Starlooks November 2013 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am thinking of signing up for this!! Esp with my birthday being in December, 15 shadow palette AND a birthday box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How happy have y'all been with your sub so far?
So far I really like this sub. Like all subs some months are hit or miss but so far more hits than misses and the customer service is amazing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cate88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm really excited for December's box. Such a great deal for Starlooks subscribers!

A quick question, I saw someone mention on one of the Starlooks forums about receiving an extra gift on their birthday...is this true? I have had a Starlooks sub for a couple months, but there is nowhere I entered in my bday..
I sent them an email with my birthday and they made sure I got the box for my birthday.

Just curious - has anyone received a referral box yet? I'm waiting for my first one and super eager for spoilers:)

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just curious - has anyone received a referral box yet? I'm waiting for my first one and super eager for spoilers:)
No, sorry :)

I did on Monday and it was one of my favorite boxes! give me a min to find my stuff and will upload pics

[
Sorry the pictures aren't the best but I'm dealing with a super cranky baby and a rambunctious 5 year old lol. Okay, so I received a tendergloss in Doll which is a really beautiful berry color. Lipgloss in Pucker which is like a dusty rose.. super pretty. Last was a kohl eyeliner in Genie which is a sparkly bronze blackish color. LOVE everything!!

Quote: Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[

Sorry the pictures aren't the best but I'm dealing with a super cranky baby and a rambunctious 5 year old lol. Okay, so I received a tendergloss in Doll which is a really beautiful berry color. Lipgloss in Pucker which is like a dusty rose.. super pretty. Last was a kohl eyeliner in Genie which is a sparkly bronze blackish color. LOVE everything!!
That's a great box!

Quote: Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[

That's lovely! (I actually have doll in my Starlooks cart right now!).   

I'm excited - mine came in this evening ahead of time!!  They exactly took my tastes on the referral page into account.  

I received eyeshadow in wine - I think this is actually one of their new, color my world shadows!

Eye pencil in Gold dust (sparkly gold)

and a lovely dark berry/metallic ish lipstick -  Angelina

I'm so happy with everything they sent!

These pics don't really capture the correct color.  The shadow is more wine/berry and the lipstick is more metallic berry bordering on rust than red. 

Also - re the lookbook - I'm wondering if we're going to get the red shadow - the navy looks like what we received earlier this year, same with the gold....and maybe a light pink gloss?

Also - re the lookbook - I'm wondering if we're going to get the red shadow - the navy looks like what we received earlier this year, same with the gold....and maybe a light pink gloss?
They try to avoid sending the same item type two months in a row, so my guess is that they won't be sending any pressed shadows since that's on tap for December. Maybe the Mars Infinity liner? And it looks like there might be a deep green eyeliner involved. Do they have a forest green kohl? Maybe primer (which I think they sent last November, too) because December will be the big palettes, and primer will make those colors pop?

That's lovely! (I actually have doll in my Starlooks cart right now!).    I'm excited - mine came in this evening ahead of time!!  They exactly took my tastes on the referral page into account.   I received eyeshadow in wine - I think this is actually one of their new, color my world shadows! Eye pencil in Gold dust (sparkly gold) and a lovely dark berry/metallic ish lipstick -  Angelina I'm so happy with everything they sent! These pics don't really capture the correct color.  The shadow is more wine/berry and the lipstick is more metallic berry bordering on rust than red. 
That is a fabulous box also!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They try to avoid sending the same item type two months in a row, so my guess is that they won't be sending any pressed shadows since that's on tap for December. Maybe the Mars Infinity liner? And it looks like there might be a deep green eyeliner involved. Do they have a forest green kohl? Maybe primer (which I think they sent last November, too) because December will be the big palettes, and primer will make those colors pop?
I hope you're right about the primer! I'd love to get one.

I was looking through their eye liners, because I noticed the dark green as well. They've got a dark green infinity eyeliner in aurora that might match. 

Quote: Originally Posted by JustStephanye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I hope you're right about the primer! I'd love to get one.

I was looking through their eye liners, because I noticed the dark green as well. They've got a dark green infinity eyeliner in aurora that might match. 

I think we might be guaranteed to get eye primer because I was reviewing what I've acquired over the past couple of weeks, and the list included:

• Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Nude Pink
  • benefit creaseless cream shadow in no pressure (0.11 oz deluxe sample.  A full-sized version is 0.16 oz, so we're not exactly talking about a foil here!)
  • Urban Decay Anti-Aging Primer Potion (deluxe sample, but it's still a *lot*:  I think it's a third of the size of a full-sized tube)
  • Urban Decay Sin Primer Potion (full-sized)

While the first three are sold as shadows, they're great bases for loose pigments, and the Sin primer is a great cream shadow.  And I think I have some more samples of various eye primers floating around (I *know* I have one from benefit in my Monday Club box that will eventually be grabbed.  See the no-buy forum for more information on the Monday Club!), and I have a couple of pencils that are great primers as well.  Oh, and then there are the shimmery gel liners that Starlooks sent out in February and September and that I use as base/shadow rather than as liner.  I'm set for primer (and most of them are double-duty things that can be shadow or base) for *ages*, so we will naturally get one from Starlooks this month!

I have 3 days left to decide to sub or not for Nov!! I def want in on December, esp as it's my birth month. 

Yes! Definitely sub! It's a fun one!
Totally agree! Also, if this year goes like last year, the December box will build on the November box, so it might be like one really awesome box split over two months.

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes! Definitely sub! It's a fun one!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Totally agree! Also, if this year goes like last year, the December box will build on the November box, so it might be like one really awesome box split over two months.
Enablers!! Welp, totally signed up! Figured it'll be great to test for at least 2 months and I'll reassess (holy wow that's a lot of s's lol) come January. 

Back