Starlooks February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, I didn't get a shipping notice, it just showed up today (I also didn't get one last month). I also today received my pencil sharpeners and I was just wondering if anyone else who has one knows how they are "adjustable"? I think I figured they would be the ones where the hole is large for like a lip crayon and you put a piece in the hole to accommodate a normal sized liner. These just have a standard eye/lip liner sized hole.
Some liners are ever so slightly thinner than others. I think Urban Decay pencils are thinner (I know I've had problems sharpening them evenly with most sharpeners, but then I got an essence sharpener, and that solved the problem). If you remove that little ring in the hole, you can use it for larger liners.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some liners are ever so slightly thinner than others. I think Urban Decay pencils are thinner (I know I've had problems sharpening them evenly with most sharpeners, but then I got an essence sharpener, and that solved the problem). If you remove that little ring in the hole, you can use it for larger liners.
They sent me three sharpeners, instead of the two I ordered, but none of them have a ring in the hole . It's not a huge deal since I paid .58 cents for them,  I just want to know if I am crazy and not able to figure out something really simple or if there really isn't a removable piece in any of the three I got.  I even checked the envelope to make sure there wasn't extra pieces I missed or something LOL

It was hard getting a good pic, but here:

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They sent me three sharpeners, instead of the two I ordered, but none of them have a ring in the hole . It's not a huge deal since I paid .58 cents for them,  I just want to know if I am crazy and not able to figure out something really simple or if there really isn't a removable piece in any of the three I got.  I even checked the envelope to make sure there wasn't extra pieces I missed or something LOL

Weird! There usually is one, right? I think the one they sent out to us not too long ago had one, although maybe I'm wrong? Maybe shoot them an e-mail to find out? I know it might feel weird since they were so cheap but if anyone wants to grab one in the future when they make an order it'll be good to know whether or not they come with the rings.

Weird! That's different from the one I received:
ETA: Whoops, wait, looking at those photos again, I got it mixed up with a different sharpener I have. I thought this one was more square. But the logo (on the reverse side of the sharpener than the photo) is the square SL logo. The one in Kelli's photo isn't the same. It's circular. Weird!

*cue the sad trombone*

Are these terrible shades? No. But how boring was this box? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I definitely don't think a nude lip and boring smokey eye when I think futurism, lol. Ah well...to the trade thread they go! There's still my referral boxes/bags/things and my $35 code purchase to look forward to! yaaaass!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*cue the sad trombone*

Are these terrible shades? No. But how boring was this box? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I definitely don't think a nude lip and boring smokey eye when I think futurism, lol. Ah well...to the trade thread they go! There's still my referral boxes/bags/things and my $35 code purchase to look forward to! yaaaass!
I definitely agree that I don't see the futurism theme with this box. I was kinda hoping for some crazy crazy metallics (gold/silver) eyeshadows instead of cream pots. I do like the pigment, it made for a nice dark sparkly eyeliner when I went out the other night. My cream shadow is super similar to Orion (I think, that's the white pot right), without the staying power. I do like it as a highlighter and it does catch some pretty colors in the sun. 

Mostly, thank GOD for the $35 credit though. I seriously can't wait to get that box. I haven't even got a shipping confirmation yet, assuming it will happen once all of this month's boxes are out (including referrals and birthday)

I haven't been subscribed to starlooks that long. Does anyone have any recommendations of what to get with my $35 code? How are their lipliners or bronzes or powders?

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't been subscribed to starlooks that long. Does anyone have any recommendations of what to get with my $35 code? How are their lipliners or bronzes or powders?
I like their lip liners! I think they have good staying power and nice pigmentation.

I have their bronzer and powder and I don't really like them, but that is because I don't like bronzer or powders in general. I think they perform as well as others, though, so if you are into them they are a decent quality.

Getting past Starboxes are a good way to stretch your $35. Since they are $25 and contain 3-4 products it's a good bang for your buck (and have $10 left to spend), especially if there is a box that has atleast two items you want. For example, there was a bronzer in the June box. Those retail for $19, so you're getting two more products for $6 more (though if you wouldn't want a black liner pen and a white eyeliner pencil, it isn't a very good deal lol) or if you love blush the Oct box has the 3 pan palette in it and that normally retails for $46 and you're paying only $25 for that PLUS a gemliner (I like those! so sparkly) and a tendergloss. So I would first go through all the past boxes available and make sure none of them have things you want.

Their brushes are great, so if you need more brushes look into them (or past boxes that contain them lol).

Does anyone know how long you have to be a starlooks member or whatever to get the loyality card? Been getting the boxes since December and I didn't get one of those cards.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kimmist13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know how long you have to be a starlooks member or whatever to get the loyality card? Been getting the boxes since December and I didn't get one of those cards.
They are every 3 months. Try calling Starlooks as you should have received a card telling them to call or email for your code. 

I should be receiving my loyalty gift this month. I really love that december palette and I hope its still available after i get my $35 code. In other news, I finally received my lipsticks I ordered with that January 40% off code... except they mailed me it twice and so now I have double. I guess that's what I get for emailing them a lot and asking about when they would ship. Maybe I could swap or something. Hopefully the referral gifts come this week. I was told they'd be getting out by the end of last week. 

i placed my $35 loyalty order and got the july box and hair modifying dust....we'll see how it all is!

I should be receiving my loyalty gift this month. I really love that december palette and I hope its still available after i get my $35 code. In other news, I finally received my lipsticks I ordered with that January 40% off code... except they mailed me it twice and so now I have double. I guess that's what I get for emailing them a lot and asking about when they would ship. Maybe I could swap or something. Hopefully the referral gifts come this week. I was told they'd be getting out by the end of last week. 
Ooh what colors did you get??

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh what colors did you get??
After some order changes and lots of waiting I ending up with Scarlett and Halle. I got to choose Halle for free because my order took so long. The Scarlett is such a pretty matte red and the Halle is a dark berry color. Ive never had a dark lipstick and wanted to experiment. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Kereneko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  After some order changes and lots of waiting I ending up with Scarlett and Halle. I got to choose Halle for free because my order took so long. The Scarlett is such a pretty matte red and the Halle is a dark berry color. Ive never had a dark lipstick and wanted to experiment. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

pretty - I love Halle!!

Mine are the same way. Definitely not adjustable. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Kereneko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Scarlett looks AMAZING! I can never find a good red lipstick, they always end up orangey on me, but that one looks like a great red shade that actually looks red lol. Thanks for posting the pics, I know we all have been complaining about how hard it is to find swatches and pics of their products on people.

Quote: Originally Posted by XBrieX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine are the same way. Definitely not adjustable.
Maybe they ran out of the adjustable ones and are just sending these out instead. Glad to know mine weren't the only ones. I really thought I was losing my mind and not able to figure out something simple.

Scarlett looks AMAZING! I can never find a good red lipstick, they always end up orangey on me, but that one looks like a great red shade that actually looks red lol. Thanks for posting the pics, I know we all have been complaining about how hard it is to find swatches and pics of their products on people.

It really is a wonderful shade of red! Not orangey at all and not super pink toned either. I also love that it's matte too

0.jpg

Did you guys see the hint video that Starlooks posted? I'm actually pretty excited about this!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

0.jpg

Did you guys see the hint video that Starlooks posted? I'm actually pretty excited about this!
Or you know...I should probably go to the March thread LMAO...*hits forehead

Back