Starlooks Starbox April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually kinda bummed. I can't wear makeup with bismuth oxychloride so I can't use the powder. I'm excited for the rest of the box, but don't know what to do with the powder.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually kinda bummed. I can't wear makeup with bismuth oxychloride so I can't use the powder. I'm excited for the rest of the box, but don't know what to do with the powder.
I bet it would trade pretty quickly :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet it would trade pretty quickly
smile.gif

That's a good idea. I've been meaning to update my thread, I haven't traded for awhile bc I've been busy with school.

I know what you mean, I haven't been trading just because it's so hard for me to get to the dang post office because of my work hours! But there seems to be a lot of interest in the product so I bet it would go well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been using the tendergloss every day and I am in love with it...buying more colors soon! Not that I need them, with my shoebox full of lippies...ugh but so perfect...

Which one of the powders did you get?

Yay, I got the translucent white powder and Basic lipstick!  I'm pale with not-pale lips, so both of these are more or less invisible on me, although Basic is a teensy bit shimmery.  I normally like bold color on my lips, but I went a little bit overboard with the eyeshadow and stila turquoise smudge stick yesterday (I was just running such glamorous errands as get my car's emissions tested and buy tater tots), so it was probably a good thing that this one had almost no color on me.  I have a feeling I'm going to be getting a whole bunch of those Tenderglosses in various shades between now and the end of the year.  I love my Tipsy lipstick and gloss, and it's available in Tendergloss and Infinity lipstick, too, so I kind of want to get one of everything in that color.  

(And I said this in my blog post about this box, but I'll say it here, too:  I am *not* a neutrals fan.  I was afraid it would be a box of neutral eye stuff, and I just don't use that stuff.  There's a reason I'm now obsessed with Glamour Doll Eyes.  But a setting powder I was going to buy anyway at a higher price than the Starbox cost, a lipstick with a subtle shimmer, and a lip balm with SPF?  Perfect.)

I wanted to love the mascara primer/base so much but dang those fibers in it!!

They just itch my eyes all day long :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wish there was a way to prevent that...maybe I put too much?

Anyone else had the same problem?

I've used a tissue to gently wipe off extra fibers on mascara wands before, haven't tried it with primer though but I'm sure it would work. I'm not a fan of fibers in mascara.

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They just itch my eyes all day long :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aw, I'm sorry!
frown.gif
I only used one coat, and I didn't have any problems. I didn't put too much on, it's actually fairly hard to tell how much you're putting since it's so light, so I just used a few swipes and that seriously boosted my lashes length and thickness. Try putting less on, maybe that'll help! Hope it does
smile.gif

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes!  I was afraid I just had a bad batch!  It feels/looks like I'm trying to prime my lash with a bird feather or a down pillow.  Very strange. My boyfriend keeps telling me it looks like there's something caught in my eyelashes....because there is!

Regardless, it still looks good under mascara -- it's just a slightly odd product.  

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure if anyone's posted a swatch of the lipcolor I got... 

Polish

I'm so in love with this month's box!
OOOOO! so pretty!

Originally Posted by glamourcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just cancelled ipsy and paused Goodies to try out Starlooks.  Looking back at the past few bags from ipsy, I haven't used many of the items at all.  Goodies has been underwhelming lately, but I'm staying subscribed in just in case. 
smile.gif

Now I just wish I had done this last month instead, because this month looks amazing! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Good call! I get my goodies box tuesday. They have really gone down hill since the first few months and I'm thinking about canceling. 

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good call! I get my goodies box tuesday. They have really gone down hill since the first few months and I'm thinking about canceling. 
I have my Goodies on pause til august. The quality of the items have gotten progressively worse. 

I am in love with this box. I have gotten sample boxed out lately, with lots of mascara samples and hair spray samples, and lip glosses. I was about give up on all of them. But this box was a refreshing surprise. I look forward to trying the primer with the myriad of mascaras I have waiting in line. And the balm, OMG I cannot stop using it. I got the tendergloss in Basic. As everyone else said the color in the tube is a little misleading, but it looks so lovely on. Sheer, and layerable. Great application. I am hooked on Starlooks. Canceling most of my other boxes for a while and sticking with this one. Very happy camper. :)

I had a bad experience with the lash primer today. My eyes were bothering me as soon as I put it on and by late afternoon my right eye was bright red. I think one of the fibers scratched my eye. As soon as I got home from work I washed my face immediately and 4 hours later my eye is still hurting and red. Hopefully it will be better by tomorrow morning, don't want to miss work for a dr.'s appointment. I wonder if I should contact Starlooks, not to get money or anything but to let them know this product might be harmful. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. In other news I love the tender gloss. It goes on so smoothly and is a my lips but better color. I got polish, btw.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

CS is amazing. and the email is [email protected] Assuming you even have to send an email and Marci hasn't already sent you a PM on here ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank you for the info!

That must mean they are amazing lol.

I used a promo code for a free item on my first box but I didn't receive it. I didn't know if they send it out later...or maybe the promo code didn't go through but I met all the requirements so who knows. 

Back