[SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE...to be a fairy 
icon_salut.gif
smilehappyyes.gif

I am SO excited for this, especially since we are getting more time to stalk & shop. Christmas always feels rushed to me so Christmas in July just makes me happy! I think we need a "queen of the fairies" volunteer to compile a list of all those willing to be fairies & make that list readily available once shipping has started so we know where to go when we need a fairy. We also need a "question queen" who can put together a large survey that everyone should fill out before we get assigned our Santee's! Those surveys helped SO much during secret Santa for me. I think everyone should be required to fill out the survey in order to sign up! If someone does the surveys, we should be able to submit things we'd like to see on the survey to her via PM & it will help her put it all together. For example, I like to know what TV/movie/etc my Santee likes (aka Disney or Doctor Who) because it takes my stalking levels up a few notches & makes shopping oh so much fun! Those are some of my ideas at least! I'm getting super excited!!!!!

I actually have Pixie Dust. It was the September GDE OTM! As far as a fairy wrangler, that was the idea behind the fairy lounge: That would actually effectively be the fairy list, so if someone needed one, they could just go in and pick anyone there. I would be happy to be a question wrangler and survey coordinator! I do agree that we need one big survey to go out *before* assignments go out because the Q&A stuff just got way out of control, but I think the brainstorming is something else that needs a separate thread.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually have Pixie Dust. It was the September GDE OTM! As far as a fairy wrangler, that was the idea behind the fairy lounge: That would actually effectively be the fairy list, so if someone needed one, they could just go in and pick anyone there.

I would be happy to be a question wrangler and survey coordinator! I do agree that we need one big survey to go out *before* assignments go out because the Q&A stuff just got way out of control, but I think the brainstorming is something else that needs a separate thread.
That is a great idea!  I can't wait to see what questions we have this time!

I will be happy to do any extra work that needs to be done to get this up and moving and running smoothly! I can't wait to hang out with all of you again!

I can put together a Fairy Central Casting list tonight, and if anyone wants to PM (to keep this thread from getting overwhelmed) survey questions to me, I can work on whipping a preliminary draft of the survey as well. (I'm in a stressed-out mood this week/month due to understaffing at work, and going all I WILL ORGANIZE THIS on things like this in my at-home time actually helps calm me down, in case anyone was wondering why I've gone all gung ho bossy older sister here. It's cheaper and easier on my body than drinking!) ETA: slinka posted while I was working on my post! Silly iPhones and those job things making typing time-consuming!

Haha now how did y'all know A Midsummer Night's Dream is my Most Favorite thing ever? You are my fairies!!! Meaganola is now Titania, Queen of the Fairies, and everyone else can feel free to pick fairy names for yourselves over in the Casting Call thread! Thanks so much for the help everyone. I appreciate it more than you know! Oh one more request, when the Casting Call thread does up, can the thread starter post the link in here? Thank you lovely fairies!

Here we go:  https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/142284/midsummer-swap-2014-fairy-central-casting-call-and-lounge

And I finally got Open Office installed on my new laptop, so I no longer have to go back and forth between a snazzy new reliable machine with non-crashy browsers and the cranky machine with spreadsheet and word processing programs, so after I take a nice, hot shower and get the dinner situation sorted out, I will work on going through the lists of questions from SeSa to try to see what we had there.  Should we do a separate thread for survey brainstorming as well?

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Here we go:  https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/142284/midsummer-swap-2014-fairy-central-casting-call-and-lounge

And I finally got Open Office installed on my new laptop, so I no longer have to go back and forth between a snazzy new reliable machine with non-crashy browsers and the cranky machine with spreadsheet and word processing programs, so after I take a nice, hot shower and get the dinner situation sorted out, I will work on going through the lists of questions from SeSa to try to see what we had there.  Should we do a separate thread for survey brainstorming as well?
Yes!  I was envisioning a seperate thread where people can post questions, people can like them or there can be one final post with a round up of questions.

Guess it will be kind of hard to manage though if each post is a question and once it gets to mutiple pages.

Sorry I am all out of good ideas lately.

I think we should have a thread with just the questions in the first post and then everybody answers one set of questions.

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think we should have a thread with just the questions in the first post and then everybody answers one set of questions.
In other swaps of this nature that I have done on another board, the survey is part of what you send with your signup, so the survey responses don't get posted in public but rather sent only o the swap organizer and then to the sender.  If you have additional responses or things to say, you could create a swap list for your sender to check out like we did for Secret Santa, whether a list or a freeform post, but either way, specifically not part of the thread.  It was a nightmare to try to comb through the discussion thread for SeSa trying to find relevant posts, and a lot of people didn't even fill out survey questions in the thread because it was just too overwhelming to deal with, which made it really hard to shop for people.  At least that's what I thought we were trying to accomplish with getting the survey squared away ahead of time.

I wasn't In the Dec Secret Santa but I'm lurking out of the shadows to follow this because I get giddy watching other people so happy and looking at all the pretties. Same reason I'll spend three hours looking through sub box threads that I don't subscribe to! Ok I'm gonna sidle back into the shadows now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wasn't In the Dec Secret Santa but I'm lurking out of the shadows to follow this because I get giddy watching other people so happy and looking at all the pretties. Same reason I'll spend three hours looking through sub box threads that I don't subscribe to! Ok I'm gonna sidle back into the shadows now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You should come out of he shadows more often. These are some of the nicest people on the internet.

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will be an elf/summer elf! I'm SO EXCITED
Me too I loved being an elf!

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by roxymama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wasn't In the Dec Secret Santa but I'm lurking out of the shadows to follow this because I get giddy watching other people so happy and looking at all the pretties. Same reason I'll spend three hours looking through sub box threads that I don't subscribe to!
Ok I'm gonna sidle back into the shadows now
smile.gif

You should come out of he shadows more often. These are some of the nicest people on the internet.
iagree.gif

Back