[SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Its the way they do things in Germany, they are afraid of people getting addicted. I was in so much pain I couldn't even see clearly everything seemed hazy. I feel bad for the hubby having to deal with me being so snappy with him. It was right before Christmas too so no yummy holiday dinners for me. I had to wait until January to be able to eat somewhat normal again. Hubby knew there was something wrong when I didn't even want to shop.  Glad you are feeling better!

I had surgery in Guatemala and it was the same way.  I kept asking for stronger pain meds post-surgery (appendicitis, apparently it won't plan itself around trips), and they said I'd get addicted.  They aren't inherently wrong, but I've never experienced so much pain.  At least I'm not addicted to pain killers?

Sorry to hear that sounds much worse than getting teeth pulled. Being in a foreign country and having surgery sounds so scary. I guess that is the good part we are not addicted to  pain killers but I would have been happy with at least a 3 day supply.

Sorry to hear that sounds much worse than getting teeth pulled. Being in a foreign country and having surgery sounds so scary. I guess that is the good part we are not addicted to  pain killers but I would have been happy with at least a 3 day supply.

It was an adventure!  It makes for a good story now, but it was definitely scary! 
smile.gif
 I would also have liked a 3 day supply, at least for my travel out of the country, because that was pretty brutal.  If I wasn't moving it was fine, but the car ride and then airplane ride was rough.  My dad came to Guatemala and got me, like a rescue or something.  Thankful to have him!  It's kind of like a real life "got attacked by a bear" story- there's no way it should have happened, but it definitely did!

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was an adventure!  It makes for a good story now, but it was definitely scary! 
smile.gif
 I would also have liked a 3 day supply, at least for my travel out of the country, because that was pretty brutal.  If I wasn't moving it was fine, but the car ride and then airplane ride was rough.  My dad came to Guatemala and got me, like a rescue or something.  Thankful to have him!  It's kind of like a real life "got attacked by a bear" story- there's no way it should have happened, but it definitely did!

Thats great your dad came to get you. Definitely one interesting story.

I guess it is just hard to find a good balance?  We definitely way over subscribe pain medication in this country- not only do people never build up any kind of tolerance for pain, but instead they gain a tolerance for the meds!  But not providing them at all seems just as extreme.

I would like to have at least a month to shop before the shipping date.  Since we had talked about doing it in June, shouldn't we start signing up soon?  Just my two cents.  I know the turn-around was pretty quick last time and it would be nice to have a little more time to stalk and shop! 
ninja.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I would like to have at least a month to shop before the shipping date.  Since we had talked about doing it in June, shouldn't we start signing up soon?  Just my two cents.  I know the turn-around was pretty quick last time and it would be nice to have a little more time to stalk and shop! 
ninja.gif

Yes, did we find someone to take charge and divvy up the secret summer santa's?? Let's get this party started!!

That's great to hear. I have been stockpiling some things and looking forward to playing Santa!

I am working on it ladies! My laptop screen finally punked out so right now it's whatever I can do with a smartphone and an iPad. But I'll get a timeline together this weekend and start a sign up thread in late April, after the site transitions over to the new format. I'm thinking two weeks of signup (late April-Early May), two months of shopping (early May-Early July), and start shipping July 4th (allowing a two week window for shipping, so technically July 5th-19th because PO's are closed on the 4th in the US). Right now what I need are ideas and suggestions based on last time. What worked? What didn't? Obviously any update to rules will go through Zadi and the other mods first, but I think we have a good system going! I want to know how we can make it even better!

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am working on it ladies! My laptop screen finally punked out so right now it's whatever I can do with a smartphone and an iPad. But I'll get a timeline together this weekend and start a sign up thread in late April, after the site transitions over to the new format. I'm thinking two weeks of signup (late April-Early May), two months of shopping (early May-Early July), and start shipping July 4th (allowing a two week window for shipping, so technically July 5th-19th because PO's are closed on the 4th in the US).

Right now what I need are ideas and suggestions based on last time. What worked? What didn't? Obviously any update to rules will go through Zadi and the other mods first, but I think we have a good system going! I want to know how we can make it even better!

Leigh, this sounds awesome!  I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions, but I wanted to let you know that if you need help with anything- or if you're making a list of people to support, put me on it!

I am working on it ladies! My laptop screen finally punked out so right now it's whatever I can do with a smartphone and an iPad. But I'll get a timeline together this weekend and start a sign up thread in late April, after the site transitions over to the new format. I'm thinking two weeks of signup (late April-Early May), two months of shopping (early May-Early July), and start shipping July 4th (allowing a two week window for shipping, so technically July 5th-19th because PO's are closed on the 4th in the US). Right now what I need are ideas and suggestions based on last time. What worked? What didn't? Obviously any update to rules will go through Zadi and the other mods first, but I think we have a good system going! I want to know how we can make it even better!
You are the best :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There's a 'Secret Santa Input Wanted' thread somewhere around here that Zadi started. This one is going to be just for members who have done SS before right? Or did I make that up?

Leigh, this sounds awesome!  I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions, but I wanted to let you know that if you need help with anything- or if you're making a list of people to support, put me on it!
Ditto. More than happy to help!

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are the best
smile.gif

There's a 'Secret Santa Input Wanted' thread somewhere around here that Zadi started.

This one is going to be just for members who have done SS before right? Or did I make that up?
Yes, that is what Zadi said.  That way the summer mod would not have to worry so much about people who might not get a box--thus taking a bit of the stress out of it.  

Wow--two months of shopping--thank goodness for flat rate boxes!

What do we think?  Summer Santa?  Sandal Santa?

$25 like regular SS?

Yay! And we need a new name for my helper "elves"! Yes, the exchange will only be open for those who did SS in December. I will have to hunt down the other thread with suggestions, hopefully there were some good ideas while the exchange was fresh in everyone's minds. I'm so excited for this exchange! I'm hunting down deals already!

Gosh it's been ages since I posted due to school lately (applying to nursing school *fingers crossed*) but I follow up with updates in my emails now and then but wow! Summer SS? That sounds amazing and there is a lot of awesome products that come out in the summer.  The fun just keeps on coming, I'm happy you ladies are still keeping the love going. I'm taking a trip back home to San Diego in June so ill definitely think about participating before then since its like a makeup mecca in Cali and would love to put a little California in the gift to someone who's never been there  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Anyhoot I'll keep an eye out! Sounds pretty exciting !

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! And we need a new name for my helper "elves"!

Yes, the exchange will only be open for those who did SS in December. I will have to hunt down the other thread with suggestions, hopefully there were some good ideas while the exchange was fresh in everyone's minds.

I'm so excited for this exchange! I'm hunting down deals already!
Oh!  I'm still on board to be a helper elf, especially for boring admin-y stuff!  As for names, I vote for "fairy" because "elf" and "fairy" were used interchangeably during the Elizabethan era, and fairies were A REALLY IMPORTANT THING in _A Midsummer's Night Dream_.  I cannot believe I actually came up with an actual valid *reason* for this tonight.  I was so tired this afternoon at work that I was telling someone that I had been busy all day but didn't get anything done, and then he asked me what I had just been doing for the past hour in an attempt to point out that I had in fact done things, and I *had to stop and think about what I had been doing literally a minute earlier.  Oh!  Name for the swap!  Given the timeframe, we could call it a Midsummer Swap. I have no clue why I have suddenly latched onto this particular play.  Maybe it's time to go crash out for the night.

(And can we get a thread to act as a lounge for the swap helpers -- that is, the intermediaries who will transmit tracking numbers, delays, etc., once things get rolling -- to hang out so everyone knows where to find us?)

Yesssss!!! This is going to be great. I have some cool ideas for my mystery lady!

Back