(SPOILERS!) Secret Santa FOR NAILS 2013 Presents Revealed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SANTA MY GIFT CAME!!!!1!!

(don't mind the papers covering our names!!)

OMIGOSH WHAT A HUGE BOXXXX THANK YOU SO MUCH ;____;

I'm going to wait until tonight to open the box, so I can thank you specifically, personally. I can't wait to see what's insideeee

AGSDJKFJLDG:AJ:LDF YOU GUYS. YOU GUYS. OMIGOSH @latinafeminista WAS MY SECRET SANTA AND OOHHHH ;_; I'M SO MOVED BEYOND WORDS BY YOUR KINDNESS AND GENEROSITY. So you will just have to settle for my incoherent keymashing for now. I didn't open everything yet, but here are the few pictures I took. >.< Sorry about the lighting!!

once again: LOOK AT THIS FREAKING BOX. I was not expecting anything even REMOTELY close to this uwaaaahhh

SO EXCITED. SUCH BEAUTIFUL PACKAGING ;---;

omg guys, seriously look at this freaking card!!

ajksd;ljgal;ks;fjl;gj thank you sooooo much for the lovely message. ;_; You're too sweet. You've made my day and birthday and Christmas and Chinese New Year and all of next year already. <33

I decided to treat myself to one of the boxes and LOOK AT THIS FREAKING BOX GUYS. LOOK AT IT. LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL AND SPARKLY IT IS AG;SJ;DLGJL

HM.... WHAT COULD IT BE...?

omigosh ;____; uwah. Two polishes on my wishlist, could I ask for anything better? HRH has been on my wishlist forever and I just kept not buying it and EEEEHHHH REKHA WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CLASSIC I NEEDED IN MY COLLECTION. YES, NEEDED.

Honestly, if you'd only sent me these two polishes in that box and the card and called it a day, I would've been more than thrilled. Thank you sooooo much Margie, and I can't wait to open more boxes and scream at everyone in this thread about how you're the best santa ever. <3333

PS -- I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE NOW!!! >D LET'S HANG OUT!
@Kyuu  omg, I'm SO happy you are enjoying your gift!! Your reveal posts made me super happy and I'm sorry I couldn't reply sooner (just got back in town).  I'm glad you liked the card, I thought it was so fitting and perfect that I HAD to get it for you! And also so happy you enjoyed the first two polishes and that you hadn't bought them for yourself yet!!

We live super close to each other so yes, we should def meet up!! I can't wait to see the rest of your reveal!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@DonnaD thank you sooooo much for the lovely gloves!!! They are really pretty. This has put a smile on my face and a spring in my step. i am on my cellphone so excuse if pic not good. These gloves are very special and i will remember you each time i wear them. you have definitely have been a blessing and inspiration to me and our Mut nail group. thank you.

You are very welcome.  I hope they fit!

For the people still waiting, I have to do a little yarn shopping tomorrow so you might have better colour choices...definitely picking up more black lol.  I have a package ready to go for @Parasoul and another for a ninja gift, not Christmas, just a little something.

I stopped to make a super cute hat for my demanding daughter who wants a hat in every colour and to finally do something with my poor nails.  They've grown quite a bit but still all torn up with ravaged cuticles so I had to do something!  I used Affair in Red Square that @FrostKitty sent me and I think this one might be that HG red.  It's an almost but not quite foil shimmer and it is the exact shade of red I envisioned.

I plan to resume normal mitten crocheting tomorrow night but I still have to fit in a hat for my grandbaby girl and another hat for my other daughter who isn't quite as much as a pita as my oldest lol.  Speaking of my little Jelly Bean, let me take this opportunity to show you the cutest baby in the entire world!

Quote: Originally Posted by secrethoarder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ack, I just got back from a (very long) business trip and had a giant pile of packages to sort through.

And of course, one of them is my gift from my SS @QueenJane

I feel so bad that I took forever to post this, since I assume it got here a while ago! I'm so so so sorry!!!

Amazingly adorable packaging!! Thank you so much for the chocolates as well! 

I love all the colors! I've never tried Cult Nails or Ruffian before, and I'm so glad I will get to experiment with these!! I can't wait to do some fun holiday manis with the Zoya Pixiedust. 

I love all the extras as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not a whole lot of these chocolates are left over, they were delicious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Your card was also super cute; I'm so beyond grateful, you have no idea.

I really couldn't have asked for a more perfect gift! I LOVE all the colors and you've given me 2 new brands to try that I've heard great things about! (And I already love Zoya, which of course you know. But I don't have either of the colors you got for me!)

This was a serious pick-me-up after my very stressful trip.

Thank you so much!! 
That's awesome.  Love the snowman files.  What colour is that Cult Nails?

[@]DonnaD[/@] OMG, she is adorable!! We want to have kids and are going to start trying right after the wedding and I am putting in my request now...I want one that looks just as cute as her!! Those eyes! I just want to gobble her up!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are very welcome.  I hope they fit!

For the people still waiting, I have to do a little yarn shopping tomorrow so you might have better colour choices...definitely picking up more black lol.  I have a package ready to go for @Parasoul and another for a ninja gift, not Christmas, just a little something.

I stopped to make a super cute hat for my demanding daughter who wants a hat in every colour and to finally do something with my poor nails.  They've grown quite a bit but still all torn up with ravaged cuticles so I had to do something!  I used Affair in Red Square that @FrostKitty sent me and I think this one might be that HG red.  It's an almost but not quite foil shimmer and it is the exact shade of red I envisioned.

I plan to resume normal mitten crocheting tomorrow night but I still have to fit in a hat for my grandbaby girl and another hat for my other daughter who isn't quite as much as a pita as my oldest lol.  Speaking of my little Jelly Bean, let me take this opportunity to show you the cutest baby in the entire world!

You're right - cutest baby ever! The picture of her with the lights is worthy of a Christmas card! 
santa.gif

I'm going to post a list of names of people who I show haven't received their gifts as of yet - please keep in mind that I could have easily missed your post saying you got your package!  If you have received it, please post back saying you got it.  If you haven't gotten it yet, please either post in this thread or PM me, and I'll do my best to find out what's going on!

(Also, I do show that some of these packages are en route, but not yet delivered.  I'm posting them anyway, just to make it didn't get delivered while I wasn't looking!)

wrkreads

makeitupasigo

LyndaV

kawaiimeows

DragonChick

FunAtTheCircus

And of these six, I only show two with absolutely no shipping/tracking info.  Not bad, but I want to make sure I have everyone present and accounted for!
Also, if I somehow have you marked down as "delivered", but you haven't gotten a gift, please let me know!  

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm going to post a list of names of people who I show haven't received their gifts as of yet - please keep in mind that I could have easily missed your post saying you got your package!  If you have received it, please post back saying you got it.  If you haven't gotten it yet, please either post in this thread or PM me, and I'll do my best to find out what's going on!

(Also, I do show that some of these packages are en route, but not yet delivered.  I'm posting them anyway, just to make it didn't get delivered while I wasn't looking!)

wrkreads

makeitupasigo

LyndaV

kawaiimeows

DragonChick

FunAtTheCircus

And of these six, I only show two with absolutely no shipping/tracking info.  Not bad, but I want to make sure I have everyone present and accounted for!
Also, if I somehow have you marked down as "delivered", but you haven't gotten a gift, please let me know!  

Mine has not arrived yet, but the tracking info I was sent shows it should be delivered on Dec 24. Almost here!

Quote: Originally Posted by wrkreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wrkreads

makeitupasigo

LyndaV

kawaiimeows

DragonChick

FunAtTheCircus

Mine has not arrived yet, but the tracking info I was sent shows it should be delivered on Dec 24. Almost here!

Awesome!  I do have yours marked down as "in transit".  Hopefully a miracle happens and everything gets delivered today!  

You are very welcome.  I hope they fit! For the people still waiting, I have to do a little yarn shopping tomorrow so you might have better colour choices...definitely picking up more black lol.  I have a package ready to go for @Parasoul  and another for a ninja gift, not Christmas, just a little something. I stopped to make a super cute hat for my demanding daughter who wants a hat in every colour and to finally do something with my poor nails.  They've grown quite a bit but still all torn up with ravaged cuticles so I had to do something!  I used Affair in Red Square that @FrostKitty  sent me and I think this one might be that HG red.  It's an almost but not quite foil shimmer and it is the exact shade of red I envisioned. I plan to resume normal mitten crocheting tomorrow night but I still have to fit in a hat for my grandbaby girl and another hat for my other daughter who isn't quite as much as a pita as my oldest lol.  Speaking of my little Jelly Bean, let me take this opportunity to show you the cutest baby in the entire world!
https://www.makeuptalk.com/content/type/ They fit perfectly, thank you. And your Grandbaby is sooooo cute. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed holiday. Merry Christmas.

[@]jaylee78[/@] thank you so much!!! I am currently too busy with christmas stuff to make a complete post but will try to do so later tonight. As of now, I am cuddling the Vera Bradley bag that everything came in (how did you know I love Vera Bradley?). Thank you sooooooooo much!

Quote: Originally Posted by makeitupasigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@jaylee78 thank you so much!!! I am currently too busy with christmas stuff to make a complete post but will try to do so later tonight. As of now, I am cuddling the Vera Bradley bag that everything came in (how did you know I love Vera Bradley?). Thank you sooooooooo much!
Can't wait to see your goodies and new Vera bag!  Love Vera Bradley!

Quote: Originally Posted by latinafeminista /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Kyuu  omg, I'm SO happy you are enjoying your gift!! Your reveal posts made me super happy and I'm sorry I couldn't reply sooner (just got back in town).  I'm glad you liked the card, I thought it was so fitting and perfect that I HAD to get it for you! And also so happy you enjoyed the first two polishes and that you hadn't bought them for yourself yet!!

We live super close to each other so yes, we should def meet up!! I can't wait to see the rest of your reveal!!
I hope you had a good trip! I've been slowly opening them up day-by-day and have just been MIA for some reason and haven't posted the other reveals. ;_; But it's my birthday now so I decided to open all of them up and omigoshhh. (Also, sorry these photos are decidedly less awesome since I lent my fancy DSLR to a friend and my camera phone is decided less awesome. )< google I thought you updated the driver for it too grr)

I pulled off all the beautiful wrapping of the other items before I took a picture but ;_; Here is everything other than the other polishes (which I hadn't opened yet!!)

Boscia pore perfection mask -- omigosh so excited to try this <33 Goodness knows my pores need it. And aaaaahh the josie maran set ;;; I wanted to pick one up on Black Friday, but they sold our pretty quickly and this will be soooo useful when I have to go to China next month. I was just thinking about what to pack so I could keep doing my nails and ajsd;klajfd perfect

I'd say more about the chocolate but my mouth is full of them. Soooooooo. And eeeeeeh I've heard so many good things about the elf lip exfoliator but I could never find one so thank you so much for sending it my way. And how did you know I needed a new nail file?! I've been putting it for like a month now, so thank you soooo much. You must be a mind-reader! Either that or Santa told you what I wanted... I hope he only said good things about me :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Soooo purple box:

L'Oreal Paparazzi Pleaser aaaah so excited for this. I mentioned wanting to try this brand, and you couldn't have picked a more perfect polish for me. You couldn't have picked a more perfect and elegant colour for me to start out with!!!

Next up is the big green box and there were even more goodies inside:

How absolutely freakin' cute are these minis >.< Definitely good for the wanderlust traveloholic that I am.

(wow my camera is really bad here and I tried so many times to take a better picture and just eventually gave up)

The other three polishes in the green box are Zoya Giovanna, OPI Tomorrow Never Dies, and Formula X Ignition. Uwaaah, Giovanna is such a beautiful and festive green that's perfect for the holiday season. OPI TND has been on my wishlist forever and aaaaahhhh so insanely gorgeous in person. I've also been lusting after FormX so badly and how did you pick the absolute perfect one for me to start off with!? ugh Ignition is such a beautiful, classy purple and I really have nothing like it in my entire purple collection.

Here again are all the polishes @latinafeminista got for me:

I put the two festive zoyas together. LOL I'M HAVING SUCH A DELIGHTFULLY PURPLE CHRISTMAS THIS YEARRR

And since it was the only way I managed to get a good picture, all of them in the beautiful boxes she sent me: 

and the extra goodies she sent my way (including the absolutely gorgeous and perfect card again!)

Thank you again so so so much for making this SS exchange for me and making my birthday absolutely wonderful. I can tell you worked really really hard to pick things out that you thought were absolutely perfect for me, and I can't express in words my gratitude. ;__; Thank you so much <333

I hope you had a good trip! I've been slowly opening them up day-by-day and have just been MIA for some reason and haven't posted the other reveals. ;_; But it's my birthday now so I decided to open all of them up and omigoshhh. (Also, sorry these photos are decidedly less awesome since I lent my fancy DSLR to a friend and my camera phone is decided less awesome. )< google I thought you updated the driver for it too grr)

I pulled off all the beautiful wrapping of the other items before I took a picture but ;_; Here is everything other than the other polishes (which I hadn't opened yet!!)

Boscia pore perfection mask -- omigosh so excited to try this <33 Goodness knows my pores need it. And aaaaahh the josie maran set ;;; I wanted to pick one up on Black Friday, but they sold our pretty quickly and this will be soooo useful when I have to go to China next month. I was just thinking about what to pack so I could keep doing my nails and ajsd;klajfd perfect

I'd say more about the chocolate but my mouth is full of them. Soooooooo. And eeeeeeh I've heard so many good things about the elf lip exfoliator but I could never find one so thank you so much for sending it my way. And how did you know I needed a new nail file?! I've been putting it for like a month now, so thank you soooo much. You must be a mind-reader! Either that or Santa told you what I wanted... I hope he only said good things about me :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Soooo purple box:

L'Oreal Paparazzi Pleaser aaaah so excited for this. I mentioned wanting to try this brand, and you couldn't have picked a more perfect polish for me. You couldn't have picked a more perfect and elegant colour for me to start out with!!!

Next up is the big green box and there were even more goodies inside:

How absolutely freakin' cute are these minis >.< Definitely good for the wanderlust traveloholic that I am.

(wow my camera is really bad here and I tried so many times to take a better picture and just eventually gave up)

The other three polishes in the green box are Zoya Giovanna, OPI Tomorrow Never Dies, and Formula X Ignition. Uwaaah, Giovanna is such a beautiful and festive green that's perfect for the holiday season. OPI TND has been on my wishlist forever and aaaaahhhh so insanely gorgeous in person. I've also been lusting after FormX so badly and how did you pick the absolute perfect one for me to start off with!? ugh Ignition is such a beautiful, classy purple and I really have nothing like it in my entire purple collection.

Here again are all the polishes @latinafeminista got for me:

I put the two festive zoyas together. LOL I'M HAVING SUCH A DELIGHTFULLY PURPLE CHRISTMAS THIS YEARRR

And since it was the only way I managed to get a good picture, all of them in the beautiful boxes she sent me: 

and the extra goodies she sent my way (including the absolutely gorgeous and perfect card again!)

Thank you again so so so much for making this SS exchange for me and making my birthday absolutely wonderful. I can tell you worked really really hard to pick things out that you thought were absolutely perfect for me, and I can't express in words my gratitude. ;__; Thank you so much <333
OMG!  I NEEEEED Tomorrow Never Dies right this minute!  What a fantastic haul!  Almost as perfect as my present was!

Alright, here goes

When my mail lady came today I was not expecting to receive anything but as soon as she passed me the hand-addressed flat rate box I knew exactly what it was. For a second, I considered waiting until Christmas to open it but then immediately decided against doing so. Since when am I that patient? I opened it first to see this cute little note-

Inside was a beautifully wrapped package-

After removing the wrapping paper, I saw this meticulously taped bubble wrap. She obviously put a lot of care into making sure my pretties arrived unbroken-

Under the bubble wrap lay a gorgeous Vera Bradley Cosmetic bag stuffed with goodies-

I LOVE Vera Bradley. I don't know if you knew that or not, dearest @jaylee78, but this was perfect for me. I literally could not stop smiling. I was not expecting this at all but I guess you can never underestimate the ladies of MUT.

In the third compartment (yes I went backwards!) were these fabulous goodies-

A super cute nail file, a set of fun false lashes, blotting papers and a sample of pore minimizer for my teenage skin, beautiful silver earrings, and Victorian flower-printed nail stickers.

The second pocket had some gorgeous polishes-

No, those 2 OPIs (mini and full size) are not the same color. No, your eyes do not deceive you, those are NARS polishes. Each color is something that I like and will wear as often as possible.

The first (and last) pocket had-

Even more gorgeous polishes and a top coat to boot! Seriously though, I was blown away by all these polishes. I am so impressed by how perfect these polishes are for me.

Everything all together-

Thank you so much @jaylee78. When I signed up for this I was expecting a few polishes and maybe a couple extras if I was lucky. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined a gift so generous. I love every single thing that you gave me. Thank you again.

Thank you so much to Susan from MT.  She just secret santa ninjaed me.  She gave me the most delicious werthers candy with apple filling that my little ones gobbled up so quick.  She also gave me three incredible polishes, one a beautiful orange red glitter by Julie, one is the color unpredictable by china glaze, and one is a homemade mix that is a shade that reminds me of orange sherbert push up pops.  I love all three, but the homemade one is my favorite, I love orange.  Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart for this surprise.  It was a great pick me up to help through hard times.  I hope you have a very merry Christmas as you have made mine a little brighter.  Thank you.

First of all, I think my Secret Santa, @Sakura83 deserves a gold medal for enduring my childlike impatience and the "isithereyetisithereyets" due to the incompentence of the Post Office, which may be overrun with zombies after all.

Secondly, while all of the Santas are awesome, mine is the awesomest (is that even a word? Nope? Good, it is now.)

Look at this beautifully wrapped goodness, too pretty to open. And wax seals! I'm a sucker for touches like those, and purple! The nerd in me was thinking that from a distance the silver paper almost looked Gallifreyan. I didn't get a picture of the ribbon and tissue containing these. I tried lifting it all out of the box to take a picture and the boxes had other ideas.

And then I opened the card. And promptly turned emotional when I saw what was inside. A dragon, all for me... and the Tardis?? *cue lots of squeeing* This is the best card I've received and such beautiful artwork! And it's all mine, the purple dragon and a purple Tardis. *even more squeeing* At this point it didn't matter what was in those packages because this card. Just look at it!

Look at that wax seal, I'm in love.

Why yes my inner magpie made an appearance and carefully removed the ribbons to keep for future use. Those seals will make cute little ornaments.

And everything unwrapped:

I especially love the handwritten card explaining why you picked each item. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's a lovely touch, personalized and thoughtful. Everything is perfect and is so me and I feel like you should be someone I know personally who knows what I love because all of these are things that I would expect from people I know in Real Life.

I've been in Ulta a few times recently, and kept eyeing the Mariah Carey set, but I could never pull the trigger and buy it for myself - I was too busy gift shopping to justify buying it. Side note: that red isn't too dark for me, it's the perfect color to layer with glitter over top. (says the person currently wearing an extremely dark green holo, the green in the pic above).

Even weirder of a coincidence was everytime I needed to visit Walgreens to pick something up in the past couple of weeks, I'd eye the Ferrero's in the Christmas aisle, and for whatever reason, I didn't pick those up either. I kept telling myself that I'd pick some up the next time I went there, and never did. It's as if you knew I loved those too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There may be a few missing from the package now. Oops. I regret nothing! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm also a fiend for fuzzy socks, I love wearing them under my slippers in the winter. And in two of my favorite colors too! Yay!!  I, too, love glass files and keep them everywhere.

I love, love, love that bookmark! Though I don't know about the "keep calm" part come Wednesday. I adore Eleven, he reminds me of Four in many ways, and can be the perfect Madman in a Box, I already know that I'm going to be sad when he regenerates. On the flipside, I'm excited to see Peter Capaldi as the Doctor.

I'd be terrible if I didn't at least mention what polishes I received. The Rainbow Honeys are Snake Eyes and Unstealable Jewel, and the Zoyas are Zara, Carter, and Anja.

I feel sad that I'm finished sharing my amazing and awesome gift which was more than worth the wait and has left me grining from ear to ear! I appreciate the thoughtfulness and personalization of each item, and I'm touched by your generosity! This is beyond amazing and more! Thank you,so very, very much!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Donna529 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my package today:) Waiting til Tuesday to open it but after a 13 hour day it was nice to see this:) Thanks so much!!! Glad it got there safely!!!  I hope you like everything! =D

Latest posts

Back