Starlooks October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I'm looking again at the Looksbook pics, it looks like they used the gem pencil on her lid and a couple of the shadows from July box.
That was my instinct (that is, that they used the July palette) pretty much the instant I saw the Looksbook, which was the point when I started fervently hoping for a how-to for those eye looks.

Quote: Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Now that I'm looking again at the Looksbook pics, it looks like they used the gem pencil on her lid and a couple of the shadows from July box.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That was my instinct (that is, that they used the July palette) pretty much the instant I saw the Looksbook, which was the point when I started fervently hoping for a how-to for those eye looks.

Ack! Is it crazy that this just excites me more!? LOL Dying to try them out now to see if I can match it.
biggrin.gif

Love love love this box!

I was seriously about to cancel but no way now.

Can't wait for December!

Btw, this was my 1000th post. Should have written something a bit more exciting.

I just wanted to show you guys some swatches of the diamond line pencils I have. They are amazing pencils! I thought I already had the one in our boxes but to my happy surprise it was different than I thought! The top is Déjà Vu (white/silver) Next is Mirage (blue/silver - in our boxes) Then Myth (black sparkly) And Fancy from the January box I also have the tender gloss to the left of the eyeliner swatches. It's a lot prettier in person! It has an almost holographic effect on your lips! Super fun! And the other 3 colors are amazing! I love this box!

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just wanted to show you guys some swatches of the diamond line pencils I have. They are amazing pencils! I thought I already had the one in our boxes but to my happy surprise it was different than I thought!

The top is Déjà Vu (white/silver)
Next is Mirage (blue/silver - in our boxes)
Then Myth (black sparkly)
And Fancy from the January box

I also have the tender gloss to the left of the eyeliner swatches. It's a lot prettier in person! It has an almost holographic effect on your lips! Super fun!

And the other 3 colors are amazing!

I love this box!
what is the staying power of the pencils?

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  what is the staying power of the pencils?
I have Deja vu, Jezebel, and Fancy, and they stay awesomely. I've never tried them on my water line, but on my upper lid they last 8 hours +

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have Deja vu, Jezebel, and Fancy, and they stay awesomely. I've never tried them on my water line, but on my upper lid they last 8 hours +
Thank you! That's great to know!

Gah.  I love this box even more in person than in the photos.  

While I'm a *huge* fan of bold lips, this Tendergloss is going to be great on days when I just want some shimmer (because those do happen on occasion) or on top of a stain.  The pink sparkle is absolute *yay*!  These blush shades are pretty much exactly the colors I've been eyeing in stores but never quite convinced myself to buy *just in case* Starlooks sent one of them in a box, and they sent all three!  I'm not thrilled with the pencil just because I already have (and love!) this one, but it's such an awesome box between the blush and the Tendergloss that this feels like a bonus extra that I can just add to the swap box.  I will definitely be checking out Rivet & Sway because they do free at-home try-ons -- and unless different areas received cards with different showroom addresses, it looks like they might be Seattle-based! It might actually be worth driving up there to check out a large number of frames all at once.  I tend to be very picky when it comes to frames.
I liked the September box (true, not much color, but the gloss and liner were basic things that I definitely use frequently.  The liner is a great all-over shimmer for me, and the gloss is fantastic on top of matte lip color), but if I hadn't, this would have made up for that one.  I just wish we were getting "Why, Marci?" videos again!  

(I do feel like September and October are heavy on the icy shimmer, so I'm wondering if there's a trilogy in the works, which would mean that November would have a third installment with a champagne Pigment Luster to be used as a highlighter so all three boxes could work together for an ice princess theme.)

While I'm a *huge* fan of bold lips, this Tendergloss is going to be great on days when I just want some shimmer (because those do happen on occasion) or on top of a stain.  The pink sparkle is absolute *yay*!  These blush shades are pretty much exactly the colors I've been eyeing in stores but never quite convinced myself to buy *just in case* Starlooks sent one of them in a box, and they sent all three!  I'm not thrilled with the pencil just because I already have (and love!) this one, but it's such an awesome box between the blush and the Tendergloss that this feels like a bonus extra that I can just add to the swap box.  I will definitely be checking out Rivet & Sway because they do free at-home try-ons -- and unless different areas received cards with different showroom addresses, it looks like they might be Seattle-based! It might actually be worth driving up there to check out a large number of frames all at once.  I tend to be very picky when it comes to frames.
I liked the September box (true, not much color, but the gloss and liner were basic things that I definitely use frequently.  The liner is a great all-over shimmer for me, and the gloss is fantastic on top of matte lip color), but if I hadn't, this would have made up for that one.  I just wish we were getting "Why, Marci?" videos again!  

(I do feel like September and October are heavy on the icy shimmer, so I'm wondering if there's a trilogy in the works, which would mean that November would have a third installment with a champagne Pigment Luster to be used as a highlighter so all three boxes could work together for an ice princess theme.)

Whoa, I love the ice princess idea!  That would be amazing for winter.

I received my box today as well and I am thrilled.  I was getting a bit bored, and I am really happy to see a mix of products and colors this month.

Got my box today as well! I'm really happy since the liner was one I was looking at buying anyway. I tried the lippy on top of my UD Stain and it worked great, made my dark burgundy stained lips have a cool opalescent shimmer.

My NARS One Night Stand Palette was delivered yesterday and my box arrived today. Two blush palettes in two days, I'm winning at life!

Guys, my package went from California to Puerto Rico. Is this normal!?!? I am in Georgia. I've never seen a package take this path.

Puerto Rico! Well dang... wish I was in that box! Free vacation! LOL But seriously, no not normal.

This is my first Star Box and my first Starlooks products. I have to say, I'm in LOVE!! I'm definitely hooked on this subscription and thinking about getting a second one for my 15 year old daughter so she doesn't take all my stuff. 
rolleyes.gif

I agree I miss the  "Why, Marci?" videos.

The tender gloss that we received in this months box is my ultimate favorite.  I am not a huge lip color person but I have been completely hooked on this particular one.  Love at last??  I think so!!! I was extremely disappointed this morning while I was driving to work when I realized I left my gloss at home--what was I thinking.  Thanks Marci for the awesomeness.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I agree I miss the  "Why, Marci?" videos.

@JC327 @meaganola I wonder what happened to them?
frown.gif
Do ya'll know?

Back