*Spoilers* September 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I promised to post my opinions on the blue and pink leopard print scarves. I just received my leopard print scarves and I like them. They are pretty soft, but not super soft. They are gauze scarves, so still a tiny bit scratchy. I wouldn't use them for warmth, more for fashion. The blue scarf is more vividly blue than the pictures, and the pink scarf is more beige. Overall, very cute, and a nice accessory for the fall and spring. 

I promised to post my opinions on the blue and pink leopard print scarves. I just received my leopard print scarves and I like them. They are pretty soft, but not super soft. They are gauze scarves, so still a tiny bit scratchy. I wouldn't use them for warmth, more for fashion. The blue scarf is more vividly blue than the pictures, and the pink scarf is more beige. Overall, very cute, and a nice accessory for the fall and spring. 
Thx, I was able to snag one of each with my last two codes. 4 cards got me 3 scarfs and a pair of earrings for about $25 total. Not to bad. And I got rid of three codes I wouldn't use anyway. (g&g, charm & chain, and stichfix)

Quote: Originally Posted by hakau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi girls, 

Just wondering if any of you get your credit card compromise after shopping with Shoptiques?

I got my cc info stolen and the last website I shopped at is Shoptiques and Skip Hop (which is a reliable kid's product website). I'm trying to track where they got my info from

Thanksss
@hakau I just got notification today that my bankcard is compromised.  I can only assume that it was the Shoptiques site.  It's the only out of the ordinary place I shopped.  

@hakau  I just got notification today that my bankcard is compromised.  I can only assume that it was the Shoptiques site.  It's the only out of the ordinary place I shopped.  
Online is not the only place where your card can get compromised. I've been shopping online at dozens if not hundreds of places over more than fifteen years, and my info has been yoinked twice in that time. My dad never uses his card online out of fear of someone stealing his info, but he uses his card for just about everything else -- and he's the one who gets his info stolen repeatedly. Restaurants and bars are particularly notorious for this. ETA: There has also been a big increase in hackers attacking banks and credit card companies lately. They're not going after the companies you shop at. They're going after the companies that gave you the card to begin with. There was a huge ring attacking cc companies that was broken up several months ago after they got thousands of card numbers. Shortly afterwards, I got that second law-enforcement-is-investigating-fraud notice.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Online is not the only place where your card can get compromised. I've been shopping online at dozens if not hundreds of places over more than fifteen years, and my info has been yoinked twice in that time. My dad never uses his card online out of fear of someone stealing his info, but he uses his card for just about everything else -- and he's the one who gets his info stolen repeatedly. Restaurants and bars are particularly notorious for this.
I am completely aware of this.  As stated, it's the only out of the ordinary place I used it.  

It doesn't have to be anywhere out of the ordinary. I used my card to pay monthly on a hospital bill for over a year and then someone broke into their system and my card was compromised.

Quote: Originally Posted by melanie0971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It doesn't have to be anywhere out of the ordinary. I used my card to pay monthly on a hospital bill for over a year and then someone broke into their system and my card was compromised.
This is true, but because this card is only used for my subscription boxes, Scentsy, and for cashing in on those giftcards, it's quite easy to narrow it down.  Until I see other consultants complaining about compromised cards, or people on the other box areas complaining, I can only assume that myself and @hakau had ours compromised with Shoptiques.  

You all can take it as a warning and watch your cards closely, or not.  

I appreciate the warning. Since it's 2 of you that does make it suspicious. Maybe when I use my code I'll use my back up card so if there is a problem I won't have to change a whole lot. Did either of you contact Shoptiques? I know there is no proof but...

What happened? Coincidentally, I lost the cc I used for shoptiques, so just replaced it. But were there suspicious charges?

What happened? Coincidentally, I lost the cc I used for shoptiques, so just replaced it. But were there suspicious charges?
For me yes, the reason my bank called, the charges were coming through in Great Britain. I live in the states, my bank wanted to verify if they were mine, as they looked suspicious. One charge was for a shop called Tesco, and another was for a very large amount from a travel place. I am sad though, I won't have my new card for a week and my subscription boxes are set to charge soon, my husband is hesitant for me to use our main account. I may get one of those cards that you can put money on. As for contacting shoptiques, I have not. I only have assumption and suspicion.

Quote: Originally Posted by SonyaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by wurly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me yes, the reason my bank called, the charges were coming through in Great Britain. I live in the states, my bank wanted to verify if they were mine, as they looked suspicious. One charge was for a shop called Tesco, and another was for a very large amount from a travel place.

I am sad though, I won't have my new card for a week and my subscription boxes are set to charge soon, my husband is hesitant for me to use our main account. I may get one of those cards that you can put money on.

As for contacting shoptiques, I have not. I only have assumption and suspicion. That happened to me once (not with Shoptiques, but waiting for a new card when all my subs billed)...I was able to get all of them, but I got them later than everyone else because they had to bill me later :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> A big pain in the butt, sorry you're dealing with that!

Is anyone else's Barr & Co. diffuser being lame?

At first, I only poured half the liquid into the diffuser and put the reeds in it. I put it in my living room and within hours the scent was so strong I had to move it to my dining room. There it's lived since late September.

About two weeks ago I noticed I hadn't smelled it in forever. I did what the instructions said, turning the sticks over. I also poured the rest of the liquid into the diffuser. The smell picked up again for about a day, and now nothing.

I thought I was just getting used to the scent and not noticing it, but you how when that happens and you're away from your house for a long time and you come back and you smell it? Yep, did that and still can't smell it.

Quote: Originally Posted by SkeletonOfTrust /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At first, I only poured half the liquid into the diffuser and put the reeds in it. I put it in my living room and within hours the scent was so strong I had to move it to my dining room. There it's lived since late September.

About two weeks ago I noticed I hadn't smelled it in forever. I did what the instructions said, turning the sticks over. I also poured the rest of the liquid into the diffuser. The smell picked up again for about a day, and now nothing.

I thought I was just getting used to the scent and not noticing it, but you how when that happens and you're away from your house for a long time and you come back and you smell it? Yep, did that and still can't smell it.
Same.  Except switch your living room for my bathroom.  and your dining room for my living room.

And the funny thing is that I broke one (a diffuser) in my bathroom - thinking it was this one... and sadly it was actually my good one (I realized later)!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by SkeletonOfTrust /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yuppers. Suck too because at first it was really strong and I loved it!

It might help to buy more diffuser sticks. Sometimes they just get all full of oil and I think as they get older they lose their ability to absorb.

Back