Starlooks February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have any other Starlooks products? If not, I would say the green Gem liner, Puzzy Tendergloss, and the pink gel liner. These were all sent out in boxes (January, February, and October), so the chance of them showing up in a future box is reduced.

Thanks. I've been with them since December. I got puzzy last month and I love it! 

Yay I finnaly got my box! However, I am a little dissapointed. I received the one box that was sent out on time.
Mine didn't come with a card either. Idk, it seems like my box had something else in it and then they switched it out even after I waited for the box to arrive late. I was actually looking forward to the one of the other cream shadows too. My skin is too light to wear Hologram. It doesn't show up well and it reflects pink. It maybe a good highlighter for my face I guess. Same goes with the BFF lippie. I was really excited to get this one too even with it being late. Also, I am glad I knew about the $35 rewards from this forum otherwise I wouldn't have a clue.

I got mine today! Surprise!!!! I got a different variation: Cream Shadow in Warp - satiny cream color (very shimmery & pretty) Pigment in Wall Street - dark navy/black with tons & tons of shimmer (I'm in love) Lipstick in Drew - purplish/pinkish/brown its SO much more wearable than some of the other shades I've gotten in the past. It gives a slightly pinkish purple shimmer. Its a little light by itself but would be gorgeous over anything really. I'm thrilled with my box!!!!
Outside:
Inside:
I had to literally scrub my Babe tendergloss off my lips to try this guy out. Some of the reddish pink is still leftover stain from Babe, but the light shimmer is from Drew

Just received my box in the mail! (But still haven't received the lipsticks I ordered a month ago. I was told they would for sure get shipped 3 days ago. I'm glad I'm patient)

I got lipstick in Lilu, Cream eyeshadow in Phaser, and Wallstreet for my pigment. I'm happy with my box and love the colors. Though I'm not sure what I'll do with a gold lip color. I guess its time to experiment with layering. I've never used a loose pigment before so I'm gonna try it out in a few minutes as it will match the outfit Im wearing haha.

Phaser is such a pretty purple!

Edit:

Not a great picture but I used phaser as a base and used wallstreet to create a simple smokey eye. The colors are super pretty together.

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine today! Surprise!!!!

I got a different variation:
Cream Shadow in Warp - satiny cream color (very shimmery & pretty)

Pigment in Wall Street - dark navy/black with tons & tons of shimmer (I'm in love)

Lipstick in Drew - purplish/pinkish/brown its SO much more wearable than some of the other shades I've gotten in the past. It gives a slightly pinkish purple shimmer. Its a little light by itself but would be gorgeous over anything really.

I'm thrilled with my box!!!!

Outside:

Inside:

I had to literally scrub my Babe tendergloss off my lips to try this guy out. Some of the reddish pink is still leftover stain from Babe, but the light shimmer is from Drew

Drew is so pretty!!  thank you for the swatch :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box and WOMP WOMP. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm not thrilled. I love Starlooks and love my boxes but a frosty white cream shadow that looks exactly like the liner pot I got late last year, a smokey grey/black shadow pigment and a frosty plain colored lipstick is just SO meh to me. I won't use any of it, which breaks my heart. The cream shadow had potential until I realized I was hoping that it would be like a Maybelline Color Tattoo, and it's not. It wiped right off and I'm assuming it's probably going to crease on my oily lids.

I can only hope my referral rewards are coming to me soon and that they will be better!

Also I can at least look forward to my order that I made with my $35 coupon. So, hey, bright side!
rolleyes.gif

As I am wearing the cream shadow, I'm finding it does crease even after only about 15 minutes of wear. I even applied my UD primer before hand.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kereneko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  As I am wearing the cream shadow, I'm finding it does crease even after only about 15 minutes of wear. I even applied my UD primer before hand.
I knew it. </3

I think this is my biggest fear with this box. I've never found a cream shadow that didn't crease in 10 minutes flat. I must have super oily eyelids. I'm going to try it out tonight & watch it & see how long it takes to slide off my lids.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kereneko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine did the same. Before I even got the rest of my makeup done, it was already creasing...but ALL cream shadows do that to me. Every single one I have ever tried. I used a Hard Candy primer today, not UD, but seeing this, I'm guessing it wouldn't have made any difference. It's a really pretty color if I could get it to stay on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyone that is able to wear cream shadows: have any tips to getting them to last?

I put mine on about an hour ago to see how it looks and the color is at least 50% gone right now. I actually liked the color on but unfortunately I would have to reapply every 30 minutes. 
icon_cry.gif

For those of you who are getting late boxes today, did you ever get a shipping notice? This is my first month so not sure what to expect. I guess if I don't get it by tomorrow, I will email them since they said on the 26th they were sending them out that day.

Quote: Originally Posted by akritenbrink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those of you who are getting late boxes today, did you ever get a shipping notice? This is my first month so not sure what to expect. I guess if I don't get it by tomorrow, I will email them since they said on the 26th they were sending them out that day.
Nope, I didn't get a shipping notice, it just showed up today (I also didn't get one last month).

I also today received my pencil sharpeners and I was just wondering if anyone else who has one knows how they are "adjustable"? I think I figured they would be the ones where the hole is large for like a lip crayon and you put a piece in the hole to accommodate a normal sized liner. These just have a standard eye/lip liner sized hole.

Nope, I didn't get a shipping notice, it just showed up today (I also didn't get one last month).
ooh...maybe I will have a surprise waiting for me at home.

My first box! Lip is Drew, pigment Tungsten, cream Phaser.
Lip color is very faint on my hand.

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  oh man, I am loving that drew color...sigh.
Yea I got BFF which is...just no. Not working on me at all :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yeah, that BFF is really not a BFD....lol   at least I love my hologram cream (because I can use it as a highlighter on my brow and cheeks) and the tungsten pigment...

I can see drew being a nice highlighter on the cheeks too...

My July & October starbox (yep, I broke down and got October) shipped out today!!  yeah.  But my other orders are not shipped out - I hope they go out on monday - these weren't boxes, so maybe it takes them longer to pull the items...

Yay I finnaly got my box! However, I am a little dissapointed. I received the one box that was sent out on time.
Mine didn't come with a card either. Idk, it seems like my box had something else in it and then they switched it out even after I waited for the box to arrive late. I was actually looking forward to the one of the other cream shadows too. My skin is too light to wear Hologram. It doesn't show up well and it reflects pink. It maybe a good highlighter for my face I guess. Same goes with the BFF lippie. I was really excited to get this one too even with it being late. Also, I am glad I knew about the $35 rewards from this forum otherwise I wouldn't have a clue.
I got this box in today's mail. I fair like you and can't see myself wearing the colors either.

Back