Spring 2013 Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a mystery box with my Valentine's Day gift card.  What do y'all think the mystery color might be?  What's a good spring color that goes with EVERYTHING?
I keep thinking its going to be Jennifer, but they just had a promo for the Oscars for that color!

I wonder if the $25 is justified by a raise in box value,they are now promising $70-$200 worth of product. It used to be $60 minimum but was the max still $200? I never got a box above the stated minimum value, but I did get burned last summer on a box that was less than the minimum and haven't bought one since. I'm curious bc I need some spring polishes right about now.

70/14=5 polishes so maybe some people will get that and others with a higher box value will get other products as well.

I keep thinking its going to be Jennifer, but they just had a promo for the Oscars for that color!
Yeah I don't think so. They said it would be a new color. I had gotten Jennifer in my feb mystery box. Then again by my mistake in reordering it with that coupon. I'm hoping its something that we all love.

i'm debating ordering one. i hope kelly, penelope or alicia are in it. as my collection is growing, i feel almost silly getting a mystery box since i'm doomed to get dupes. also, being picky, it's likely i'll be disappointed.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm debating ordering one. i hope kelly, penelope or alicia are in it. as my collection is growing, i feel almost silly getting a mystery box since i'm doomed to get dupes. also, being picky, it's likely i'll be disappointed.
THIS.  But I did it anyway. 
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by mscuracchio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I don't think so. They said it would be a new color. I had gotten Jennifer in my feb mystery box. Then again by my mistake in reordering it with that coupon. I'm hoping its something that we all love.
You're right, I read the announcement wrong. I thought they were announcing a new mystery color, and another color that would go with anything. What on earth are they going to release? I wonder if this box is going to be beauty-item heavy to sort of celebrate the new Modern Beauty boxes.

Originally Posted by Krendall /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just bought a mystery box with my Valentine's Day gift card.  What do y'all think the mystery color might be?  What's a good spring color that goes with EVERYTHING?
My guess will be some kind of cream/off white color.  Maybe even white.  I won't be getting the mystery box this time.  My nail polish addiction expanded into a subscription box addiction.. There went all my expendable $$!

Does anyone know what three colors are in the add-on set for the mystery box?

To me it looks like either Gloria or Teri, Amy and Jennifer. It wouldn't give me any details so I decided to chance it and get it (3 polishes for $12 not bad)

If the colors are what I think they are then they are all dupes for me but I am sure the girls in my family will love them.

what?! they raised all the prices for the add-ons- granted the trio is $12 and not $14.99, but the individuals are $5.99 instead of $4.99.

So I have no self control, will power  or restraint what I'm trying to say is I gave in an got a mystery bag lol.

what?! they raised all the prices for the add-ons- granted the trio is $12 and not $14.99, but the individuals are $5.99 instead of $4.99.
Yeah, I noticed that too, and I never remember them having any add-ons when you purchased a mystery bag.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where are the add-ons? I don't see an option.
When you are checking out you see them.

Skipped the add-ons since they raised the price, but couldn't resist ordering the mystery box! Looking forward to seeing if it's worth the extra money!

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My guess will be some kind of cream/off white color.  Maybe even white.  I won't be getting the mystery box this time.  My nail polish addiction expanded into a subscription box addiction.. There went all my expendable $$!
Ew, I hope not white!  I have no clue either, but it must be neutral if it goes with everything!

Ugh caved in, felt shitty so I bought it to make me happy. At least I used the gift card. My reasoning is that I don't have that many spring colors from julep so hopefully I won't get dupes.

Back