[SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oral surgery recovery discovery of the weekend:  Frozen peas as ice packs?  Screw that.  Frozen Capri Sun pouches.  Frozen vegetable bags have tiny holes in them to make packing/stocking them easier/more efficient.  Tiny holes = tiny *leaks*.  Capri Suns do not have tiny holes because the entire reason for their existence is so they will *not* leak in lunch bags.  (I discovered an inexplicable Capri Sun in my freezer last weekend.  I don't know where it came from because I don't drink them, and it expired four years ago, so I'm sure as hell not going to drink it, but since I had oral surgery scheduled yesterday, I kept it around thinking it might be an acceptable ice pack substitute.  It is *awesome* for this purpose.)

Does anyone know a moderator? If so, I'd like to get their username out so that we can send messages about how important our summer santa is to us!!!

Haha I'm here and I hear ya!  I will be happy to *help*, but due to an upcoming family situation in June, I can't run the whole thing.  I did the Nails SS, and it was fine, but there was a LOT fewer people.  So, once again, happy to co-run this thing because I had such an incredible time with both SS's at Christmas, just can't do the whole thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Haha I'm here and I hear ya!  I will be happy to *help*, but due to an upcoming family situation in June, I can't run the whole thing.  I did the Nails SS, and it was fine, but there was a LOT fewer people.  So, once again, happy to co-run this thing because I had such an incredible time with both SS's at Christmas, just can't do the whole thing.
Would the co-runner need to be a moderator?  If not, I would be willing to help, although I have no clue what would be entailed on the mod side of things.  I was under the impression that this would only be open to those who had participated in the 2013 SeSa anyway, so that right there would cut down the number of people even eligible, nevermind the number who would actually sign up.

(In completely unrelated news, WTH, Ed, why are you *eating my hair*?  I know you are a kitty of very little brain, but this is ridiculous.)

Zadi had already said it would be limited to only those who participated during SS, so that will cut down on the numbers.  If we limit the sign up time and maximize the shopping time that might make it easier too.  
flowers.gif
  We promise to be super good!

Would the co-runner need to be a moderator?  If not, I would be willing to help, although I have no clue what would be entailed on the mod side of things.  I was under the impression that this would only be open to those who had participated in the 2013 SeSa anyway, so that right there would cut down the number of people even eligible, nevermind the number who would actually sign up. (In completely unrelated news, WTH, Ed, why are you *eating my hair*?  I know you are a kitty of very little brain, but this is ridiculous.)
Speaking of strange and cats, my daughter was sticking her cats ear in her mouth and he was totally enjoying it.

Quote: Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Speaking of strange and cats, my daughter was sticking her cats ear in her mouth and he was totally enjoying it.

laughno.gif
 I laughed so hard I woke the dogs!

I will happily accept any and all help!  I could definitely use help in "tracking" the reveal thread, maybe giving some of you a section of the list (that doesn't include you, obvs), and helpers could keep track of who has/hasn't sent/received their gift.  That really was a time-sucker last time, lol.

I love that you all still have the "elf spirit!" @KellyKaye I was watching Hunger Games:  Catching Fire last night and when Effie Trinket walked through the library and said "It's ALL mahogany" I totally thought of you!  @meaganola poor kitty has the dumbs just like my puppy!  He always tries to lick/chew/eat my hair!  

@magicalmom I can definitely help with bookkeeping!  I've run many decant circles over on bpal.org and would still be running them if I didn't have well over a thousand dollars tied up in leftover oils from unfilled slots.  I loved the admin side, but it just got too expensive for me to continue!  (Running a decant circle means allowing a certain number of people to sign up for each oil, invoicing them, keeping track of who paid for what, ordering the oils and decanting supplies, decanting the oils once they arrive, packing hundreds of perfume vials up for usually a couple dozen people, shipping them out, and tracking who has received their stuff, all on my own.  Did I mention I'm a bit OCD with a love of spreadsheets? 
rolleyes.gif
  )

(ETA:  I think Edgar is actually a bit developmentally delayed.  He was *extremely* sick when I adopted him from the shelter at the tender age of two months, and we weren't sure he was going to make it for the first month he was home.  I actually don't have any pictures of him during that time because I was afraid I would jinx his survival!  Now he's two and a half years old, and he's smart as a whip when it comes to getting into places he's not supposed to, but he is very undersized, can't meow, and EATS MY HAIR.)

Quote: Originally Posted by MissRoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Great new profile pic @Tiffany27la!! 
Thanks, darlin! 
patches.gif

aaand @magicalmom-I have a ton of spare time on my hands for the next few months, so I will be more than happy to help with any part of summer SS!!

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Have you been watching DVD's and taking good pain drugs?
Yes! I sure have! It's too bad that the 600 mg ibuprofen I was given seriously messes up my stomach because I am running low on the hydrocodone and I am freaking out at the idea of actually feeling my mouth right now.

Hope you feel better soon, I am glad you were able to get good meds. I got 3 wisdom teeth taken out and a dry socket all I got was 400mg ibuprofen never new I could tolerate so much pain.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hope you feel better soon, I am glad you were able to get good meds. I got 3 wisdom teeth taken out and a dry socket all I got was 400mg ibuprofen never new I could tolerate so much pain.
I feel almost back to normal today, I just wish I could chew. I am so sorry that you had to go through that kind of pain, why wouldn't they give you anything better?

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tell my husband that! Hahaha, I'll have a pile of boxes arriving this week. Urban Decay, Josie Maran, Victoria Secret, Ulta, Birchbox. Yikes, I need to stop. At least I've gotten discounts on all of it. Right? That's okay, right?
Totally ok. 
smile.gif

I've been out sick from work for three weeks and have made sooo many purchases. It's like Christmas all over again!

Hope you feel better soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would the co-runner need to be a moderator?  If not, I would be willing to help, although I have no clue what would be entailed on the mod side of things.  I was under the impression that this would only be open to those who had participated in the 2013 SeSa anyway, so that right there would cut down the number of people even eligible, nevermind the number who would actually sign up.

(In completely unrelated news, WTH, Ed, why are you *eating my hair*?  I know you are a kitty of very little brain, but this is ridiculous.)

Lol my cat does that ever since we got her as a 7th month old she is 9 now. She loves doing it to unsuspecting strangers too, I call her ninja kitty.
peek.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Adorable pic!

I feel almost back to normal today, I just wish I could chew. I am so sorry that you had to go through that kind of pain, why wouldn't they give you anything better?

Its the way they do things in Germany, they are afraid of people getting addicted. I was in so much pain I couldn't even see clearly everything seemed hazy. I feel bad for the hubby having to deal with me being so snappy with him. It was right before Christmas too so no yummy holiday dinners for me. I had to wait until January to be able to eat somewhat normal again. Hubby knew there was something wrong when I didn't even want to shop.  Glad you are feeling better!

Its the way they do things in Germany, they are afraid of people getting addicted. I was in so much pain I couldn't even see clearly everything seemed hazy. I feel bad for the hubby having to deal with me being so snappy with him. It was right before Christmas too so no yummy holiday dinners for me. I had to wait until January to be able to eat somewhat normal again. Hubby knew there was something wrong when I didn't even want to shop.  Glad you are feeling better!
Oh that is so crazy, but I guess I understand the drug concerns. I am glad to be feeling better but the hunger is not okay! Thanks for the well wishes.

I had surgery in Guatemala and it was the same way.  I kept asking for stronger pain meds post-surgery (appendicitis, apparently it won't plan itself around trips), and they said I'd get addicted.  They aren't inherently wrong, but I've never experienced so much pain.  At least I'm not addicted to pain killers?

Latest posts

Back