Starlooks November 2013 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's almost like a cream-to-powder formulation, and it's bigger than an eyeshadow (though you're referring to how it looks, I know!) -- at first, I thought it was a bright yellow/gold blush, but it seems closer to concealer color out of the package. SO WEIRD.

Sure thing. I have terrible camera, so bear with me. It's in a container that doesn't match the other camo products, and the box says cream blush (it flips open and has a mirror under the product) -- but this can't possibly be blush, right? There's no product sticker in sight.
That does look like the packaging for the concealer. I received mine about a year ago, and I can't remember what color the outer box was. The consistency sounds the same - sort of a cream/putty that goes on comparatively matte for a concealer. It's actually pretty nice and the matte finish keeps the glare down in pics. A bit patchy if your skin isn't moisturizes though. I haven't gotten a shipping notice for my birthday box yet, I hope they didn't lose my info. I wish there was a way to verify that on the website.

Quote: Originally Posted by Yeti /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That does look like the packaging for the concealer. I received mine about a year ago, and I can't remember what color the outer box was. The consistency sounds the same - sort of a cream/putty that goes on comparatively matte for a concealer. It's actually pretty nice and the matte finish keeps the glare down in pics. A bit patchy if your skin isn't moisturizes though.

I haven't gotten a shipping notice for my birthday box yet, I hope they didn't lose my info. I wish there was a way to verify that on the website.

Send them an email. They'll confirm or get your birthday in your profile if it's not there.

Send them an email. They'll confirm or get your birthday in your profile if it's not there.
Good idea thank you =). Their CS has always been fantastic when I contact them.

Thanks for the guesses! The cream blush packaging threw me off, especially since the concealer on the website seems to be packaged in a screw-off-cap container.

Quote: Originally Posted by ohdahlia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks for the guesses! The cream blush packaging threw me off, especially since the concealer on the website seems to be packaged in a screw-off-cap container.
It looks to me kind of like their new eye primer as well, which is being advertised in sets with the color my world shadows. (They just sent me one of the new shadows for my referral box and it is fab).

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It looks to me kind of like their new eye primer as well, which is being advertised in sets with the color my world shadows. (They just sent me one of the new shadows for my referral box and it is fab).

You know . . . that might be it. Is the primer blush-sized?

You know . . . that might be it. Is the primer blush-sized?
In the pics online it looks about the size of the shadows, but the shadows come in a flip top compact. But I looked at the current pic of the primers and they were in a screw top. Wierd!   I'm sure CS will know. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My first Starbox is out for delivery! Hooray!

USPS has been, overall, a general clusteryouknowwhat this month. One of my Birchbox orders bounce between a couple cities in NJ for three days before finally getting out, a Julep order hasn't updated past electronic shipping info received in 3 days now (I'm guessing it never got scanned and is on the way and will randomly show up, hopefully today, lol) and then nothing updated for anything at all on the 13th on several different shipments. It all updated yesterday at once showing activity for the 13th but nothing actually showed until the 14th. So I'm wondering if they aren't having some system issues or more likely, the beginning of the holiday shipping season ;-)
I have an Ulta order that was going just fine when it was in UPS's hands, but as soon as it transferred to USPS, it's been crazy. At one point it just said something along the lines of "an incorrect sort sent your package to the wrong local post office" and it was then rerouted to a post office an hour south of me (when the packaged was like an hour north west of me when it was at the wrong local post office!). Now for about 18 hours it just says it departed the post office an hour south of me with no updates since. ARGH!

Anyways, on topic, I haven't been subbed to Starbox since July I think, but I am really hoping to get the money together to resub! I would love to get the Dec. box and January is my birthday month, so it'd be cool to get one (I didn't this year, because I signed up the month of my Bday, so my subscription didn't start til Feb). The last couple boxes have looked nice again! This summer was just so bland.

I emailed customer service . . . I'll let y'all know about The Mystery Product. Thanks for all your help! 

Oh, and here are the other two products I received in my bday box (linking to their site since my camera is no good):

Eye pencil in jet blue (http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/eye-pencil)

Eyeshadow in a new shade -- it's not even on the site yet -- it's a matte periwinkle and is pretty sheer (I'd call it a mix between conquest and navy): http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/single-shadow-compact

So . . . I emailed customer service, and they have no idea what the product is, either. They offered to send me a replacement product of my choice, which is super nice considering it's a birthday box!

So . . . I emailed customer service, and they have no idea what the product is, either. They offered to send me a replacement product of my choice, which is super nice considering it's a birthday box!

I find it really weird that a company has no idea what product they have sent out and they can't even identify what it is to you...like, why send something like that out? I also got that periwinkle blue shadow and it looks like it's packaged in the old packaging with the old logo before their "revamp" although I could be wrong. My shadow has the "SL" logo with the word "Starlooks" after it, as most of the older Starlooks items have, and if you look at the single pot shadows on the site, the logo on the top is only the "SL." It didn't have any sort of label on what shade it is/name/number etc, and as you said, I can't find it on the site, so I was actually assuming the opposite of you: I thought it was a discontinued shade rather than a new one. I didn't get the weird blush/concealer thing though, I received a nude/gold colored tender gloss. I LOVE tender gloss...but this shade isn't working on my already pale skin tone. I wasn't a huge fan of my birthday box,but hey, it was free!

I'm also receiving a couple referral boxes in a week or so, so that will be interesting to see what comes in those!

Here was my birthday box:

They sent me another email guessing "highlighter" -- but they don't have a highlighter on their site, so I can't compare the packaging to see. Anyway, i'm getting a free tendergloss in my choice of shade, so I am more than happy! You're right that it is totally random.

I tried that periwinkle shadow and wasn't very impressed. I gave it another go today over the Nyx milk pencil and it worked out much better!

So I know I just posted pics, but I was playing again, and wanted to share.  This was my attempt at using the red in a work-safe look.  It's quite similar to what I did with the wine shadow, but I only used the palette we received this month.  I still need to get better at my blending - not sure how I can get the color intensity I want and blend without washing it out. 
Love it!

Question for people that have been subscribed for a while.  I got someone that wanted my referral link today (yay), so I shared the referral link and they subbed to the box.  I know I'm supposed to get a free box for the referral, but I didn't get an email or anything.  When you all refer friends to Starbox, do you get a notification at all or no?  Sorry for the weird question, just wondering how that works.  Thanks!!

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Question for people that have been subscribed for a while.  I got someone that wanted my referral link today (yay), so I shared the referral link and they subbed to the box.  I know I'm supposed to get a free box for the referral, but I didn't get an email or anything.  When you all refer friends to Starbox, do you get a notification at all or no?  Sorry for the weird question, just wondering how that works.  Thanks!!
When I referred someone, I did not get a confirmation right away. I  got an email around the 2nd week of the following month thanking me for the referral and then a week or so later, another email saying that a referral box has been mailed to me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Glossygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  When I referred someone, I did not get a confirmation right away. I  got an email around the 2nd week of the following month thanking me for the referral and then a week or so later, another email saying that a referral box has been mailed to me.

Awesome!  Thanks.  I wanted to know what to expect :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just got my referral box today!

Lipstick in "Naked" http://starlooks.com/collections/lips/products/lipstick I was originally a little "meh" about this when I saw it, but I put it over another lipstick that I don't usually wear because it's too bright and it toned it down just enough to be wearable. It's actually a really nice shade!   Eye Pencil in "Vineyard" http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/eye-pencil The picture online doesn't do this color justice. It looks like a rusty-brown online, but it's actually a reddish-purple. It really makes my green eyes pop!   Infinity Liner in "Wyld" http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/longwear-eyeliner-pots The website is true-to-color on this one, but there's a little more shimmer. Another really nice shade and makes my eyes look more hazel.
Overall very, very happy! 
biggrin.gif

I can try to post pictures tonight, if I can figure out how to do it on this site ha

Just got my referral box today!
Lipstick in "Naked" http://starlooks.com/collections/lips/products/lipstick I was originally a little "meh" about this when I saw it, but I put it over another lipstick that I don't usually wear because it's too bright and it toned it down just enough to be wearable. It's actually a really nice shade!   Eye Pencil in "Vineyard" http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/eye-pencil The picture online doesn't do this color justice. It looks like a rusty-brown online, but it's actually a reddish-purple. It really makes my green eyes pop!   Infinity Liner in "Wyld" http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/longwear-eyeliner-pots The website is true-to-color on this one, but there's a little more shimmer. Another really nice shade and makes my eyes look more hazel.
Overall very, very happy!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I can try to post pictures tonight, if I can figure out how to do it on this site ha I got the same 3 things & I'm in love with all three of them! Both liners are so unique & gorgeous & I love any lip color I can get.

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same 3 things & I'm in love with all three of them! Both liners are so unique & gorgeous & I love any lip color I can get.

Whoa, I hope that is what comes in mine!  Beautiful colors!!!

Back