(Spoilers) POPSUGAR Must Have April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by gejag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would like to think this would not pass their quality control,but what really seems to be the consensus of all who have looked at it is the thread is pulled too tight in the making of it, which pushed a "bead" out of line.  There is nothing you can do to make room where there is none ;(    
Exactly.  In my opinion, the bracelet insn't fixable.  So that's why I'm wondering if Shashi accidentally made a few batches of "too tight" bracelets, which got shipped to Popsugar, which got shipped to us.  Shashi can't be making as much money selling to Popsugar as they would be selling to individual customers for $28 a pop.  So their rational is "Well, we aren't going to be as profitable off of this Popsugar order, so let's send them the batches that we messed up." 

If I would have ordered this bracelet directly from Shashi, there is no way I would keep it; I would have returned it immediately.  However, we aren't really in the position of returning these bracelets in this situation.  Shashi knows this - so maybe they sent out these bracelets as a way to get them off their hands while having to deal with little to no complaints/returns.

I'm not saying this is what really happened.  Maybe all Shashi bracelets come like this?  I'm just simply thinking out loud.  And I'm continuing to wear my bracelet everyday despite the kinks because I love it that much!

Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey ladies! If you spend some time playing with your bracelet (popping out various beads and gently tugging) you can get it to loosen up a bit. I was stuck in 8 hours of hearings yesterday so I used my time wisely, haha.
Agreed mine it better every time I wear it.  

I'm guessing Sashi actually makes a lot of money off popsugar. Individual customers at $30 a pop or thousands and thousands at $10 a pop. They might not keep the profit margin per bracelet, but overall the volume would be huge. And it isn't in their interest to send bad batches. Yes it could be true, but this is a really nice way to expose us to the company for more business. Like hanky panky. They included a discount code as well, but many liked it enough to order more. Maybe one person should contact sashi and inquire about it or just suggest they weave it a bit looser? They could even have had experience with the bracelets stretching and settling so they start them tight. Or the machine is just overdoing it.

If you wear it, it will loosen up! That's probably why they were made so tight so that when they were broken in, they wouldn't be too big. Conspiracy theories are much more fun though, I suppose.

Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing Sashi actually makes a lot of money off popsugar. Individual customers at $30 a pop or thousands and thousands at $10 a pop. They might not keep the profit margin per bracelet, but overall the volume would be huge.

And it isn't in their interest to send bad batches. Yes it could be true, but this is a really nice way to expose us to the company for more business. Like hanky panky. They included a discount code as well, but many liked it enough to order more.

Maybe one person should contact sashi and inquire about it or just suggest they weave it a bit looser? They could even have had experience with the bracelets stretching and settling so they start them tight. Or the machine is just overdoing it.
I actually think they make $0 initially off PS.  I think they gae them the batches for free or at cost or below cost (but quite possibly free) to drum up good word of mouth and hopefully repeat business.

Which is why I totally agree with your second point- it is against their interest to send bad batches, and I am sure they know that and therefore I highly doubt they'd do it on purpose. The whole reason they gave the bracelets to PS was they are hoping we'll love them and buy more.

Originally Posted by hlwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My bracelet has kinks in it also, and I cannot get it to straighten out.  The bracelet is just woven way too tight, so when I push one bead into place, another one pops out.  It's not a terribly huge deal to me, but I'm a tad OCD, so it bothers me when I start thinking about it.  I'm wondering if all the bracelets made by Shashi are like this?  I hate to even think this, but do you think that we got sent these bracelets because they are a tad deffective?  I would hope that Popsugar wouldn't do that to us, but I cannot believe that Shashi could sell bracelets with kinks in them!

Yikes. That would bother me too. I think they may have sent them out without giving that particular issue much thought at all. 

Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually think they make $0 initially off PS.  I think they gae them the batches for free or at cost or below cost (but quite possibly free) to drum up good word of mouth and hopefully repeat business.

Which is why I totally agree with your second point- it is against their interest to send bad batches, and I am sure they know that and therefore I highly doubt they'd do it on purpose. The whole reason they gave the bracelets to PS was they are hoping we'll love them and buy more.
Free? Whaat?  I had no idea.  That's a pretty risky investment by Shashi, but it definitely makes sense.  Honestly, even with the kinks, I've considered purchasing another bracelet.  I think they are super cute.  But anyways, again, I'm not saying that Shashi/Popsugar tried to cheat us because I definitely agree that they want to make repeat customers out of us.  It was just a thought, and like someone mentioned above, conspiracy theories are always fun!!

Sometimes I get the feeling that PS sends us overstocks, stuff that didn't sell etc. I especially felt that with the "luxury" PS edition last Dec., that had some really ugly Jewelmint "purses". But maybe that's just me
icon_razz.gif
 I did really like the Shashi bracelet worn together with last November's cute leather wrap bracelet.

If you are still having trouble with your bracelet, try wetting it. That should loosen it up.

I just opened my box (I was out of town), and I like the contents. I've been wanting to try the blotting papers to see if "fancy" blotters actually work better than the cheap ones. I wanted to love the perfume, but one use and I think I'm allergic - sneeze city! That garmet bag is not a duffle bag, it's a body bag. Seriously, c'mon! I'll use it as a garmet bag but could've done without the ginormous, gaudy PS logo on the front. My bracelet is grey & I love it. It initially looked like it had kinks when I took it out of the box, but once I put it on they went away. It fits like a charm. Overall, I'm happy, just wish I could use the fancy perfume, it smells lovely.

I didn't know what I was going to do with the Garmento Bag but I can happily say I used it!! I needed to wash my king size comforter- it's too big for my washer/dryer so I had to go to the laundromat. The Garmento bag was perfect to transport it!!

I'm still curious about the perfume- I cancelled this month. Resubbed for May. Do they sell at sephora or anywhere that I can try it? I live in nyc...

I'm still curious about the perfume- I cancelled this month. Resubbed for May. Do they sell at sephora or anywhere that I can try it? I live in nyc...
They sell it at Nordstroms, not sure if it's available in stores but it is in stock online. Also I know there are plenty of people on here (including myself) who would trade/sell for less than the $48 price tag.

Thanks. I'd like to try it once before spending much on it. Seems some find they are allergic to it. I would be open to buying an open one. I guess I will see if I can source it locally and if I like it then can look on here.

Thanks. I'd like to try it once before spending much on it. Seems some find they are allergic to it. I would be open to buying an open one. I guess I will see if I can source it locally and if I like it then can look on here.
I hope you find it and like it. I'm not a perfume person and I have loved it. Wearing it almost every day since it came in my box. I think the difference for me has been it being an oil with a little roll on ball instead of a spray in early am. I'm not so overwhelmed with it on walking out the door.

I also had issues with the bracelet as well being disappointed with the box all together. Here is my email I sent followed by their response; I wanted to let you know that the April box was a disappointment. I received a bracelet that was so mis-shaped. I went online and found that I was clearly not the only one that received a bad bracelet nor was the only one who was incredibly disappointed with April's box. The garment bag is useless as well. While online I looked for tips on how to fix the kinks in the bracelet and of course while trying to fix it I noticed that the string was close to breaking around the bead so I can't even wear it as it is on the verge if breaking. I opted not to get the summer luxury box due to the problems with the December luxury box. The regular box subscriptions have been hit or miss since the November box. I have subscribed since the very beginning and only missed the October box because I accidently canceled. After thinking long and hard about continuing my subscription I have decided that the May box will be the make it or break it box. I can't see spending $35 each month to get defective products or products I would never use. I have yet to receive a piece of jewelry that there wasn't some sort of problem. You have an abundance of unhappy subscribers out there. I think someone should read all the complaints that are all over the internet. Perhaps then take a look at what you are sending and truly create a MUST HAVE subscription. Because right now it is a WISH IT WAS A BETTER subscription. Their response: Hi, Thank you for your email and we would like to sincerely apologize that you were not thrilled with your April box. We always aim to provide fun items for our customers, but we always take the feedback we receive and pass it along to our entire team in hopes of improving our product. We would also like to apologize that your Shashi bracelet is broken! While all of the bracelets have a stiff, almost rigid feel to them many customers were able to loosen it up by either moving the beads around or getting it wet and stretching it a bit. We will go ahead and send you a replacement shortly and we do hope you enjoy it! Can you please pass along your full name, the email address you subscribed with, and your shipping address? Once we have this information we will go ahead and send your replacement bracelet off. We have definitely been working hard on the May boxes and beyond to ensure that they are fun treats for our customers and we hope you enjoy it! Best, POPSUGAR Support

Hi There:

Would you be willing to sell the perfume or is there something we could trade?  I love the perfume. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Laura

Originally Posted by sj52000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just opened my box (I was out of town), and I like the contents. I've been wanting to try the blotting papers to see if "fancy" blotters actually work better than the cheap ones. I wanted to love the perfume, but one use and I think I'm allergic - sneeze city! That garmet bag is not a duffle bag, it's a body bag. Seriously, c'mon! I'll use it as a garmet bag but could've done without the ginormous, gaudy PS logo on the front. My bracelet is grey & I love it. It initially looked like it had kinks when I took it out of the box, but once I put it on they went away. It fits like a charm. Overall, I'm happy, just wish I could use the fancy perfume, it smells lovely.
Would you be willing to sell the perfume or trade for something? I love the perfume and would like to get another one. Thanks

Back