SPOILERS: The August Birchboxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so out of boredom, i went to the @birchboxops twitter page to tell them about a product missing from my box, and i see that most of their responses were " so sorry your disappointed. DM us your email or send us an email to [email protected], we'd love to help!"  https://twitter.com/BirchboxOps

*it should be "you're" and not "your". one of my top grammar pet peeves*

i am glad that i am in the minority that actually likes their box this month but i suppose that bb will have to do major damage control this month.  i am expecting big things next month since their two year anniversary is in september
Ooh I didn't know it was their two year anniversary! That's exciting! I'm sure they'll do something special for that. 

Also, that's a huge pet peeve of mine as well. It bugs me even more when companies or advertisers flub that up. 

I cancelled after four months and resubscribed for the next. I don't think I was on the wait list for that. It is interesting, though...I wonder what changed the second time around?
I'm thinking they're trying not to lose you again, since it happened in at least two cases.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so out of boredom, i went to the @birchboxops twitter page to tell them about a product missing from my box, and i see that most of their responses were " so sorry your disappointed. DM us your email or send us an email to [email protected], we'd love to help!"  https://twitter.com/BirchboxOps

*it should be "you're" and not "your". one of my top grammar pet peeves*

i am glad that i am in the minority that actually likes their box this month but i suppose that bb will have to do major damage control this month.  i am expecting big things next month since their two year anniversary is in september
Hopefully you're right.  And p.s--one of my biggest grammar pet peeves too!!!!

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking they're trying not to lose you again, since it happened in at least two cases.
I doubt they'd be too concerned about losing a subscriber, seeing as how the wait list is 4 weeks long. 

Originally Posted by AthenaBolina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just posted this above...it's box #34.  I'm getting it too.  So excited to try the blush!!
 Yay, box twins!!! I am stoked to try the blush too! I'm also itching to find out what is making it so heavy--it weighs .7010! I know that heavier does not equal better, but I'm pretty happy with this month.

i got box 34 today..  LOVE IT!  think it may be my fave so far...  i love everything in it...  and the ddf face cleanser is a huge 2 oz!!!!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love Juicy perfumes.. I find them fun, flirty, and fruity lol. I always get complimented when I wear them.
i do too! i personally love perfume samples...  i love stashing them in all my bags, coat pockets, etc...  i love having a fragrance handy .....always!
roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i do too! i personally love perfume samples...  i love stashing them in all my bags, coat pockets, etc...  i love having a fragrance handy .....always!
roflmao.gif
Yep, same here! I also always carry a small lotion with me, perfumed and plain. That way I can keep my hands moisturized and use the perfumed lotion to dab some scent onto my skin if my testers run empty!

I got Box 2 and it's seriously disappointing!!  This only my second month so I hope it'll get better.  I could have done without the razor and the neither the hair oil or the lotion are samples I am interested in-- plus they are both so small, maybe one time use for both!  The only good thing is the mascara.  I just edited my profile on the birchbox site and will wait and see for next month.  I'm jealous of all the great stuff other people got.  It really seems like my box was one of the worst ones!

Originally Posted by angelacmoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Box 2 and it's seriously disappointing!!  This only my second month so I hope it'll get better.  I could have done without the razor and the neither the hair oil or the lotion are samples I am interested in-- plus they are both so small, maybe one time use for both!  The only good thing is the mascara.  I just edited my profile on the birchbox site and will wait and see for next month.  I'm jealous of all the great stuff other people got.  It really seems like my box was one of the worst ones!
I thought your box was pretty neat; I secretly hoped to get some Shu Umera, but didn't. Stick around and give it a trial run. It seems a lot of ladies were underwhelmed this month.

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i got box 34 today..  LOVE IT!  think it may be my fave so far...  i love everything in it...  and the ddf face cleanser is a huge 2 oz!!!!

Thanks for sharing the size of the cleanser, since I am getting it in a trade I was wondering about that. The Miss Jessies I am trading for it is also 2 oz, so it works out perfectly!

I'm so annoyed that I got the stretch mark cream because nothing ever works on my stretch marks. Its too bad cause its a pretty good size! Anyone willing to trade for the DDF cleanser or any Pixi products?

Also does anyone know if the miss jessies products are only for people with naturally curly hair?

Box 14 arrived yesterday. The Blue Copper sample is a nice size and I like the product. A lot of the skin samples I've received have been too irritating for me to use.

I feel like there was very little in the box... it just seemed empty. The hand soap - maybe 2 handwashes per packet. IDK - not exciting. The perfume..well, I'll use it but it is pretty small. Also I put in on 2 hours ago and I think the scent has completely faded already.

I got the Q-tips, but in the lip version (I think it is full size) but this is one of those products I don't understand. Why would I pay $5 for an inconvient form of lipbalm? It's so much more expensive than blistex or whatever and takes up more space and only has 24 applications. It's pretty oily too. I'm mystified by the product (much as I was by the Tili bags - who would buy them?). I would say I am "meh" on the box. Last months was certainly better for me.

Hello! I am new to Birchbox. This is my 1st box and  I got box #5 this time. https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/august2012/august12box5

This box included the razor, Juicy perfume sample, soap sample, yu-be sample and eyeliner (seems a little light compared to other "reviews" I am reading by other bloggers/users). Womp, womp.

Did anyone get the Stila eyeliner? Do you have issues "twisting up" your eyeliner? I used mine this morning but can't get it to twist up to get more product up. 

Originally Posted by jamiestarlynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello! I am new to Birchbox. This is my 1st box and  I got box #5 this time. https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/august2012/august12box5

This box included the razor, Juicy perfume sample, soap sample, yu-be sample and eyeliner (seems a little light compared to other "reviews" I am reading by other bloggers/users). Womp, womp.

Did anyone get the Stila eyeliner? Do you have issues "twisting up" your eyeliner? I used mine this morning but can't get it to twist up to get more product up. 
That's a 20 dollar eyeliner, so its a pretty good box, actually. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's a 20 dollar eyeliner, so its a pretty good box, actually. 
It's not worth $20 if I am only able to use the very tip that is showing out of the factory. I can't get it to twist up, it just clicks and doesn't push any more product out. Was wondering if any other subscribers had this same issue?

Originally Posted by jamiestarlynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not worth $20 if I am only able to use the very tip that is showing out of the factory. I can't get it to twist up, it just clicks and doesn't push any more product out. Was wondering if any other subscribers had this same issue?
If it's defective, contact BB and see about a replacement.

Back