Spring 2013 Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw the email today. i'm also kinda glad they raised the price because now i'm not tempted, i was afraid I would cave because I'm in spring color craze. it's weird that 20 to 25 is where my brain goes 'eh' lol. i've only gotten the new years box and I actually thought that one was a great value with some pretty colors.

the no minimum polishes and their announcements of beauty products makes me think this is not gonna be a nail polish mystery box...i think it may be a julep brand mystery box to get people talking and trying out their beauty stuff. although I also think IF they do go that route some people will be annoyed for not making it clear

Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

saw the email today. i'm also kinda glad they raised the price because now i'm not tempted, i was afraid I would cave because I'm in spring color craze. it's weird that 20 to 25 is where my brain goes 'eh' lol. i've only gotten the new years box and I actually thought that one was a great value with some pretty colors.

the no minimum polishes and their announcements of beauty products makes me think this is not gonna be a nail polish mystery box...i think it may be a julep brand mystery box to get people talking and trying out their beauty stuff. although I also think IF they do go that route some people will be annoyed for not making it clear
I was thinking the same that this box may have more product. As for people they will always find a way to complain. I think it was interesting that they didn't offer the no polish overlap, if you order more than one box like they did with the Valentines day mystery box. I remember reading all the complains over people getting dupes and  not getting the free polish certificate. I bet they just wanted to save themselves the headaches.

The new mystery polish that goes with everything will be a completely clear color.  
stupidme.gif

(I'm just kidding.  Its my way to prevent myself from buying.)

The new mystery polish that goes with everything will be a completely clear color.  
stupidme.gif
Maybe it will be a special effects top coat like Shine of the Times. I'd just die if it were clear!

Maybe it'll be a nude-ish holo!  I'm seriously dying for a holo, but i WANT GINGER, and it's not in stock!!!!!

I got my shipping notice too, I am wondering if we will be getting more beauty products and less polishes... We will see in three days! 

Originally Posted by an9el3md /img/forum/go_quote.gif

stupidme.gif

lmao guess I'll go with that too! and the price increase XD

My guess will be some kind of cream/off white color.  Maybe even white.  I won't be getting the mystery box this time.  My nail polish addiction expanded into a subscription box addiction.. There went all my expendable $$!
Same here! I don't know what happened but I found Julep which led me to all the other subs. Now I have BB and GB. It's going to quickly become a problem for my wallet.

Skipping! I have a lot of Julep polishes still wrapped, waiting to be used! I'm hoping the April box is amazing, I'm hoping to upgrade this month!

i got my tracking info today as well - the label still needs to get updated but usually by that time its already here LOL.

Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe it'll be a nude-ish holo!  I'm seriously dying for a holo, but i WANT GINGER, and it's not in stock!!!!!
I don't understand why Ginger is showing out of stock, but they still have the February Bombshell box available.

Originally Posted by Krendall /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't understand why Ginger is showing out of stock, but they still have the February Bombshell box available.
that seems to happen often. i keep checking for oscar; it's now available in the new it girl intro box. similarly, i've been stalking robin, and that's been in a few add on options recently as well as in another new intro box.

Susie (which I've been lusting after and just haven't gotten around to buying) was OOS for like 1-2 months, and they kept having it as an item in the secret store + other things. I was so many for a long time because of it guh

Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am waiting for Ginger, too!

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am waiting for Ginger, too!
You should check ebay, I've gotten colors that are out of stock there pretty cheap.

I wonder if they are going to attempt to raise prices on monthly boxes? It seems they have everywhere else.

Also, for those of you mentioning the price increase on add-ons did the price using jules go up as well?

Back