Starlooks November 2013 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Enablers!! Welp, totally signed up! Figured it'll be great to test for at least 2 months and I'll reassess (holy wow that's a lot of s's lol) come January. 

That's what we do!  :)  Enjoy!  I love Starlooks & all their products.  

How do you guys feel about Starlooks products showing up in other sub boxes? Ipsy has been working with them and I think so has fabfitfun (I think thats the name of the sub). I personally love their products and want them to succeed and grow as a company. The only downside is that since they have grown the Why Marci videos are gone, which I miss and I don't want duplicates from say Ipsy if I have gotten the product thru Starlooks. I know most people don't have tons of subs like we do here on makeuptalk though lol. Anyway just wondering what your guys thoughts were.

Quote: Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you guys feel about Starlooks products showing up in other sub boxes? Ipsy has been working with them and I think so has fabfitfun (I think thats the name of the sub). I personally love their products and want them to succeed and grow as a company. The only downside is that since they have grown the Why Marci videos are gone, which I miss and I don't want duplicates from say Ipsy if I have gotten the product thru Starlooks. I know most people don't have tons of subs like we do here on makeuptalk though lol. Anyway just wondering what your guys thoughts were.
Well, fabfitfun is how I learned about the company starlooks.  I didn't even know starlooks had a sub box.  So, it was good for me.  Getting dupes might be annoying but we can always trade here on MUT!

This is going to be my second box and I loved the one in October! From what I've read it seems like they don't repeat products too closely together, which is awesome. Are most of the boxes neutral colors, or do they ever send some brighter and more experimental colors?

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[

Sorry the pictures aren't the best but I'm dealing with a super cranky baby and a rambunctious 5 year old lol. Okay, so I received a tendergloss in Doll which is a really beautiful berry color. Lipgloss in Pucker which is like a dusty rose.. super pretty. Last was a kohl eyeliner in Genie which is a sparkly bronze blackish color. LOVE everything!!
That's lovely! (I actually have doll in my Starlooks cart right now!).  

I'm excited - mine came in this evening ahead of time!!  They exactly took my tastes on the referral page into account.

I received eyeshadow in wine - I think this is actually one of their new, color my world shadows!

Eye pencil in Gold dust (sparkly gold)

and a lovely dark berry/metallic ish lipstick -  Angelina

I'm so happy with everything they sent!

These pics don't really capture the correct color.  The shadow is more wine/berry and the lipstick is more metallic berry bordering on rust than red.

Such pretty colors!

Quote: Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Not to enable (which of course means I TOTALLY intend to enable), but Starlooks has two new colors in their Gem liners!  Amethyst and Topaz...

http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/diamondline-eye-pencil

jg802-satin_87477fc5-617a-45e8-bf92-892a292ec95a_1024x1024.jpg
Topaz (Photo Credit: Starlooks)

jg806-satin_6bc059b3-6e27-4287-999a-f9bfe04df74d_1024x1024.jpg
Amethyst (Photo Credit: Starlooks)
Those are  so pretty!

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have 3 days left to decide to sub or not for Nov!! I def want in on December, esp as it's my birth month.
Do it! December will be great and you will get a birthday box too.

I really miss the Why Marci? videos too.  I hope she brings them back. I also hope we don't get dupes from other subs, or if I get dupes I should take it as I sign that I have too many subs.

I'll post this here:  If you have any urgent Starlooks purchases, don't forget that the ILOVESTARLOOKS code expires tomorrow!  I'm debating getting the Topaz and Amethyst Gem pencils.  I have Fancy, Mirage, Deja Vu, and Jezebel, and I'm not sure that Topaz and Amethyst are different enough from Mirage and Jezebel to warrant my ownership, and I'm trying to *not* buy any more eyelliners.  But these would be used as shadow!  And I'm an Aquarian, which means I need *everything* Amethyst, right?  (I love metallics this time of year, and I bought a stila marvelous metals shadow yesterday, but it's probably going back next week because I think the primer is making my eyelids itch!  Getting these two with the code would still cost less than half what the one stila cost with the 20% VIB discount.  But I love the color of the still!  But *itchy*!  And I already have four of these pencils!  I will probably continue this debate for the next day and a half.)

I'll post this here:  If you have any urgent Starlooks purchases, don't forget that the ILOVESTARLOOKS code expires tomorrow!  I'm debating getting the Topaz and Amethyst Gem pencils.  I have Fancy, Mirage, Deja Vu, and Jezebel, and I'm not sure that Topaz and Amethyst are different enough from Mirage and Jezebel to warrant my ownership, and I'm trying to *not* buy any more eyelliners.  But these would be used as shadow!  And I'm an Aquarian, which means I need *everything* Amethyst, right?  (I love metallics this time of year, and I bought a stila marvelous metals shadow yesterday, but it's probably going back next week because I think the primer is making my eyelids itch!  Getting these two with the code would still cost less than half what the one stila cost with the 20% VIB discount.  But I love the color of the still!  But *itchy*!  And I already have four of these pencils!  I will probably continue this debate for the next day and a half.)
Just FYI it looks like that code is good through December 15th. It just changes to 40% tomorrow! I just got my box & the insert said 40% off November 10th through December 15th. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just FYI it looks like that code is good through December 15th. It just changes to 40% tomorrow!

I just got my box & the insert said 40% off November 10th through December 15th.
smile.gif

Wow, they must have two different inserts because mine very definitely just has the 50% off version!

Wow, they must have two different inserts because mine very definitely just has the 50% off version!
I actually cancelled this month & then signed up for the ambassador program, so I got the October box anyway. But I got mine yesterday. Maybe they changed the insert on those shipping later! Tempted to place my ordee today now to get the extra % off. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I, too, will be ordering gem liners!

Quote: Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is there a video yet for December?  I am totally a novice when it comes to eyeshadow and I need guidance. Also, do you guys know of any good books or videos that are good guides for novices like me?  The thing with eyeshadow is that it is super obvious when you don't have the knack :)

Is there any dept store near you?

Usually Makeup for Ever, MAC,Dior are pretty good with showing you stuff.
Lancome too, and prob the people at Sephora it seems.

I haven't had anyone at my local Sephora do my makeup as the one near me is so dirty w people putting their hands in all the eyeshadows and don't want that on my face.

But I have had makeup artists tons of times do new eyeshadow looks on me and company reps too when a certain store calls me.

most of the cosmetic counters in Dept stores are usually good for help- but you should at least buy one item (even just a eyeliner).

Or if you want a book, I think Bobbi Brown wrote a good one a few years ago

Ipsy has really got me wanting to try the Starlooks box! I didn't like the lip liner Ipsy sent, but I just don't wear lip liner, lol. I wear the Kohl eyeliner they sent everyday and have no problems with it and the gem liners they're sending this month look really pretty! Kind of sad that if I sign up now I won't get a box until December. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I guess that since I've already missed November anyway, it gives me time to talk myself out of ordering one, though! i really don't need more makeup, but the past Starlooks boxes I've seen have been really nice! Maybe I could cancel one of my Ipsy bags to pay for most of the Starlooks. Hmm..I'm terrible, lol.

Ooh, I got shipping, too!  This is at least a week earlier than I had been expecting it!  This is so early that I was confused when I got it until I came here and saw that someone else had shipping already.  I have a coworker who asked for my referral link to sign up, so it could theoretically be a referral box, but I didn't think those went out until after the new person had their box in-hand or at least shipped, not just after they signed up and paid.

Quote: Originally Posted by ItsASubInABox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I received my shipping notification! I can't wait, this is my first Starlooks box.
It's my first one too.  Can't wait!

I just got mine, too. I bet it's because of the holiday coming up -- they don't want to get behind. This is my birthday month . . . here's hoping those boxes ship early, too!

Back