Starlooks February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up with longwear lipstick in Immense, the Eyeliner pot in Mars, and concealing cream in the greenish color. I'm hoping it will help tone down my red cheeks.  I discovered I have $22 in starpoints, so I'm going to call in another order for liner shortly! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

0.jpg

Did you guys see the hint video that Starlooks posted? I'm actually pretty excited about this!

I love the colors. I actually already bought that cherry cedar liner pencil, so if I get it, the dupe will be nice:)  She's adorable!

Quote: Originally Posted by Yeti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was looking for that lip liner but only found it in set. Did you get a set or the single liner?

Single liner - it's hiding near the bottom of the signature set page, under 'ipsy featured lip liners'. Thanks for letting me know, im off to look for it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my Starbox! My lipstick is in Lilu, pigment in Wall Street and Cream Shadow in Phaser!

Don't mind my wind chapped hands lol. My camera is not picking up the  color of Wall Street very well, it's a pretty navyish color with tons of sparkle (I notice a lot of green and pink in the shimmer). When the light hits it just right it looks like a pretty dark green shade.

This is the second regular lipstick I have gotten from them and both have been coppery shades o_O. The cream shadow is a really nice consistency and I am ok with waiting for my box to get this lavender color over the neutral color that the on time ones had :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Love your color variations the cream shadow is really pretty.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my box and WOMP WOMP. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm not thrilled. I love Starlooks and love my boxes but a frosty white cream shadow that looks exactly like the liner pot I got late last year, a smokey grey/black shadow pigment and a frosty plain colored lipstick is just SO meh to me. I won't use any of it, which breaks my heart. The cream shadow had potential until I realized I was hoping that it would be like a Maybelline Color Tattoo, and it's not. It wiped right off and I'm assuming it's probably going to crease on my oily lids.

I can only hope my referral rewards are coming to me soon and that they will be better!

Also I can at least look forward to my order that I made with my $35 coupon. So, hey, bright side!
rolleyes.gif

Sorry to hear that, hope your referral boxes are better.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kereneko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  As I am wearing the cream shadow, I'm finding it does crease even after only about 15 minutes of wear. I even applied my UD primer before hand.
Oh no! my eyelids are oily too.

As I am wearing the cream shadow, I'm finding it does crease even after only about 15 minutes of wear. I even applied my UD primer before hand.
I was wondering how people wear cream eyeshadows- I don't have that many and when I apply them over my primer, they all seem to just be too thick or they fade right away. My fave Youtube guru uses them as "eyeshadow bases" instead of a primer and puts powder over the top. Do other people do this? Or do you ever wear them alone, without primer or shadow?

Quote: Originally Posted by Verissmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My first box! Lip is Drew, pigment Tungsten, cream Phaser.

Lip color is very faint on my hand.

Love that lip color.

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh what colors did you get??
After some order changes and lots of waiting I ending up with Scarlett and Halle. I got to choose Halle for free because my order took so long. The Scarlett is such a pretty matte red and the Halle is a dark berry color. Ive never had a dark lipstick and wanted to experiment. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great colors I love Halle.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I ended up with longwear lipstick in Immense, the Eyeliner pot in Mars, and concealing cream in the greenish color. I'm hoping it will help tone down my red cheeks.  I discovered I have $22 in starpoints, so I'm going to call in another order for liner shortly! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Great choices, starpoints? how do you find out about those?

Quote: Originally Posted by akritenbrink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering how people wear cream eyeshadows- I don't have that many and when I apply them over my primer, they all seem to just be too thick or they fade right away. My fave Youtube guru uses them as "eyeshadow bases" instead of a primer and puts powder over the top. Do other people do this? Or do you ever wear them alone, without primer or shadow? Yes, if someone knows please share I am not good with cream shadows at all.

Quote: Originally Posted by akritenbrink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Phaser, Wall Street and Drew. Drew is first in the swatches.
I think Drew looks like the best of the listicks sent out this month! Definitely not super orange/bronze frost like Lilu. (though Lilu is nice over the Tipsy liner or a red liner I tried it with, I just don't like it alone, Drew looks like it is nice even by it's self).

I got Phaser, Wall Street and Drew. Drew is first in the swatches.
I think Drew looks like the best of the listicks sent out this month! Definitely not super orange/bronze frost like Lilu. (though Lilu is nice over the Tipsy liner or a red liner I tried it with, I just don't like it alone, Drew looks like it is nice even by it's self).
Yeah, it's kind of just a frosty neutral. It would look pretty with a strong eye look. It reminds me of a MAC lipstick I had a couple years ago that was one of the few I actually used up.

To quote one of my earlier posts:
Whoo! I just called to get my loyalty code and see how many points (I think it's a similar plan to Birchbox's: A buck a point, redeemable at a rate of a hundred points = $10, and only for *orders* and not Starboxes) I have to get things so I could maybe combine them and get more stuff. It turned out I had a little more than $17 worth of points, and I *could* use them together, *and* they allow for partial redemption (so you don't have to redeem in increments of $10 like Birchbox), but then I decided to just get the Bellini cream blush -- the item I was absolutely, positively going to get no matter what -- all on its own since it's $17 exactly, and then I'll place my order for the loyalty code separately. I'm getting my Bellini blush, *and* I still have the full $35 value of the code! (All of this is to say: If you buy things from Starlooks outside of your boxes, it might be worth giving them a call/dropping them an email to see how many points you have so you can get even more goodies!)

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To quote one of my earlier posts:
question - if I purchase a "past" starbox, would that count towards points?

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To quote one of my earlier posts: Quote: Whoo! I just called to get my loyalty code and see how many points (I think it's a similar plan to Birchbox's: A buck a point, redeemable at a rate of a hundred points = $10, and only for *orders* and not Starboxes) I have to get things so I could maybe combine them and get more stuff. It turned out I had a little more than $17 worth of points, and I *could* use them together, *and* they allow for partial redemption (so you don't have to redeem in increments of $10 like Birchbox), but then I decided to just get the Bellini cream blush -- the item I was absolutely, positively going to get no matter what -- all on its own since it's $17 exactly, and then I'll place my order for the loyalty code separately. I'm getting my Bellini blush, *and* I still have the full $35 value of the code!

(All of this is to say: If you buy things from Starlooks outside of your boxes, it might be worth giving them a call/dropping them an email to see how many points you have so you can get even more goodies!)
Thanks, I must have missed that.

Back