(SPOILERS!) Secret Santa FOR NAILS 2013 Presents Revealed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  First of all, I think my Secret Santa, @Sakura83 deserves a gold medal for enduring my childlike impatience and the "isithereyetisithereyets" due to the incompentence of the Post Office, which may be overrun with zombies after all.

Secondly, while all of the Santas are awesome, mine is the awesomest (is that even a word? Nope? Good, it is now.)

Look at this beautifully wrapped goodness, too pretty to open. And wax seals! I'm a sucker for touches like those, and purple! The nerd in me was thinking that from a distance the silver paper almost looked Gallifreyan. I didn't get a picture of the ribbon and tissue containing these. I tried lifting it all out of the box to take a picture and the boxes had other ideas.

And then I opened the card. And promptly turned emotional when I saw what was inside. A dragon, all for me... and the Tardis?? *cue lots of squeeing* This is the best card I've received and such beautiful artwork! And it's all mine, the purple dragon and a purple Tardis. *even more squeeing* At this point it didn't matter what was in those packages because this card. Just look at it!

Look at that wax seal, I'm in love.

Why yes my inner magpie made an appearance and carefully removed the ribbons to keep for future use. Those seals will make cute little ornaments.

And everything unwrapped:

I especially love the handwritten card explaining why you picked each item. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's a lovely touch, personalized and thoughtful. Everything is perfect and is so me and I feel like you should be someone I know personally who knows what I love because all of these are things that I would expect from people I know in Real Life.

I've been in Ulta a few times recently, and kept eyeing the Mariah Carey set, but I could never pull the trigger and buy it for myself - I was too busy gift shopping to justify buying it. Side note: that red isn't too dark for me, it's the perfect color to layer with glitter over top. (says the person currently wearing an extremely dark green holo, the green in the pic above).

Even weirder of a coincidence was everytime I needed to visit Walgreens to pick something up in the past couple of weeks, I'd eye the Ferrero's in the Christmas aisle, and for whatever reason, I didn't pick those up either. I kept telling myself that I'd pick some up the next time I went there, and never did. It's as if you knew I loved those too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There may be a few missing from the package now. Oops. I regret nothing! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm also a fiend for fuzzy socks, I love wearing them under my slippers in the winter. And in two of my favorite colors too! Yay!!  I, too, love glass files and keep them everywhere.

I love, love, love that bookmark! Though I don't know about the "keep calm" part come Wednesday. I adore Eleven, he reminds me of Four in many ways, and can be the perfect Madman in a Box, I already know that I'm going to be sad when he regenerates. On the flipside, I'm excited to see Peter Capaldi as the Doctor.

I'd be terrible if I didn't at least mention what polishes I received. The Rainbow Honeys are Snake Eyes and Unstealable Jewel, and the Zoyas are Zara, Carter, and Anja.

I feel sad that I'm finished sharing my amazing and awesome gift which was more than worth the wait and has left me grining from ear to ear! I appreciate the thoughtfulness and personalization of each item, and I'm touched by your generosity! This is beyond amazing and more! Thank you,so very, very much!!
See?  Good things come to those who wait, right?  I am in love with that card and those seals.  It's funny how so many people most love parts of their presents that have nothing to do with polish.

Quote: Originally Posted by secrethoarder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ack, I just got back from a (very long) business trip and had a giant pile of packages to sort through.

And of course, one of them is my gift from my SS @QueenJane

I feel so bad that I took forever to post this, since I assume it got here a while ago! I'm so so so sorry!!!

Amazingly adorable packaging!! Thank you so much for the chocolates as well! 

I love all the colors! I've never tried Cult Nails or Ruffian before, and I'm so glad I will get to experiment with these!! I can't wait to do some fun holiday manis with the Zoya Pixiedust. 

I love all the extras as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not a whole lot of these chocolates are left over, they were delicious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Your card was also super cute; I'm so beyond grateful, you have no idea.

I really couldn't have asked for a more perfect gift! I LOVE all the colors and you've given me 2 new brands to try that I've heard great things about! (And I already love Zoya, which of course you know. But I don't have either of the colors you got for me!)

This was a serious pick-me-up after my very stressful trip.

Thank you so much!! 
I hope that the colors are "work friendly" Enjoy and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  First of all, I think my Secret Santa, @Sakura83 deserves a gold medal for enduring my childlike impatience and the "isithereyetisithereyets" due to the incompentence of the Post Office, which may be overrun with zombies after all.

Secondly, while all of the Santas are awesome, mine is the awesomest (is that even a word? Nope? Good, it is now.)

Look at this beautifully wrapped goodness, too pretty to open. And wax seals! I'm a sucker for touches like those, and purple! The nerd in me was thinking that from a distance the silver paper almost looked Gallifreyan. I didn't get a picture of the ribbon and tissue containing these. I tried lifting it all out of the box to take a picture and the boxes had other ideas.

And then I opened the card. And promptly turned emotional when I saw what was inside. A dragon, all for me... and the Tardis?? *cue lots of squeeing* This is the best card I've received and such beautiful artwork! And it's all mine, the purple dragon and a purple Tardis. *even more squeeing* At this point it didn't matter what was in those packages because this card. Just look at it!

Look at that wax seal, I'm in love.

Why yes my inner magpie made an appearance and carefully removed the ribbons to keep for future use. Those seals will make cute little ornaments.

And everything unwrapped:

I especially love the handwritten card explaining why you picked each item. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's a lovely touch, personalized and thoughtful. Everything is perfect and is so me and I feel like you should be someone I know personally who knows what I love because all of these are things that I would expect from people I know in Real Life.

I've been in Ulta a few times recently, and kept eyeing the Mariah Carey set, but I could never pull the trigger and buy it for myself - I was too busy gift shopping to justify buying it. Side note: that red isn't too dark for me, it's the perfect color to layer with glitter over top. (says the person currently wearing an extremely dark green holo, the green in the pic above).

Even weirder of a coincidence was everytime I needed to visit Walgreens to pick something up in the past couple of weeks, I'd eye the Ferrero's in the Christmas aisle, and for whatever reason, I didn't pick those up either. I kept telling myself that I'd pick some up the next time I went there, and never did. It's as if you knew I loved those too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There may be a few missing from the package now. Oops. I regret nothing! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm also a fiend for fuzzy socks, I love wearing them under my slippers in the winter. And in two of my favorite colors too! Yay!!  I, too, love glass files and keep them everywhere.

I love, love, love that bookmark! Though I don't know about the "keep calm" part come Wednesday. I adore Eleven, he reminds me of Four in many ways, and can be the perfect Madman in a Box, I already know that I'm going to be sad when he regenerates. On the flipside, I'm excited to see Peter Capaldi as the Doctor.

I'd be terrible if I didn't at least mention what polishes I received. The Rainbow Honeys are Snake Eyes and Unstealable Jewel, and the Zoyas are Zara, Carter, and Anja.

I feel sad that I'm finished sharing my amazing and awesome gift which was more than worth the wait and has left me grining from ear to ear! I appreciate the thoughtfulness and personalization of each item, and I'm touched by your generosity! This is beyond amazing and more! Thank you,so very, very much!!
It was my pleasure to shop for you @DragonChick I'AM so thrilled it arrived to you safely! I was a total worry wort ever since it left my home. I don't want to use USPS now but maybe I'll just ship early next time, unfortunately it took a while to get my orders in too...did you know that website you mentioned where you buy your indie polish is in my state?! I'll have to try to visit them but its over an hour away from me. Anyway back to the gift, I adore purple and its my favorite color too !!! So naturally I was having too much fun putting purple everywhere even down to the card! I only started to collect the sealing stamps so this was something I will be doing to all my gifts from now on 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 I'am also glad my instincts were on point because I feel like we have very similar tastes so whenever I was out shopping, if it caught my eye and I liked it, I was buying it for you down to the chocolate (which also totally worked against me because I almost bought  2 of everything lol) 

Dr.Who, omg don't even get me started on this "WED" (*Sniffles everytime  the old doctor gets replaced) but yes! I'am excited to see how Capaldi takes on the role as the new Doctor, I like him as an actor and it would definitely be a nice change to have someone a little older to play the role. (I still miss Tennant, my personal fave)

Anyhoot! I'am super glad that you are enjoying your gift, it was so much fun shopping for you and stalking your list, faves, and getting to know you !

Sorry my pictures are out of order lol. My SS was FireNRice. She did an such a fabulous job with her gifts. I am getting ready to use my Emerald bing it on kit shortly. I have no nail art so this should be fun. The gold bag is so pretty with the 4 polishes inside of it. The Ciate set looks awesome also. I got 2 things I can't wait to use that I have never tried before:) Thanks so much for such a great gift. Merry Christmas !!!

Finally getting to try the DL Mermaid's Dream polish I received from my SS @LyndaV oh my gosh i love this polish even more than I thought I would. I was afraid it wouldn't live up to how much I had been lusting after it but nope, gorgeous. This is definitely a new favorite, the mint green with the gold shimmer is just stunning.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sakura83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It was my pleasure to shop for you @DragonChick I'AM so thrilled it arrived to you safely! I was a total worry wort ever since it left my home. I don't want to use USPS now but maybe I'll just ship early next time, unfortunately it took a while to get my orders in too...did you know that website you mentioned where you buy your indie polish is in my state?! I'll have to try to visit them but its over an hour away from me. Anyway back to the gift, I adore purple and its my favorite color too !!! So naturally I was having too much fun putting purple everywhere even down to the card! I only started to collect the sealing stamps so this was something I will be doing to all my gifts from now on 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 I'am also glad my instincts were on point because I feel like we have very similar tastes so whenever I was out shopping, if it caught my eye and I liked it, I was buying it for you down to the chocolate (which also totally worked against me because I almost bought  2 of everything lol) 

Dr.Who, omg don't even get me started on this "WED" (*Sniffles everytime  the old doctor gets replaced) but yes! I'am excited to see how Capaldi takes on the role as the new Doctor, I like him as an actor and it would definitely be a nice change to have someone a little older to play the role. (I still miss Tennant, my personal fave)

Anyhoot! I'am super glad that you are enjoying your gift, it was so much fun shopping for you and stalking your list, faves, and getting to know you !

I love being an evil influence! I can't remember if Llarowe has an actual storefront or not, but the site is trouble! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> As is Rainbow Honey's site. I can't remember where I first saw that site, but I'm glad I did.

I'm still amused by the fact the new Doctor was in Doctor Who (Fires of Pompeii) long before he he was a Doctor.

Merry Christmas!

I'm so sad. I checked the shipping today, and stupid UPS changed the scheduled delivery to Dec 30! At least it fully cleared customs today. Boo, I was looking forward to opening it today.

Quote: Originally Posted by Donna529 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry my pictures are out of order lol. My SS was FireNRice. She did an such a fabulous job with her gifts. I am getting ready to use my Emerald bing it on kit shortly. I have no nail art so this should be fun. The gold bag is so pretty with the 4 polishes inside of it. The Ciate set looks awesome also. I got 2 things I can't wait to use that I have never tried before:) Thanks so much for such a great gift. Merry Christmas !!!

Glad you liked everything!   I had a lot of fun shopping for you!  The minute I saw the Emerald Bling It On kit, I knew I had to get it for you!  I wish I could have gotten more Ciaté items for you, since that was a brand you said you wanted to try, but the selection at my local Sephora was so sparse.  Merry Christmas!  
santa.gif

Merry Christmas!! This has been the greatest experience. I'm so glad that I participated. I hope everybody finds lots of sparkles under the tree.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/etc.

I had so much fun participating in this Secret Santa. I'm really glad I decided to join in and I'm kicking myself for not participating in the past now! I hope everyone had a wonderful time with this gift exchange, and also has a wonderful time doing whatever you choose to do during these holidays!

Quote: Originally Posted by wrkreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm so sad. I checked the shipping today, and stupid UPS changed the scheduled delivery to Dec 30! At least it fully cleared customs today. Boo, I was looking forward to opening it today.

Figures.

Speaking of shipping. Hubby's Christmas gift to me and mine to my mom were to arrive via FedEx yesterday. It was scheduled for delivery at 11 AM.... And here it is almost 24 hours later and obviously no FedEx today. Thanks FedEx!

Quote: Originally Posted by Momma4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thank you so much to Susan from MT.  She just secret santa ninjaed me.  She gave me the most delicious werthers candy with apple filling that my little ones gobbled up so quick.  She also gave me three incredible polishes, one a beautiful orange red glitter by Julie, one is the color unpredictable by china glaze, and one is a homemade mix that is a shade that reminds me of orange sherbert push up pops.  I love all three, but the homemade one is my favorite, I love orange.  Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart for this surprise.  It was a great pick me up to help through hard times.  I hope you have a very merry Christmas as you have made mine a little brighter.  Thank you.
You are so welcome!!  I'm such a ninny -- as soon as I mailed it I realized I forgot to include a card.  Sorry!  Anyway, glad you liked the polishes; they weren't much.  I called my homemade polish "Orange Juice" but your description of "orange sherbet push up pops" is WAY better.  You should be an official polish namer.  :-D  You will love the Julie G matte texture (I hope) 'cause I sure do; it's a great little company.

Thanks for posting and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.  Mine is great so far -- my grown son is home and that's ALL I wanted.  But Santa Hubby did give me a few other things.  Take care!!

Eep! This is sitting in my draft editor because I forgot to click submit last night! I got in-person ninja'd (let's pretend that's a thing) by @DragonChick when we met up for me to pick up the West Coast nail polish box! I thought she had accidentally left something in the bag with the box before she handed it off to me, but that turned out to not be the case.

TWO kinds of peppermint (I love peppermint!), Illamasqua Viridian (I love deep emerald polish even more!), nail art stickers (chevrons, zigzags, and straight lines of varying widths!), and SHARK SOCKS! And clearly because we all know who is in charge of my life:
Thank you! I've actually been eyeing both the socks and the polish but hadn't bought either yet. And now I can get a warm and fuzzy feeling whenever I look at or wear either one because someone awesome gave them to me. And zigzags and chevrons! So much potential I don't know where to start! Yay! Thanks again!

I know it's not a Secret Santa but I got ninja'd by my boyfriend's mother this year.  She normally gives me awesome gifts but she knew how much I got into nails this year and she got me a package suited for this gift exchange.

I got nail wheels which I use to swatch my polishes, a ton of files including a crystal file and some small rhinestones in a whole bunch of sizes.  I don't own anything like it.  She also got me some acetone.  I was stoked because you can never have enough.  I am tickled pink she paid enough attention to my nail obsession. 

She also got me Out the Door top coat which I have never tried.  I also got China Glaze Full Spectrum, Ghoulish Glow (which I wanted but never bought) and Lubu Heels a pretty red glitter in a black base. 

My other gifts were amazing too but I was incredibly touched by these.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Eep! This is sitting in my draft editor because I forgot to click submit last night! I got in-person ninja'd (let's pretend that's a thing) by @DragonChick when we met up for me to pick up the West Coast nail polish box! I thought she had accidentally left something in the bag with the box before she handed it off to me, but that turned out to not be the case.

TWO kinds of peppermint (I love peppermint!), Illamasqua Viridian (I love deep emerald polish even more!), nail art stickers (chevrons, zigzags, and straight lines of varying widths!), and SHARK SOCKS!

And clearly because we all know who is in charge of my life:

Thank you! I've actually been eyeing both the socks and the polish but hadn't bought either yet. And now I can get a warm and fuzzy feeling whenever I look at or wear either one because someone awesome gave them to me. And zigzags and chevrons! So much potential I don't know where to start! Yay! Thanks again! OMG those are the most amazing socks ever.

TWO kinds of peppermint (I love peppermint!), Illamasqua Viridian (I love deep emerald polish even more!), nail art stickers (chevrons, zigzags, and straight lines of varying widths!), and SHARK SOCKS!

And clearly because we all know who is in charge of my life:

Thank you! I've actually been eyeing both the socks and the polish but hadn't bought either yet. And now I can get a warm and fuzzy feeling whenever I look at or wear either one because someone awesome gave them to me. And zigzags and chevrons! So much potential I don't know where to start! Yay! Thanks again! I concur, best, socks, ever. Where can I get those? lol. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OMG those are the most amazing socks ever.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sakura83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I concur, best, socks, ever. Where can I get those? lol. 
One of the greatest stores ever:  Sock Dreams.  Warning:  Very, *very* NSFW.  Not safe for wallets.  I can spend more money there than Sephora.  You want knee-high roller derby socks with "PUNK" and "ROCK" down the sides, tabi socks, Sriracha-print leggings, or crew socks that look like sharpened pencils, complete with erasers?  They've got you covered.

ETA basic law of socks:  If you see awesome socks on someone and want to know where they got them, Sock Dreams should be your very first stop.

One of the greatest stores ever:  Sock Dreams.  Warning:  Very, *very* NSFW.  Not safe for wallets.  I can spend more money there than Sephora.  You want knee-high roller derby socks with "PUNK" and "ROCK" down the sides, tabi socks, Sriracha-print leggings, or crew socks that look like sharpened pencils, complete with erasers?  They've got you covered.

ETA basic law of socks:  If you see awesome socks on someone and want to know where they got them, Sock Dreams should be your very first stop.

Yep!! I can not say enough good things about Sock Dreams. They also have arm warmers and leg warmers and gloves and the most eclectic selection of socks ever. But tell your wallet not to cry when you make it to the checkout process!

Latest posts

Back