(Spoilers) POPSUGAR Must Have: Summer Fun Edition

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received the silver water bottle and the candle in Lilac.  I love Lilac, I am happy with this Luxury box. I did not like the December at all.  Those metal purses meh. I am still on the fence whether I continue on the monthly sub. I think I am going to give until July. That will be a year.  I do like that Birchbox is coming out with specialty boxes. I purchased the last one and it was really nice.

They could put $50 cash in there and people would complain about the combination of bills they got!
Hahahahaha yes!! I can just see it now "I am so disappointed with PS this month!! These $5 bills take up sooo much space. They should have done a $50 bill!!!" Hahahahaha I LOVED my box this month. Loved it!

I loved this box! I got the lynn fog sunglasses, anyone want to trade? I would love the aviators!

I would love to trade. Mine are the Tilda in gold. I know I haven't been on the board long but I am willing to ship to you first, so you know they are coming.

I'm new to the group, but found you guys when doing research on Pop sugar. I was looking to buy a new pair of sunglasses when the spoiler for the Summer box was announced, so I took the leap and purchased this box. Here are my variations and thoughts:

I received the Lynn Fog sunglasses, which I was hoping for these or the Jordana's. I think the Jordana's would fit me better, so I may buy those anyway, since I have a thing for sunglasses. 

I got the Jasmine candle, which ironically smells like fresh Gardenia and is my all time favorite scent! A friend has a Gardenia bush and will give us bowls full of Gardenia's when they are in season and OMG they are so fragrant and have a floral but creamy smell. I could never wear this scent, so I love when candles get it right.

The blue swell. I was hoping for a more girly color so my Hubby doesn't steal it, but I am quite happy with it. I never heard of them before this box, but if it holds up well, I will be replacing everyone's Sigg bottles with these since our Siggs are all at least 4 or 5 years old and beyond dented and paint peeling at this point. I like the concept that the water will stay cold in these and have high hopes. 

So based on these three items alone, I am satisfied with the box. I am not a fan personally of the Starbucks Via, but my daughter loves them and it is something I buy her occasionally, so she'll be happy to see these when she gets home.

The Vita Bath seems like an odd fit for this box in some ways, but really I do step up my exfoliating during the summer months, so it will be used. Nothing exciting though.

Almost forgot about the Sarong and Truffle bag! I actually threw the box in with my gift boxes that I can reuse and realized I didn't even look for these! I wonder how many people who don't know about you guys, throw the box away with these items still in it?

My thoughts on the sarong are meh. I live near the beach and don't use a sarong. I do occasionally if I am sitting by a pool or on vacation though. But this one is made of some shiny material and is 100% polyester. So if it were to get wet, it would be rather uncomfortable and seems like it would take a long time to dry. Not the best material wise for a sarong. It already has some fraying too. Not the quality I would expect considering that Sachin & Babi items are expensive. 

I was not looking forward to this pouch at all! But I have to say, I LOVE this item! It is pretty big, not the size of a pencil pouch at all! I layed it over a magazine for reference. I love that I can throw my keys, phone, wallet and other misc items in here and then throw it in my beach bag or gym bag (Neither of which has a separate pouch or pocket inside). I know that maybe most won't like this item, but for me it's a win. Would I buy it for $38? Nope! I'm still confused on why this is so expensive! If it were $10 or $15 I would totally buy a few, add some misc beach or beauty items and give them to friends as gifts. I think the function is great, would like to see a more high end design to go with the price point. So even though the cost of this is a bit disappointing, i'm glad it was included in this box.

Overall I'm happy with this box and would buy it again. 

I received my box yesterday! Info below :)  I do love this sub. Probably my favorite 
biggrin.gif

My box included: 
House of Harlow 1960 sunglasses in Tilda Gunmetal: I love sunglasses. I was excited for these no matter the season. However I cannot wear aviators. They just don't look good on me. So these are a lovely gift to my aviator loving daughter. :) 

Henri Bendel Scented Candle in Wild Roseberry - I love this. Smells slightly fruity. 

The blue Swell bottle - Yay! I didn't care what color but this is lovely. I love water bottles and this one has the bonus of being BPA free and partnered w/WaterAid
  The Starbucks Via Refreshers that I have are Very Berry Hibiscus. Not really my thing but I am going to try them - might surprise me!  
Am I happy about this box? Yes! Glad that I ordered. Slight disappointment that I didn't get the sunglasses that my little heart desired however that's how it goes with sub boxes sometimes!

Would anyone who received the Lindsey sunglasses want to trade for my Lynn Fog aviators?

I also have the Lynn Fog aviators and would like to trade for the Lindsey sunglasses if anyone wants to.

To add to the sunglasses discussion, I have Lynn Fog (Grey) and would love any shade of Tilda.

I got the pink S'Well...anyone want to swap for the silver? And I'm totally not crazy about the glasses...but after seeing what everyone else got, I'm not crazy about any of them. I wish they had given us a coupon for a pair from HOH, because there are a few on their website I was hoping for...Oh well, I love the candle! (Roseberry)

Welp, my box arrived. And so did disappointment. Silver S'well, I really wanted any color BUT silver. HOH Tilda aviators in gunmetal. They're actually really nice, for aviators, which I hate. Candle in lilac. Was hoping for Roseberry. Oh well!

Also, I have no problem with the sarong and I'm no small girl. I can't do it tied around the neck, but tied around the waist/hips or like a tube dress it's fine. 

Hi. I received the Tilda in Gunmetal. I actually quite like them, but they are way too big for my face. If you're still interested in a swap let me know.

I got the Tilda HOH glasses in gold if anyone is interested in a swap or to buy. 

I am not too keen on the wrap either so it is up for grabs. Loved everything else!

I got the Tilda Sunglasses and would love the Lynn....I don't mind the Tilda just was a little more excited about the Lynn. I'm actually quite happy with everything else, would maybe have enjoyed a more "daring" candle scent, I got Vanilla Bean

I just got my box today.  My variations were:

Lynn Fog Sunglasses: I like aviators but I usually prefer them simpler.  But they are growing on me.

Swell bottle in blue:  It's funny but I think this is my favorite part of the box.  It's a nice color and it seems like good quality

Candle in Violet:  I love this scent, I'm glad to get it.  Only issue was that the candle was a bit melted but I guess that's a downside of getting packages in the summer in Florida.

The one thing I was surprisingly disappointed with was the sarong.  I was pretty excited for this since I don't have any beach cover ups but the fabric seems completely wrong for the beach/pool.  It's polyestery and not absorbent at all and I have the loose threads someone mentioned earlier.  Doesn't seem suited for it's intended purpose.  It is a nice print though.

I got the Tilda Sunglasses and would love the Lynn....I don't mind the Tilda just was a little more excited about the Lynn. I'm actually quite happy with everything else, would maybe have enjoyed a more "daring" candle scent, I got Vanilla Bean
I actually thought the vanilla candle was a very interesting variation on vanilla! Take it out of the box if you haven't yet. I was pleasantly surprised.

I actually thought the vanilla candle was a very interesting variation on vanilla! Take it out of the box if you haven't yet. I was pleasantly surprised.
I'll try it :) I love vanilla but I feel like I have a ton of it. I was thinking of gifting it to my roommate as part of her bday gift....so I could still enjoy it ☺

Back