(SPOILERS!) Secret Santa FOR NAILS 2013 Presents Revealed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Eep! This is sitting in my draft editor because I forgot to click submit last night! I got in-person ninja'd (let's pretend that's a thing) by @DragonChick when we met up for me to pick up the West Coast nail polish box! I thought she had accidentally left something in the bag with the box before she handed it off to me, but that turned out to not be the case.

TWO kinds of peppermint (I love peppermint!), Illamasqua Viridian (I love deep emerald polish even more!), nail art stickers (chevrons, zigzags, and straight lines of varying widths!), and SHARK SOCKS!

And clearly because we all know who is in charge of my life:

Thank you! I've actually been eyeing both the socks and the polish but hadn't bought either yet. And now I can get a warm and fuzzy feeling whenever I look at or wear either one because someone awesome gave them to me. And zigzags and chevrons! So much potential I don't know where to start! Yay! Thanks again!
Tee hee. I'm glad you loved everything!

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm going to post a list of names of people who I show haven't received their gifts as of yet - please keep in mind that I could have easily missed your post saying you got your package!  If you have received it, please post back saying you got it.  If you haven't gotten it yet, please either post in this thread or PM me, and I'll do my best to find out what's going on!

(Also, I do show that some of these packages are en route, but not yet delivered.  I'm posting them anyway, just to make it didn't get delivered while I wasn't looking!)

wrkreads

makeitupasigo

LyndaV

kawaiimeows

DragonChick

FunAtTheCircus

And of these six, I only show two with absolutely no shipping/tracking info.  Not bad, but I want to make sure I have everyone present and accounted for!
Also, if I somehow have you marked down as "delivered", but you haven't gotten a gift, please let me know!  

I didn't receive anything and PM'ed you two days ago.  Thanks!!  (Susan S.)

Quote: Originally Posted by wrkreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm so sad. I checked the shipping today, and stupid UPS changed the scheduled delivery to Dec 30! At least it fully cleared customs today. Boo, I was looking forward to opening it today.

What I don't understand is how did it go from the 24th to the 30th?  Why can't they deliver today or tomorrow or even Saturday???  Does the mail take off the whole week up there?

I saw a news article about UPS being completely backlogged by the holidays and weather.  The post office seems to be in normal shape though.  I will say that I've sent a lot of packages via post office and had no problems with any of them.

Also, for my friends waiting for gloves, I'm getting back into it tonight.  I had to take time off to make a couple of hats for the girls, a hat & mittens set for my niece and a hat for my grandbaby.  I'm starting on @DragonChick's tonight. 

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I saw a news article about UPS being completely backlogged by the holidays and weather.  The post office seems to be in normal shape though.  I will say that I've sent a lot of packages via post office and had no problems with any of them.

Also, for my friends waiting for gloves, I'm getting back into it tonight.  I had to take time off to make a couple of hats for the girls, a hat & mittens set for my niece and a hat for my grandbaby.  I'm starting on @DragonChick's tonight. 
LOL!  As I am reading this I look up and the advertisement on the right hand side is for the USPS.  /facepalm. 

Since it was sent UPS it took the exact amount of time they quoted to reach the boarder and get to customs.  Customs released it. Her package is sitting 4 hrs away from her as of end of day 12/23.  They up and changed the date to the following Monday.  How does that work?  Does it have to be sent in by pack mule???  It's my own Santa's fault he couldn't make it to the USPS before the closed in time to get it there by Christmas without spending the mortgage payment, however, if UPS would have told Santa that they would up and change the date for a whole week, Santa might have done something else.  He could have ordered her something else and had it delivered directly to her so she had at least something to open on Christmas.

I've read about backlogs and delays too.  Don't know if it's related but DH & I hardly got any Christmas cards this year, either.  Now that I think about it we've hardly gotten any other mail this past week!  But somehow the bills always arrive.  ;-)

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm going to post a list of names of people who I show haven't received their gifts as of yet - please keep in mind that I could have easily missed your post saying you got your package!  If you have received it, please post back saying you got it.  If you haven't gotten it yet, please either post in this thread or PM me, and I'll do my best to find out what's going on!

(Also, I do show that some of these packages are en route, but not yet delivered.  I'm posting them anyway, just to make it didn't get delivered while I wasn't looking!)

wrkreads

makeitupasigo

LyndaV

kawaiimeows

DragonChick

FunAtTheCircus

And of these six, I only show two with absolutely no shipping/tracking info.  Not bad, but I want to make sure I have everyone present and accounted for!
Also, if I somehow have you marked down as "delivered", but you haven't gotten a gift, please let me know!  

I didn't receive anything and PM'ed you two days ago.  Thanks!!  (Susan S.)

PM'ed you!  Sorry it took so long!

PM'ed you!  Sorry it took so long!
Thanks!  It is Christmas time and I'm sure you're busy.  And it's not a huge deal.  :-D

I'm so sad. I checked the shipping today, and stupid UPS changed the scheduled delivery to Dec 30! At least it fully cleared customs today. Boo, I was looking forward to opening it today.
It's on the truck!!!  Delivery for today!! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's on the truck!!!  Delivery for today!! 

Yay!! So excited. I have to work today, so it will make for a great excuse to take a break and open (I work from a home office), with reveal pics of course.

Yay!! So excited. I have to work today, so it will make for a great excuse to take a break and open (I work from a home office), with reveal pics of course.
I am so sorry it took so long.  They told me Santa it would be there before Christmas.  I am so nervous though.  Did anyone else get reveal anxiety???

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  LOL!  As I am reading this I look up and the advertisement on the right hand side is for the USPS.  /facepalm. 

Since it was sent UPS it took the exact amount of time they quoted to reach the boarder and get to customs.  Customs released it. Her package is sitting 4 hrs away from her as of end of day 12/23.  They up and changed the date to the following Monday.  How does that work?  Does it have to be sent in by pack mule???  It's my own Santa's fault he couldn't make it to the USPS before the closed in time to get it there by Christmas without spending the mortgage payment, however, if UPS would have told Santa that they would up and change the date for a whole week, Santa might have done something else.  He could have ordered her something else and had it delivered directly to her so she had at least something to open on Christmas.

Since it had to cross to the island, I'm pretty sure they had to locate a killer whale or seal to strap it to, not a pack mule, lol.

If they had to find the baby seal we saw at the beach this summer, that could explain it.

Since it had to cross to the island, I'm pretty sure they had to locate a killer whale or seal to strap it to, not a pack mule, lol.

If they had to find the baby seal we saw at the beach this summer, that could explain it.

OMG how cute!!!

I was wondering how amazing it was up there and this pretty much says it all!

I had the BEST Secret Santa EVER! Thank you, @DonnaD. I got the most beautiful handmade gloves I'd ever seen. They are black with beautiful buttons and fingerless so they make using those tech gadgets easy. I am blown away by the care and thoughtfulness that went into putting together my gift. Here is a list of my goodies: Black handmade gloves :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) A trio of Deborah Lippmann nail polishes - she's always a woman (My Prerogative, Putty in Your Hands, and Raspberry Beret (all very beautiful) SolarOil - my favorite cuticle oil Handcrafted Nail Polish by Laura Garret - it's a beautiful black with multi colored glitter specks and includes an attached keychain (now that is thoughtful) It came in a cute little green sache and there was a smarties candy pack tucked inside (adorable packaging). L'Oreal EverStyle strong hold styling spray - perfect because I always use spray The entire box contained a lovely smell from a Yankee Candle tart in the scent of Midnight Jasmine - beautiful scent and what a lovely idea to include it in the box. It made the whole box seem so magical. DonnaD - wow. Thank You just doesn't seem enough. Please know that this was one of my most favorite gifts this year! Blessings to you in the New Year 2014!!!

Quote:Originally Posted by StickyLips /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had the BEST Secret Santa EVER! Thank you, @DonnaD. I got the most beautiful handmade gloves I'd ever seen. They are black with beautiful buttons and fingerless so they make using those tech gadgets easy. I am blown away by the care and thoughtfulness that went into putting together my gift. Here is a list of my goodies:

Black handmade gloves
redface.gif
)
A trio of Deborah Lippmann nail polishes - she's always a woman (My Prerogative, Putty in Your Hands, and Raspberry Beret (all very beautiful)
SolarOil - my favorite cuticle oil
Handcrafted Nail Polish by Laura Garret - it's a beautiful black with multi colored glitter specks and includes an attached keychain (now that is thoughtful) It came in a cute little green sache and there was a smarties candy pack tucked inside (adorable packaging).
L'Oreal EverStyle strong hold styling spray - perfect because I always use spray
The entire box contained a lovely smell from a Yankee Candle tart in the scent of Midnight Jasmine - beautiful scent and what a lovely idea to include it in the box. It made the whole box seem so magical.

DonnaD - wow. Thank You just doesn't seem enough. Please know that this was one of my most favorite gifts this year! Blessings to you in the New Year 2014!!!

That was supposed to be a smiley!!!!

It came! Stupid UPS left the box on the step without ringing the bell or anything. I opened everything an it is awesome! I have to attend a meeting so I'll upload pics on my lunch break. Thanks so much [@]Christa W[/@]!

It came! Stupid UPS left the box on the step without ringing the bell or anything. I opened everything an it is awesome! I have to attend a meeting so I'll upload pics on my lunch break. Thanks so much @Christa W!
Never, ever using UPS for anything ever again!

Glad you liked it.  Can't wait for pics!!!

Time for my picture reveal:

Opening the box:

I'm missing a few pictures, but the first item on top of the mailbox was a postcard from sunny Florida. My SS is @Christa W, and she did a Florida beach theme. I love it, it's so fun and yet still festive. Living on a beach myself, I fully appreciate the theme, and her picks definitely helped me remember sun and fun during this gloomy grey winter. (Side note, we have sunshine today for the first time since Dec 23, so it's a great day, even before this awesomeness arrived.)

It's a mailbox! So cute! Everything was individually wrapped and stuffed into the mailbox.

Destroyed the wrapping, like normal. I have to teach my son how to do this, he is so slow and careful with unwrapping that it's painful.

My first KB Shimmer! I'm so excited about it. This is Sand in My Stocking, and it looks like such a fun mix.

Novel Nail Polish in Beach Party. I love the neon glitters.

Starrily in Sea Glass. This is a gorgeous flakie! I want to put it on right now! I missed out on the Starrily in the Dec ipsy bag, and now I'm not sad about it at all because this one is way cooler.

Winstonia stamping plate W-01. This is all sea animals, and is so cute! I don't know which one to start with.

A Santa building a sand castle ornament! Cuteness overload! Since we had to buy all new decorations this year because we didn't move any, this will be the first non-ball ornament on the tree.

Overall shot (not mentioned was the Keylime chocolate bar, which will be my afternoon snack today):

I love everything! I mentioned I wanted indie polishes, and I got some great ones to try. I love that there was a theme that was so personal to my SS. So grateful and loving everything!

Don't feel bad about the shipping issues, it was well worth the wait!

Time for my picture reveal:

Opening the box:

I'm missing a few pictures, but the first item on top of the mailbox was a postcard from sunny Florida. My SS is @Christa W, and she did a Florida beach theme. I love it, it's so fun and yet still festive. Living on a beach myself, I fully appreciate the theme, and her picks definitely helped me remember sun and fun during this gloomy grey winter. (Side note, we have sunshine today for the first time since Dec 23, so it's a great day, even before this awesomeness arrived.)

It's a mailbox! So cute! Everything was individually wrapped and stuffed into the mailbox.

Destroyed the wrapping, like normal. I have to teach my son how to do this, he is so slow and careful with unwrapping that it's painful.

My first KB Shimmer! I'm so excited about it. This is Sand in My Stocking, and it looks like such a fun mix.

Novel Nail Polish in Beach Party. I love the neon glitters.

Starrily in Sea Glass. This is a gorgeous flakie! I want to put it on right now! I missed out on the Starrily in the Dec ipsy bag, and now I'm not sad about it at all because this one is way cooler.

Winstonia stamping plate W-01. This is all sea animals, and is so cute! I don't know which one to start with.

A Santa building a sand castle ornament! Cuteness overload! Since we had to buy all new decorations this year because we didn't move any, this will be the first non-ball ornament on the tree.

Overall shot (not mentioned was the Keylime chocolate bar, which will be my afternoon snack today):

I love everything! I mentioned I wanted indie polishes, and I got some great ones to try. I love that there was a theme that was so personal to my SS. So grateful and loving everything!

Don't feel bad about the shipping issues, it was well worth the wait!
Beach party is a thermal BTW...

Back