SPOILERS: The August Birchboxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lovestarbrooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I L-O-V-E the face cleanser.....I love it so much that I'm kind of annoyed I blew all my points on a full size dermalogica mirofoliant a couple months ago lol. However, the DDF is better for the summer months for me b/c it kinda dries my skin a little and I need that inthe summer months because I tend to get a lil greazy Italian when it's hot, ya dig? Lol apologies in advance for the greazy Italian comment girls but I speak the truth...I'm Italian and I get prettttttyy greasy in the summer!
Haha! I never made the greazy + Italian connection until just right now. I have terribly oily skin and conveniently come from Italian background. Hmmmm. Pizza anyone?

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lovestarbrooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL yes me too. I wouldn't for say, an office memo (if I actually worked in an office). I think BB is trying to give that vibe, like they are your girlfriend. I agree though, that it would annoy me too if I got xoxo with a not so great customer service response.
Now it just reminds me of Gossip Girl!

You know you love me.

XOXO,

Birchbox

That's what I was thinking Molly. Maybe they "have" to sign like that after doing the Gossip Girl box. Maybe the lead of the CS dept. mandated it. Lol

I have a question for anyone who got the Talika eyelash growth serum thing. Mine just had a doe foot applicator, but on the instructions it said to use the doe foot first and then the mascara brush over your lashes... Not sure if mine is defective or what. 

I have a question for anyone who got the Talika eyelash growth serum thing. Mine just had a doe foot applicator, but on the instructions it said to use the doe foot first and then the mascara brush over your lashes... Not sure if mine is defective or what. 
yes, I got the same applicator, seems like this is the one they give out for the samples. Its stupid, but even though its a pain to use, the serum does work. I am noticing the difference and its been less than a week. I plan om getting the fullsize when I get my next 20% off coupon.

I'm so sorry you are so allergic to them!! Did you look at the ingredient list and try to pinpoint which ingredient it was so you can avoid it again in the future? My sister is allergic to neosporin. So random. This was the response I got from them. Hi Molly, Thanks for reaching out. So sorry for the confusion! What is listed in your account is the full size option to buy, the card is the sample version that you were supposed to receive. Please let me know if I can assist further :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   It's $44 for one fluid oz of foundation. No wonder they sent out those tiny samples...
I still think they were being deceptive. They show a sample tube and given what others got in the other boxes (full size eyeliner, 2oz cleanser, blush, etc), I think they should've sent a tube instead of a crummy carded sample. This box stunk! As far as my allergic reaction to the self Tanner, I could've sworn I had used these before and never had a problem. But this time I broke out everywhere I used the wipes. I guess I could've use the stila sample to cover up the red blotches I have.

Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what I was thinking Molly. Maybe they "have" to sign like that after doing the Gossip Girl box. Maybe the lead of the CS dept. mandated it. Lol
Ha. I can only imagine that email!!

"we will now be signing all emails like we are 13 year old girls who watch Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars!"

Originally Posted by kalmekrzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still think they were being deceptive. They show a sample tube and given what others got in the other boxes (full size eyeliner, 2oz cleanser, blush, etc), I think they should've sent a tube instead of a crummy carded sample. This box stunk! As far as my allergic reaction to the self Tanner, I could've sworn I had used these before and never had a problem. But this time I broke out everywhere I used the wipes. I guess I could've use the stila sample to cover up the red blotches I have.
Haha, I like your attitude about using the Stila to cover your reaction. Too bad the Stila sample was tiny. How's your skin doing today?

I've decided that the Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls sample reminds me greatly of my Clean(brand) Warm Cotton perfume. This is a REALLY GOOD thing. So it smells like fresh laundry.

A lot of the Miss Jessie's products I've tried in the past have smelled terrible/worked great... including my favourite, their Super Sweetback Treatment(which smells like flea shampoo).

Much happier with the Pillow Soft Curls stuff.

I adore the Pillow Soft Curls. It literally gives me pillow soft bouncy curls. Amazing!

While the cleanser has been okay, it's nothing special so far. I'm using it and hoping the brightening effects come with time, however I DESPISE the smell. Hate the smell so much.

I got my box today (Box 37). Definitely not excited about it, but I am happy that the cleanser is so huge - it's 4.5 oz, more than half the size of the full size. I'm still bummed that I got the stupid Larabar instead of the razor.

DDF Brightening Cleanser: like I said, huge sample. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds nice. 

LiQWD Professional Volumizing Catalyst: I like the sample packaging. It promises to add body and volume to hair...I don't really need body and volume, but I will try it and maybe the moisturizing benefits will at least do something for me. It smells nice. Probably a good product, just not for my needs. I've heard good things about the brand.

Dr. Jart + Waterfuse Beauty Balm: I already know I love this. I'm sad it's the tiny sample size like the first time BB sent it out, though. Hopefully I'll get at least a full use out of it.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur - it smells pretty nice. I'd never buy it, florals aren't my thing, they just don't suit me. But it definitely smells good.

Larabar Uber: BLAH. 

So, yeah. Not regretting canceling at this point (for the time being...I'm sure I'll be back). At least the cleanser alone makes the box worth it for me.

I got this same box and felt the exact same way. I was mad about the larabar and not the razor. I think the cleanser does make up for what I thought was a cruddy box. The liqwd and dr jart are something I at least want to try.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today (Box 37). Definitely not excited about it, but I am happy that the cleanser is so huge - it's 4.5 oz, more than half the size of the full size. I'm still bummed that I got the stupid Larabar instead of the razor.

DDF Brightening Cleanser: like I said, huge sample. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds nice. 

LiQWD Professional Volumizing Catalyst: I like the sample packaging. It promises to add body and volume to hair...I don't really need body and volume, but I will try it and maybe the moisturizing benefits will at least do something for me. It smells nice. Probably a good product, just not for my needs. I've heard good things about the brand.

Dr. Jart + Waterfuse Beauty Balm: I already know I love this. I'm sad it's the tiny sample size like the first time BB sent it out, though. Hopefully I'll get at least a full use out of it.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur - it smells pretty nice. I'd never buy it, florals aren't my thing, they just don't suit me. But it definitely smells good.

Larabar Uber: BLAH. 

So, yeah. Not regretting canceling at this point (for the time being...I'm sure I'll be back). At least the cleanser alone makes the box worth it for me.

anyone else think the DDF cleanser smells like black licorice?

It's not bad... just strange. 

Originally Posted by karenX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A little bit...I don't think the cleanser smells GOOD, but luckily the scent doesn't bother me.

anyone else think the DDF cleanser smells like black licorice? It's not bad... just strange. 
A little bit...I don't think the cleanser smells GOOD, but luckily the scent doesn't bother me.
I thought I read somewhere that one of the ingredients in the DDF cleanser is black licorice or licorice root. That is why it smells weird.

Originally Posted by karenX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I absolutely HATE the smell of that cleanser. It's working fine but the smell is bad. I can't place it exactly. I do hate black licorice so maybe that's it!

I can't believe they substituted the razor for a Larabar! Thankfully, I got the razor, but I would be super upset if I got the bar instead. I was thinking everyone would get the razors, but I guess not. :/

The DDF cleanser smell is growing on me. It def has licorice root in it. It reminds me of Good 'n Plentys! Aw man....now I want some lol. Edited to fix my stupid auto correct

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't believe they substituted the razor for a Larabar! Thankfully, I got the razor, but I would be super upset if I got the bar instead. I was thinking everyone would get the razors, but I guess not. :/
they should have had enough razors to go around and if not, choose an appropriate substitute and not a food product 
madno.gif

My box finally came and it's missing one of the tanning item (not the two stupid wipes but that other item). No skin off my nose since I won't use it but still it was missing.

For anyone interested in the razor refills cvs has 4$ back in register rewards for it plus ur 4$ coupn saving 8$ :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hope this helps!

Back