SPOILERS: The August Birchboxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also does anyone know if the miss jessies products are only for people with naturally curly hair?
It depends on the product (and your hair). My hair is stick straight and I love the Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo and can use the Creme de la Creme conditioner occassionally (but that is because my hair doesn't like too much protein, not because it is straight)

My original box:

The box they now say they are sending:

Quite a comedown! 

The only thing that I could remotely like is the lotion. But I'm sure it will be the 

pom scent and not almond. They go from the $2 (each) nail polish remover wipes

to a $5 pack of pre-moistened q-tips??? The cleanser, I don't experiment much

with cleanser, so thanks! Perfume--yuck, I hate Juicy. The razor? I can't shave

my legs with razors with giant, padded blades. I would have been less POed if

they hadn't offered the better box first. Do they send the better boxes to those

who've bought things? I was saving my points and planned on buying something

next month, but spending $10 to get $5 off isn't saving anything, unless you 

are getting things you like/use with the $10. I won't have 200 points this month, but

would have next month.

Originally Posted by Anneke V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Box 14 arrived yesterday. The Blue Copper sample is a nice size and I like the product. A lot of the skin samples I've received have been too irritating for me to use.

I feel like there was very little in the box... it just seemed empty. The hand soap - maybe 2 handwashes per packet. IDK - not exciting. The perfume..well, I'll use it but it is pretty small. Also I put in on 2 hours ago and I think the scent has completely faded already.

I got the Q-tips, but in the lip version (I think it is full size) but this is one of those products I don't understand. Why would I pay $5 for an inconvient form of lipbalm? It's so much more expensive than blistex or whatever and takes up more space and only has 24 applications. It's pretty oily too. I'm mystified by the product (much as I was by the Tili bags - who would buy them?). I would say I am "meh" on the box. Last months was certainly better for me.
i compared box sizes (july & aug) and this months is shaped differently so the razor would fit..  i felt mine seemed empty too, but i think thats why............

Just got my box, pretty happy with it actually. Got the Stila Liner...in Stargazer, I think?! That made the box worth it. I'm sorry that many of you weren't so happy with the boxes this month, but let's hope that makes the next box extra great for you. This is my first BB with a big ticket item in it...but I still got to try some cool items from the other boxes.

Box 4 arrived for me yesterday. I was really happy with it, compared to the other boxes I've seen.

I *love* the cleanser. It's fantastic 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

The Pomegranate body butter is actually not bad at all. I'm not normally into pomegranate scents. They tend to be overwhelmingly fruity. This one was very softly scented, and the texture of the butter was great!

I'm not really a fan of Juicy, but the floral tester wasn't bad. I could see myself at least using the sample, though I doubt seriously that I'd ever buy it. The razor seems nice. I usually use Venus Embrace, and am VERY loyal to it. Probably won't switch, but I haven't tried the new razor yet, so we'll see. 

I already know and like Miss Jessie's products. I received 2 of the big Pillow Soft Curls package samples. I'll definitely use them.

All in all, not a bad month for me.

Also had two friends sign up this month on my recommendation. VERY relieved to see that they both got pretty decent boxes, and seem super happy with what they got. I had been worried. 
patches.gif

Originally Posted by karenX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also had two friends sign up this month on my recommendation. VERY relieved to see that they both got pretty decent boxes, and seem super happy with what they got. I had been worried. 
patches.gif
It's like when you really want to introduce someone to your favorite TV show, and you're so worried about if they like it or not that you don't even hear what the actors are saying!

I received box #22 and my perfume sample was missing the spray top.  It fell out of the card when I picked it up and there was no sprayer in the paper it was wrapped in.  I emailed them and hopefully will get a response soon.  Why do they send things out like that?  Whomever is packing the boxes should have noticed that it was missing since it would have fallen out for them too.  Just aggravating.

How are y'all figuring out what Box # you are receiving?  My box had the razor, Oribe shampoo samples, Joeur lipgloss, Juicy perfume, and that's about it.  Disappointed!  The lipgloss is tiny.  The BB were pretty good up until now.  Any ideas how to jazz the boxes up??

My box didn't have the shaver, I got a larabar instead but my husband stole it lol

Originally Posted by Jacinta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks!  I did not know that.  I sure hope so.  I think I will send them an email just in case!
icon_wink.gif
I got the carded samples as well and I emailed them about it. What was their response to your email? 

I sure hope I don't get their "so sorry" email like I did when I sent them an email about the self tanners I received in my other box. Everywhere that  I applied the self tanner, I had A SEVERE allergic reaction and broke out in hives. They were horrible. I sent an email to Birchbox and they replied with a "so sorry" type of email. I told them how incredibly disappointed I was in this month's box. They are nothing but foil packets that I can get for free. And their response was that they were better because they saved me a trip to the store where I could receive free samples. 

And now they send a carded Stilia sample instead of the tube that was pictured. It's ridiculous. Their customer service is not the greatest. Two companies that I have had a fantastic customer service from was Sample Society (they sent a brand new tube of mascara when the one I got was dried up) and Conscious Box, they sent a sample of a Wellita(?) product when I didn't get one in my box.   I'm going to have to seriously think about what sample boxes to keep. Birchbox struck out with both boxes this month.

Originally Posted by kalmekrzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the carded samples as well and I emailed them about it. What was their response to your email? 

I sure hope I don't get their "so sorry" email like I did when I sent them an email about the self tanners I received in my other box. Everywhere that  I applied the self tanner, I had A SEVERE allergic reaction and broke out in hives. They were horrible. I sent an email to Birchbox and they replied with a "so sorry" type of email. I told them how incredibly disappointed I was in this month's box. They are nothing but foil packets that I can get for free. And their response was that they were better because they saved me a trip to the store where I could receive free samples. 

And now they send a carded Stilia sample instead of the tube that was pictured. It's ridiculous. Their customer service is not the greatest. Two companies that I have had a fantastic customer service from was Sample Society (they sent a brand new tube of mascara when the one I got was dried up) and Conscious Box, they sent a sample of a Wellita(?) product when I didn't get one in my box.   I'm going to have to seriously think about what sample boxes to keep. Birchbox struck out with both boxes this month.
I'm so sorry you are so allergic to them!! Did you look at the ingredient list and try to pinpoint which ingredient it was so you can avoid it again in the future? My sister is allergic to neosporin. So random.

This was the response I got from them.

Hi Molly,

Thanks for reaching out. So sorry for the confusion! What is listed in your account is the full size option to buy, the card is the sample version that you were supposed to receive.

Please let me know if I can assist further :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's $44 for one fluid oz of foundation. No wonder they sent out those tiny samples...

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Molly,

Thanks for reaching out. So sorry for the confusion! What is listed in your account is the full size option to buy, the card is the sample version that you were supposed to receive.

Please let me know if I can assist further :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's $44 for one fluid oz of foundation. No wonder they sent out those tiny samples...
At least they didn't XOXOXOX you.  I wonder sometimes if I'm the only person who finds the way BB answers emails to be really grating.  It's like a grown-ass woman who dots her "i"s with hearts.  (Apologies in advance to anyone who does this)

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At least they didn't XOXOXOX you.  I wonder sometimes if I'm the only person who finds the way BB answers emails to be really grating.  It's like a grown-ass woman who dots her "i"s with hearts.  (Apologies in advance to anyone who does this)
oh no, she xo'ed me. but only one and only in lowercase letters, which somehow makes it a little bit better??

i got box 34 today..  LOVE IT!  think it may be my fave so far...  i love everything in it...  and the ddf face cleanser is a huge 2 oz!!!!
I L-O-V-E the face cleanser.....I love it so much that I'm kind of annoyed I blew all my points on a full size dermalogica mirofoliant a couple months ago lol. However, the DDF is better for the summer months for me b/c it kinda dries my skin a little and I need that inthe summer months because I tend to get a lil greazy Italian when it's hot, ya dig? Lol apologies in advance for the greazy Italian comment girls but I speak the truth...I'm Italian and I get prettttttyy greasy in the summer!

Hahaha I'm 32 years old and I still sign with x's and o's and dot i's with hearts! I should probably stop lol.

Originally Posted by lovestarbrooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hahaha I'm 32 years old and I still sign with x's and o's and dot i's with hearts! I should probably stop lol.
LOL I do too--like with my girlfriends!  

LOL I do too--like with my girlfriends!  
LOL yes me too. I wouldn't for say, an office memo (if I actually worked in an office). I think BB is trying to give that vibe, like they are your girlfriend. I agree though, that it would annoy me too if I got xoxo with a not so great customer service response.

Originally Posted by lovestarbrooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL yes me too. I wouldn't for say, an office memo (if I actually worked in an office). I think BB is trying to give that vibe, like they are your girlfriend. I agree though, that it would annoy me too if I got xoxo with a not so great customer service response.
Now it just reminds me of Gossip Girl!

You know you love me.

XOXO,

Birchbox

Back