Starlooks November 2013 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's kind of strange that they are sending us an eyeshadow palette this month, even though next month we are getting a 12 shade eye shadow palette. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Cate88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think it's kind of strange that they are sending us an eyeshadow palette this month, even though next month we are getting a 12 shade eye shadow palette. 
Makes me wonder if next month we will get a neutral palette, since last year they sent out a neutral quad in November and a colorful 15 shade palette in December to complement each other.

I'm totally happy with lots of eyeshadow! They were heavy on lips and fundamentals all year, so it's great to finally get shadows - something I'd been keeping my fingers crossed for. I actually did an all Starlooks look today - the pics are bad because these were taken end of day, not right after application and my lids are shiny, but that's:

Wine shadow (a freebie from my referral box)

Gold Liner

Black precision liner

and then the highlighter and peachy gold are from the palette we received earlier this year.  I wore this with a berry lip (Starlooks Alexandria).  It wore really well - that pic was taken over 12 hours from application, and there's a bit of fading where my eyes are oily, but not bad at all. I applied over UD primer.  The maroon did travel a little bit at the end of the day which is why it doesn't look very blended, but over all it held up almost as well as my UD.  Originally it was the left most vanilla shimmer from the palette in the corner, then the peachy color, blended into the maroon. The gold liner with the black really pulled the colors together - wish I'd taken a pic earlier. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm just hoping for no gold/orange/brown/peach/coral/etc. shades next month.  They've stuck in that general realm of color this year, especially with the 5-pan palettes, and to me, they're neutral since they're on the brown side of the color spectrum.  Last year's 15-pan palettes were supposed to mimic the variety of colors of Christmas tree lights, so I'm hoping that's what happens again.  Variety!

And in November box news, I'm thinking I need to try the Stockholm palette with the gel liner.  That could be an interesting combination.  I picked up the palette several months ago and have yet to even swatch it!  December is usually icy shimmery colors for me, so it's probably time to start figuring out how to use that palette.

I don't think I'm getting a November box since I didn't make any referrals in October. Oops! I wish they gave more info about the Ambassador Program though. The November boxes look great!

I don't think I'm getting a November box since I didn't make any referrals in October. Oops! I wish they gave more info about the Ambassador Program though. The November boxes look great!
Is that how it works? No referral, no box? My October box didn't even ship until November 5th! I think I'll send them an email for clarification on this whole ambassador thing..

Good point. I didn't get my October box until Tuesday/shipping notice the week before that. This has been a busy past few weeks for me! Yeah the email says (paraphrased) as long as we keep bringing in business we'll keep getting boxes. We were talking about this in the AP thread! Join us if you haven't already!

Is that how it works? No referral, no box? My October box didn't even ship until November 5th! I think I'll send them an email for clarification on this whole ambassador thing..

Most probably have their boxes by now, but just in case, or if someone is thinking of picking up the box when it's on the site, I'll share my swatches:

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm totally happy with lots of eyeshadow! They were heavy on lips and fundamentals all year, so it's great to finally get shadows - something I'd been keeping my fingers crossed for. I actually did an all Starlooks look today - the pics are bad because these were taken end of day, not right after application and my lids are shiny, but that's:

Wine shadow (a freebie from my referral box)

Gold Liner

Black precision liner

and then the highlighter and peachy gold are from the palette we received earlier this year.  I wore this with a berry lip (Starlooks Alexandria).  It wore really well - that pic was taken over 12 hours from application, and there's a bit of fading where my eyes are oily, but not bad at all. I applied over UD primer.  The maroon did travel a little bit at the end of the day which is why it doesn't look very blended, but over all it held up almost as well as my UD.  Originally it was the left most vanilla shimmer from the palette in the corner, then the peachy color, blended into the maroon. The gold liner with the black really pulled the colors together - wish I'd taken a pic earlier. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Looks great!

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well, my box finally arrived...I lol'd at its journey once I looked at tracking:

Well done, USPS. That was SUPER efficient!
That was quite a journey!

Most probably have their boxes by now, but just in case, or if someone is thinking of picking up the box when it's on the site, I'll share my swatches:

Nice swatches!

I love my palette so much, but it's really disappointing how minimally-pigmented the gold shadow is.  I shouldn't have to use 10 coats on top of a white shadow base :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I know I just posted pics, but I was playing again, and wanted to share.  This was my attempt at using the red in a work-safe look.  It's quite similar to what I did with the wine shadow, but I only used the palette we received this month.  I still need to get better at my blending - not sure how I can get the color intensity I want and blend without washing it out. 

Hey girls! Just chiming in here, I had a few comments about this months box. First- The gold sucks! I cannot get it to stay put and it is very dusty/chunky feeling. All the other shadows are pretty nice. The infinity eyeliner....amazeballs! It stayed ALL day and did not budge and then I had a hard time washing it off. That is all!

I got the weirdest thing in my birthday box . . . it's in a cream blush box (no product name) ,but I could swear that it's a camoflauge concealer. Anyone else get this? Super weird. The other products were a blue eye pencil  and a perriwinkle shadow.

Quote: Originally Posted by ohdahlia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the weirdest thing in my birthday box . . . it's in a cream blush box (no product name) ,but I could swear that it's a camoflauge concealer. Anyone else get this? Super weird. The other products were a blue eye pencil  and a perriwinkle shadow.

Have a picture?

Sure thing. I have terrible camera, so bear with me. It's in a container that doesn't match the other camo products, and the box says cream blush (it flips open and has a mirror under the product) -- but this can't possibly be blush, right? There's no product sticker in sight.

@ohdahlia is it actually cream? or powder? I have the cream blush "mai tai" from them that I love, but it is more of a light brown (concealer-like) that I use somewhat like bronzer. It is definitely darker than that though! The packaging looks eye shadow-ish.

Back