Starlooks Starbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a swatch of the g-word:

Not the kind of glitter I was expecting! Also not very emerald. I actually have a couple of cream eyeshadows that are close to this. I have so many shimmery green pigments i already use on my eyes that I'll probably end up using this one on my nails because it seems very much like something I want on my tips! Also, just because I can, the lipsticks. Endless on top, Eons on bottom.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh I love this!  It looks a bit pinker than "Polish", which I got a few months ago.  Thank you so much for sharing this pic! Do you like the Infinity lipsticks?  How do you think they compare to the Tenderglosses?  
I do not own any Tenderglosses, unfortunately, but I really like the formula of Infinities. It's actually kind of mosturizing for a long-lasting lipstick, which I like. I wore it today and it lasted a good 5 hours before I had to reapply.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do not own any Tenderglosses, unfortunately, but I really like the formula of Infinities. It's actually kind of mosturizing for a long-lasting lipstick, which I like. I wore it today and it lasted a good 5 hours before I had to reapply.
I'm very excited to try these! The colors look really nice.

Ok, finally had a moment to take pics:

The lighting in my apartment tends to be very "yellow", so the colors are as good as I could get them. Not far off, but not perfect. 

Yay, my box was delivered today!  I am pretty happy with it:

I probably will not use the glitter a ton but the color is pretty.  The lipsticks are nice, wearable colors.  The lighter one seems pretty versatile to me.  I was worried it would be too sheer to cover my lip freckle but it layered up to decent coverage.  My cat already bit a big dent into one of the lipstick caps.  I used to think she liked me.

Sooo, I am going through all the paper inserts and whatnot.  The item there are two of looks nothing like what is being modeled on the largest flyer to me.  And now I have box envy.  From inside my own box, lol.  If anyone has any tips or suggestions to make them look a bit more glam, please let me know! 
smile.gif

Because I'm obsessed with photographing all of my boxes...

The lippies are great. Very flattering "safe" colors and it feels fairly moisturizing. I'll try the glitter on my nails but it's not going anywhere near my face. It's a beautiful color though! I will probably use my prism as a Christmas ornament. I can't help but think of the Wizard of Oz when I look at it. I wish I could turn the quartz crystal into an eyeliner or something more useful. Also, I didn't know the quartz was a "thing" with Starlooks so I guess I must have thrown away last month's crystal. Oops!

So....I just received my box today, and I love the lipsticks, love the glitter...but um....I received this not-so-pretty BROWN teardrop prism...what the? I wouldn't have minded the square prisms, but this one???

Come on Starlooks, I adore you, but sending out this one as an alternative the blue/green or clear/multicolored squares is really weird.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So....I just received my box today, and I love the lipsticks, love the glitter...but um....I received this not-so-pretty BROWN teardrop prism...what the? I wouldn't have minded the square prisms, but this one???

Come on Starlooks, I adore you, but sending out this one as an alternative the blue/green or clear/multicolored squares is really weird.
I received the same one as well.

I got a red one... And half the red was worn off!

That's crazy you should write to them.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did.  Not to request another one, but just to let them know.  And they're totally sending me another one!  I love their customer service.  

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did.  Not to request another one, but just to let them know.  And they're totally sending me another one!  I love their customer service.  

That's great!

I just got my box & I got the red crystal (rubbed off) too. I just tried Eons Infinity Lipstick & let me tell you, they changed their formula for the infinity lipsticks! This stuff applied like butter!!! I got an infinity lipstick (called Slice) for my birthday the 1st week of July & I love it, but like most long wearing lipsticks it dragged on my lips & kind of dried them out. It was still one of my favorites because of the color (coral), but I hated how dry it was. These new guys are amazing! Now I want to buy some more of these as well as a few tender glosses with the coupon code that came in the box.

I got my box too! The pinkish color Infinity is perfect for me! Love love love it! Endless is okay but it doesn't really show up on me. It's still nice to have. Maybe a liner will get it to show up more. I like the way it swatches!

I put the Emerald glitter over the clear iprimer and sprayed UD setting spray on it and it's staying quite well and is gorgeous!!!!!

Has anyone not received shipping yet? Neither my mom or I have gotten an email or our boxes. And my mom emailed starlooks last month about her birthday box & never received a reply. Weird because I keep hearing how great their CS is.

Originally Posted by Jflopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone not received shipping yet? Neither my mom or I have gotten an email or our boxes. And my mom emailed starlooks last month about her birthday box & never received a reply. Weird because I keep hearing how great their CS is.
The only time I dealt with their CS was when I called and they picked up immediately and took care of the problem right then.

I also got the ugly amber teardrop prism. Not something I want to display anywhere. I'll give it to my 3 year old daughter to use as a jewel for dress-up.

Latest posts

Back