Spring 2013 Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol someone really needs to fix that misspelled emoticon. It bugs the crap out of me!
holy shit. I never even noticed it 0.0 now thats all I'm gonna see when I look at it.

Received my box today.

This is Box Version 7. 

Colors from L - R:
Marie (Rock Candy Nail Glaze - Lilac shade)
Camille (Opalescent Glitter)
Sarah (Coral/Red Glitter)
Sienna (Shimmery Gold)

I know it's kind of a crap shoot (hence the "Mystery Box" idea), but I'm bummed because I already own Sarah and have TWO bottles of Sienna.  I emailed them to see if they would let me swap...can't hurt to ask! 

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Received my box today.

This is Box Version 7. 

Colors from L - R:

Marie (Rock Candy Nail Glaze - Lilac shade)

Camille (Opalescent Glitter)

Sarah (Coral/Red Glitter)

Sienna (Shimmery Gold)

I know it's kind of a crap shoot (hence the "Mystery Box" idea), but I'm bummed because I already own Sarah and have TWO bottles of Sienna.  I emailed them to see if they would let me swap...can't hurt to ask! 

This is the box I received earlier this week.

I'm amused that they're including some of the Rock Candy jellies in the mystery boxes since they're not available on their site yet. But... the label for Marie lists it as "American Beauty", so I'm guessing they're offloading stock that mentions a maven style that they're no longer offering.

Sienna's a dupe for me, but I'm still happy with everything else I received.

This is the box I received earlier this week.
I'm amused that they're including some of the Rock Candy jellies in the mystery boxes since they're not available on their site yet. But... the label for Marie lists it as "American Beauty", so I'm guessing they're offloading stock that mentions a maven style that they're no longer offering. Sienna's a dupe for me, but I'm still happy with everything else I received.
I agree, seems like these mystery boxes (no matter which company) are all about dumping old inventory. I get it, smart idea for them. Just hate feeling like a sucker...yet I keep buying them! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

you know, i said so recently on one of the threads that i don't wear purples except for the pastel kind. i also said i definitely did not want camille. then, i saw someone wearing a purple manicure, perhaps somewhere between china glaze's spontaneous and zoya's malia, with just the tiniest bit of clear glitter over it, and now i'm obsessed. totally wishing i had julep's camille.

I am really loving Camille.  I feel that's a polish that makes every polish you put it on better.  I had on Teri, which I wasn't really liking, and put Camille on top and made it a pretty color.

Originally Posted by avonleabelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am really loving Camille.  I feel that's a polish that makes every polish you put it on better.  I had on Teri, which I wasn't really liking, and put Camille on top and made it a pretty color.
I haven't used mine yet, but I am looking forward to it!  And I totally agree-glitter makes everything better =)

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree, seems like these mystery boxes (no matter which company) are all about dumping old inventory. I get it, smart idea for them. Just hate feeling like a sucker...yet I keep buying them!
smile.gif
In this case I can't complain..except for when they decide to do the Rock Candy polishes for a monthly theme, and the possibility of a dupe. I was surprised that they would include a fairly new item that isn't available on their website yet, but after noticing the label I understand why. And personally I don't care what the"theme name" on the label says, I just find it amusing that they're doing this.

So I still haven't received my Spring mystery box. I wrote to them  and I was told they would reship it, I got a tracking but no tracking number. Again I wrote to them and they said they would reship it to expect tracking the next day. After almost a week  I wrote back and was told the shipping company could not print a shipping label and that they would not be able to ship one because they were out of inventory. I was offered my money back and 750 Jules or another Sea Salt mystery box. I'm happy with what I was offered but I kinda wanted the box since I was waiting on it for so long.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I still haven't received my Spring mystery box. I wrote to them  and I was told they would reship it, I got a tracking but no tracking number. Again I wrote to them and they said they would reship it to expect tracking the next day. After almost a week  I wrote back and was told the shipping company could not print a shipping label and that they would not be able to ship one because they were out of inventory. I was offered my money back and 750 Jules or another Sea Salt mystery box. I'm happy with what I was offered but I kinda wanted the box since I was waiting on it for so long.
that's awful. i'm sorry that your order got lost and messed up

Back