag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for that update.  I emailed them right away about my kinked bracelet and have not heard back.  It looks like I will have to make a second attempt.  I would think customer service would be a priority after six months o

f membership and three months of questionable content.

Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

PS has good CS but they can take about a week.  Lots of people had that issue when they were emailing about the robes and thongs that didn't fit but they did receive responses eventually.  I seem to remember your first post on this being on maybe Thursday the earliest? I suggest giving them a bit more time- and trying again to fix the bracelet. I know it's really a pain it came like that but I am gathering that MANY peoples came with the same issue and they did manage to fix it with some time and patience.  Maybe yours really is damaged beyond repair but giving it another try never hurt.
Lol. it's nice to think positively!  I don't think it would matter so much if after I ate the chocolate, the bracelet is only other thing I really kind of liked!

My bracelet has kinks in it also, and I cannot get it to straighten out.  The bracelet is just woven way too tight, so when I push one bead into place, another one pops out.  It's not a terribly huge deal to me, but I'm a tad OCD, so it bothers me when I start thinking about it.  I'm wondering if all the bracelets made by Shashi are like this?  I hate to even think this, but do you think that we got sent these bracelets because they are a tad deffective?  I would hope that Popsugar wouldn't do that to us, but I cannot believe that Shashi could sell bracelets with kinks in them!

Originally Posted by hlwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My bracelet has kinks in it also, and I cannot get it to straighten out.  The bracelet is just woven way too tight, so when I push one bead into place, another one pops out.  It's not a terribly huge deal to me, but I'm a tad OCD, so it bothers me when I start thinking about it.  I'm wondering if all the bracelets made by Shashi are like this?  I hate to even think this, but do you think that we got sent these bracelets because they are a tad deffective?  I would hope that Popsugar wouldn't do that to us, but I cannot believe that Shashi could sell bracelets with kinks in them!
Thanks for writing!  I knew I wasn't being anal ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It is just plain out of whack...I am pretty resourceful and can fix a lot of things, but this is just not fixable :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find eBay a whole lot easier than setting up a trade list and trying to go back and forth with figuring out what equates for a trade.  At least with eBay I get cash (which in my mind off sets the cost of the box), instead of more stuff. 

Any way, I think any sub box will add to "time spent" on a box because more stuff = more time, to me anyway.  It might be time using the item, storing it, gifting it or selling it on eBay, I think everyone has a lot on their plates, we're all busy, probably why we like the idea of sub boxes mailed to us for fun.  I kind of expect to not like every single item in the PS boxes, though.  Helps lessen any disappointment, but also helps to keep in mind a time frame for when I will cut a sub box (I'm about to do that with two of my subs, already cut another two earlier this year) if you feel you are not getting enough value.
Yes, I would think ebay would be a good answer. I do end up just giving stuff away though, because it is easy and I don't want to feel bad about spending the money and having it just sit around collecting dust. I  don't mean to be a negative Nelly, I just guess I expected to like more of the items in PS, because I heard such great things about it. I really don't expect to like everything, I guess I have just been surprised at just how much I haven't found much use for. I am totally willing to keep my subscription and see if I the following month or two are a good fit for me. I can't expect that just because PS is a great sub for some that it will be for me, I think that is where I had perhaps made an assumption. Maybe the last 3 months have just been "off" for me, I guess I will see.

Originally Posted by hlwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would like to think this would not pass their quality control,but what really seems to be the consensus of all who have looked at it is the thread is pulled too tight in the making of it, which pushed a "bead" out of line.  There is nothing you can do to make room where there is none ;(    

Hey ladies! If you spend some time playing with your bracelet (popping out various beads and gently tugging) you can get it to loosen up a bit. I was stuck in 8 hours of hearings yesterday so I used my time wisely, haha.

Back