(Spoilers) POPSUGAR Must Have: Summer Fun Edition

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box yesterday, and I was really happy! It's funny - when I saw the spoilers, I was initially disappointed. The box felt like it could have used another item or two. But when I opened it, I was so excited, and everything in the box was so nice!
I got the sunglasses in Tilda (gold), the water bottle in blue, and the candle in fig. I'm happy with all of them. The fig scent is very unique, and the aviators are so cute. I don't think I would have been brave enough to buy them myself, but I wore them to work today, and I felt super chic - I love them! The sarong print is gorgeous. I would agree, though, that the fabric is quite odd for beachwear, but adorable, nonetheless. The pouch will be interesting to find a use for, but it is great quality. I'm excited to try the Starbucks - I love crystal light, so this will definitely get tossed in my purse for on the go! This box actually reminded me of why I love PopSugar. It's not just about the surprises (which are awesome), but it's about discovering new brands I would never buy on my own. I would not have bought the sunglasses on my own, but I adore them. I would not have bought the sarong, but it's gorgeous. Definitely a great box for me.

I have the Lynn Fog glasses and I would love to trade for any variation of gold.

I also have the teal Swell and would love to trade for Pink or Silver.

PM me if anyone is interested in trading.

I also got the Silver Lynn Fog's and would love to trade for a gold pair of sunglasses if anyone is interested! 

I was pretty thrilled with this box.

Swell bottle - I was really really hoping for a bright color as I love colorful/neon things but of course I got this one in plain silver. Oh well.

HoH in Tilda Gunmetal - So excited! I've been planning on buying aviators for months now but now I don't have to shop for one! I can't tell if these look good on my face or not, lol, because they block out the light pretty well. Wish I got the gold though! (By the way, trying on these shades made me realize that my nose is slightly uneven. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Truffle bag - It's waay too big...how am I supposed to transfer this from bag to bag, unless all my bags are duffle-sized or something?

Candle in Lilac - It smells lovely but I don't use candles. Will probably gift to someone.

Sarong - Haven't tried it yet.

Starbucks Refreshers - Woohoo! I'm pretty addicted to these drinks. Now I don't have to go out and buy them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Vitabath Body scrub - smells wonderful but I'll probably use it up in less than a month, since it dissolves so fast on the skin. I squeezed out a large amount and was only able to finish scrubbing my arms.
I only wish they could have included one makeup item in the box! Maybe a nice orange gel blush or a tinted lip balm. It's still a wonderful box though, I really like their selections.

I usually use sugar scrubs on dry skin before showering, that way it doesn't rinse/dissolve away. It is a lot harsher that way, more like sandpaper but it works really well. 

I got the Tilda sunglasses in gold and would love to trade for Lynn Fog let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!

Originally Posted by kath86leen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the Tilda sunglasses in gold and would love to trade for Lynn Fog let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!
I PMed you if the offer's still open. =)

the swell bottle is awesome.it really works!it's gonna be sooo nice when it gets hot hot in the summer. i would never in a million years buy a 30 dollar water bottle.i think it's one of my all time favorite must have items.

Looking to trade my HoH sunnies for a different style. I received the gold aviators (not sure what the style name is) and they are very cute, but I recently purchased a pair of gold RayBan aviators that are way too similar. Pretty much any other style will do. Let me know!

Ok, I need to rant for a second and can't do it on the May thread since I'm going spoiler free and I don't get my box until tomorrow. So I was at work on HoH website and coworker asked what I was doing, in a friendly way. I told him of course I was stalking for which glasses everyone was getting in box since mine hadn't come yet. To which he rolls his eyes laughs and starts to walk away. As he was walking away he realized he needed a cool gift for mothers day for his wife and asked me to email him the info, lol. The next day he mentions he bought 3 months and I'm in the dog house if wife doesn't like but good news is he has set the bar with past gifts pretty low. But he did say, sorry I think you could have gotten a referral if I did it right but I don't think I did. I said no worries, in 10 months I've only earned one other referral and it isn't like I'm a referral queen out there. I didn't even care. As we are having this convo another coworker asks what we were talking about and immedietly ordered the box for herself. So I got an email right away and it said I did earn a free box. Yeah me! So I thought since he just did it the night before and it was fresh in my mind I thought just to send back a quick email saying, hey another friend ordered last night and didn't use my link, gave his name and state figuring that should be easy enough to find. So they responded back basically, no prob at all just give us his email he signed up with. Leading me to believe it was an easy task. I asked him, feeling slightly awkward but he didn't seem to care but couldn't remeber if it was his or his wifes so he gave me both, to which I forwarded to popsugar, again thinking it was pulling up the acct info for them. So, tonight they sent me an email saying no prob we sent him an email confirming your referral and if we hear back from him we will fix it. Am I wrong to be embarrased here? I think they should have said that from the begining. I don't know his wife, don't know if he told her I suggested. I gave them his and her emails just thinking it was to find the acct on their system and they knew it was a coworkers mothers day gift for his wife. I don't earn a free box since it is referral 3, just added to acct. I am so embarressed to go to work tomorrow. if they had said in the first email to me, we need his email to confirm with him to give you a referral credit I would have said never mind. We are buisness professionals earning a decent salary not to need popsugar referral credits and feel stupid now over this. I thought coming here to rant would make me feel better and I think I am more pissed now than when I started typing. Am I wrong they should have told me in giving them his emails they would actually be contacting him?

Originally Posted by numbersmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I need to rant for a second and can't do it on the May thread since I'm going spoiler free and I don't get my box until tomorrow.

So I was at work on HoH website and coworker asked what I was doing, in a friendly way. I told him of course I was stalking for which glasses everyone was getting in box since mine hadn't come yet. To which he rolls his eyes laughs and starts to walk away. As he was walking away he realized he needed a cool gift for mothers day for his wife and asked me to email him the info, lol.

The next day he mentions he bought 3 months and I'm in the dog house if wife doesn't like but good news is he has set the bar with past gifts pretty low. But he did say, sorry I think you could have gotten a referral if I did it right but I don't think I did. I said no worries, in 10 months I've only earned one other referral and it isn't like I'm a referral queen out there. I didn't even care. As we are having this convo another coworker asks what we were talking about and immedietly ordered the box for herself. So I got an email right away and it said I did earn a free box. Yeah me! So I thought since he just did it the night before and it was fresh in my mind I thought just to send back a quick email saying, hey another friend ordered last night and didn't use my link, gave his name and state figuring that should be easy enough to find. So they responded back basically, no prob at all just give us his email he signed up with. Leading me to believe it was an easy task. I asked him, feeling slightly awkward but he didn't seem to care but couldn't remeber if it was his or his wifes so he gave me both, to which I forwarded to popsugar, again thinking it was pulling up the acct info for them.

So, tonight they sent me an email saying no prob we sent him an email confirming your referral and if we hear back from him we will fix it.

Am I wrong to be embarrased here? I think they should have said that from the begining. I don't know his wife, don't know if he told her I suggested. I gave them his and her emails just thinking it was to find the acct on their system and they knew it was a coworkers mothers day gift for his wife. I don't earn a free box since it is referral 3, just added to acct. I am so embarressed to go to work tomorrow. if they had said in the first email to me, we need his email to confirm with him to give you a referral credit I would have said never mind. We are buisness professionals earning a decent salary not to need popsugar referral credits and feel stupid now over this.

I thought coming here to rant would make me feel better and I think I am more pissed now than when I started typing.

Am I wrong they should have told me in giving them his emails they would actually be contacting him?
I'm sure he used his email on the account and I bet that they only used the email he signed up with to contact him. If he used his wife's then she already got a confirmation of the order so I wouldn't sweat it. It'll be ok.

Sorry, but I think it's perfectly reasonable for them to contact him to confirm. It is a little awkward if they emailed the wife and you don't really know her, but that's their right to make sure no one is scamming the system.

It's one of those things where I think it's a bigger deal to you than to the couple. If I hot am email from them, I wouldn't think twice about it- no biggie!! No need to be embarrassed!!

Posts moved from the S&S group. Please note that due to the was group are set up by Huddler the poll that was part of the original thread may not have moved and as such has been automatically deleted by the Huddler system in the move process. I apologize about that.

Now that the NFL has banned bags, purses, diaper bags, backpacks, & fanny packs in stadiums, our Truffle Clear Pouch will come very in handy.

Back