Starlooks Starbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got another "shipping" email from Starlooks!  I think it's my birthday box!  Woo-hoo! 
party.gif

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got another "shipping" email from Starlooks!  I think it's my birthday box!  Woo-hoo! 
party.gif
Yay! let us know what you get.

party.gif
Me too! Happy birthday to us!!!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay!!!! I got notification for my birthday box too!

Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

party.gif

Me too! Happy birthday to us!!!

birthday.gif
 hope you all get great birthday boxes!

Can't wait to see what all you Birthday peeps are getting, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Starlooks! I love you! I emailed them to let them know I got a damaged prism, they emailed me back that they would send me a new one, and now I have TWO gorgeous prisms!!!

Whoa, those look amazing!  Their CS is so awesome =)

Oh Starlooks! I love you! I emailed them to let them know I got a damaged prism, they emailed me back that they would send me a new one, and now I have TWO gorgeous prisms!!!

Love those! that blue heart is so pretty.

I got my birthday box, here it is:

Soft small dome fluff brush, #858

Lip Gloss in Make Out

Bronzing Pigment in Pennywise (half size? not sure)

I'm grateful for the birthday box, I think it's really generous that they do this, and it's a nice surprise for sure. That being said.. I think I'm cancelling. I think whoever curates the boxes just has VERY different tastes than I do. I won't ever use a shimmery pink lip gloss, or bronzing pigment, or any of the items in my regular August box. I will use the brush, but I guess after two boxes with like a 16% success rate, I need to stop complaining and cancel, lol.  

Wowza!!!! Now why didn't they just send THOSE out?! Gorgeous!

Lip Gloss in Make Out

I'm grateful for the birthday box, I think it's really generous that they do this, and it's a nice surprise for sure. That being said.. I think I'm cancelling. I think whoever curates the boxes just has VERY different tastes than I do. I won't ever use a shimmery pink lip gloss, or bronzing pigment, or any of the items in my regular August box. I will use the brush, but I guess after two boxes with like a 16% success rate, I need to stop complaining and cancel, lol.  

That's an odd box, considering the pigment went out in July and the brush was in January's box. I just assumed the birthday box would be different stuff.

Lip Gloss in Make Out

I will die of happiness if this is my birthday boxy!!!!! I want that brush so bad! Pennywise is the most gorgeous pigment ever, and I will use that color lipgloss. It's my jam!

I agree with you ewiggy. It sounds like SL just isn't for you. Some subs are like that! For example, I don't like nail polish so obviously Julep isn't for me and that's okay. 

SL was put on the chopping block for me for a few months so I can use up some of my stuff. I still love the sub and will probably check out the website and this thread to see if anything pops up that I want to buy. I REALLY need to use my current stash though. It's out of control.

Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's an odd box, considering the pigment went out in July and the brush was in January's box. I just assumed the birthday box would be different stuff.

Hmm, maybe they look at your account and just pick items for you? I wasn't subbed in July, so all of this is new stuff to me still. I actually thought I read on MUT that the birthday boxes were all the same for any given period (each year, maybe?) but maybe I misunderstood or whoever said that was mistaken.. Or maybe this is this year's bday box? Who knows.

I will die of happiness if this is my birthday boxy!!!!! I want that brush so bad! Pennywise is the most gorgeous pigment ever, and I will use that color lipgloss. It's my jam!

I agree with you ewiggy. It sounds like SL just isn't for you. Some subs are like that! For example, I don't like nail polish so obviously Julep isn't for me and that's okay. 
Haha, well maybe if you get different stuff you don't care for, we can trade :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Looking forward to seeing what everyone else gets, if there's variations!  A lot of Starlooks subbies are really passionate about it, so I was totally hoping to love it, too!  Oh well, there's still my first true love, Ipsy, lol!

Quote: Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm, maybe they look at your account and just pick items for you? I wasn't subbed in July, so all of this is new stuff to me still. I actually thought I read on MUT that the birthday boxes were all the same for any given period (each year, maybe?) but maybe I misunderstood or whoever said that was mistaken.. Or maybe this is this year's bday box? Who knows.

Haha, well maybe if you get different stuff you don't care for, we can trade :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Looking forward to seeing what everyone else gets, if there's variations!  A lot of Starlooks subbies are really passionate about it, so I was totally hoping to love it, too!  Oh well, there's still my first true love, Ipsy, lol!

The birthday boxes used to be the same all year! But a few months ago they started sending out different ones.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The birthday boxes used to be the same all year! But a few months ago they started sending out different ones.
Yup! For a while the one that I saw going out constantly was the Kinky lip liner, lipstick and Onyx eyeliner. That's the one I received as well, back in March. Shortly after than is when I saw some variety going out.

Latest posts

Back