Starlooks Starbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my birthday box, here it is:

Soft small dome fluff brush, #858

Lip Gloss in Make Out

Bronzing Pigment in Pennywise (half size? not sure)

I'm grateful for the birthday box, I think it's really generous that they do this, and it's a nice surprise for sure. That being said.. I think I'm cancelling. I think whoever curates the boxes just has VERY different tastes than I do. I won't ever use a shimmery pink lip gloss, or bronzing pigment, or any of the items in my regular August box. I will use the brush, but I guess after two boxes with like a 16% success rate, I need to stop complaining and cancel, lol.  
I would be OK with this as my birthday box.  Yes, I've gotten two of the items before, but I can always use another brush, the gloss is pretty, and the pigment will make a good gift!  It'll be interesting to see if we get the same things, as I've been subbed since March!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I signed back up for Starlooks. So how does she know it's your birth month?
When I first signed up, it was part of the form I filled out.  But several people have posted that it wasn't a question in their sign-up process, and they just emailed Starlooks - CS was able to manually add it to their account!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh Starlooks! I love you! I emailed them to let them know I got a damaged prism, they emailed me back that they would send me a new one, and now I have TWO gorgeous prisms!!!

Wowza!!!! Now why didn't they just send THOSE out?! Gorgeous!

Exactly!  They're HUGE in comparison to the first one I got, and the bluey-purple heart is so pretty!  The clear one is definitely going in a window, it throws rainbows everywhere!

I finally had a chance to go through my August starbox and I love it! Here are my swatches and pics!

Infinity Lipstick in Endless

Endless is very lovely! A soft pink satin with a champagne-pink shimmer. It's very thin and not very pigmented but it's gorgeous for a daytime look or I think it'd be stunning over several brighter matte as bases!

Infinity Lipstick in Eons

I looooove Eons! It's a gorgeous dark dusty rose that is nicely pigmented and blends easily for a softer rose red-pink tint.

What I find interesting is that it SEEMS like the Infinity Lipsticks should last longer than say their Tendergloss lipstick, etc, but they don't! Endless only lasted about 3 hours and Eons...maaaaybe 4. They fade nicely though, and don't feather or smudge, but typically I need a lipstick that lasts at least 5 before needing touchups since I have to talk a lot at my job which makes the lipstick fade quicker.

Glitter Glam in Emerald

Could you not just DIE....I LOVE THIS! Obviously, as you can see, applied dry there is no pigmentation at all, there is just a sheen of shimmery gold glitter. Unfortunately, I don't have a glitter primer, but I just mixed it with water and it turned into a loose paste that I applied to my hand with a small angled brush and as you can see it turned out just fine! Once you spray a setting spray over it, it sets it excellently!

Here's a closeup of the glitter in the sunlight since it didn't pick up well at all in my face shot. It still BARELY picks up here!

I tried to come up with a fun, mermaid-y inspired look with the products that wasn't too over the top and could be used for daytime/nighttime/nightout and even some business (well at least mine LOL)

I used the Eons lipstick all over my lips and swiped Endless right in the center just to give it some highlight. I also patted the glitter towards the inner corners of my eyes and lined it slightly above and out towards the black eyeliner. Which coincidentally happens to be Starlooks Precision eyeliner! LOL Come to think of it, a lot of the stuff I'm wearing in this shot are Starlooks products!

I finally had a chance to go through my August starbox and I love it! Here are my swatches and pics!

Endless is very lovely! A soft pink satin with a champagne-pink shimmer. It's very thin and not very pigmented but it's gorgeous for a daytime look or I think it'd be stunning over several brighter matte as bases!

I looooove Eons! It's a gorgeous dark dusty rose that is nicely pigmented and blends easily for a softer rose red-pink tint.

What I find interesting is that it SEEMS like the Infinity Lipsticks should last longer than say their Tendergloss lipstick, etc, but they don't! Endless only lasted about 3 hours and Eons...maaaaybe 4. They fade nicely though, and don't feather or smudge, but typically I need a lipstick that lasts at least 5 before needing touchups since I have to talk a lot at my job which makes the lipstick fade quicker.

Glitter Glam in Emerald

Could you not just DIE....I LOVE THIS! Obviously, as you can see, applied dry there is no pigmentation at all, there is just a sheen of shimmery gold glitter. Unfortunately, I don't have a glitter primer, but I just mixed it with water and it turned into a loose paste that I applied to my hand with a small angled brush and as you can see it turned out just fine! Once you spray a setting spray over it, it sets it excellently!

Here's a closeup of the glitter in the sunlight since it didn't pick up well at all in my face shot. It still BARELY picks up here!

I tried to come up with a fun, mermaid-y inspired look with the products that wasn't too over the top and could be used for daytime/nighttime/nightout and even some business (well at least mine LOL)

I used the Eons lipstick all over my lips and swiped Endless right in the center just to give it some highlight. I also patted the glitter towards the inner corners of my eyes and lined it slightly above and out towards the black eyeliner. Which coincidentally happens to be Starlooks Precision eyeliner! LOL Come to think of it, a lot of the stuff I'm wearing in this shot are Starlooks products!
LOVE IT!!!! Perfection!

I agree that Eons is my favorite!!!! It's my perfect everyday color.

SO. PRETTY!!!  I cannot wait to try Eons now!  And thanks for the idea to apply the glitter wet!  It looks amazing that way!

Glitter Glam in Emerald

I love how you put everything together, I cant wait to get my box!

Got my birthday box!

Same as ewiggy's, but with glitter in Quartz instead of the penny wise pigment. I love it! I'll probably give the gloss away because it looks exactly the same as the one in my feb box, but so excited for another brush and the glitter!

-soft small dome fluff brush #858

-lip gloss in Make Out (looks exactly like Pink Oasis!)

-glitter in Quartz

Got my birthday box!

Same as ewiggy's, but with glitter in Quartz instead of the penny wise pigment. I love it! I'll probably give the gloss away because it looks exactly the same as the one in my feb box, but so excited for another brush and the glitter!

-glitter in Quartz

That's a great birthday box!

Got my birthday box!

-glitter in Quartz

Awesome gift! 

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my birthday box!

-glitter in Quartz

Thank you!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my birthday box!

-glitter in Quartz

Awesome gift! 

Thank you!

I got my box today and my prism was damaged :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Email them!  Mine was damaged, I sent them a pic of the damaged prism, and they mailed me 2 new (and much prettier) ones!

Got my birthday box!

-glitter in Quartz

Thank you!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my birthday box!

-glitter in Quartz

Awesome gift!

Thank you!

I got my box today and my prism was damaged :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Email them!  Mine was damaged, I sent them a pic of the damaged prism, and they mailed me 2 new (and much prettier) ones!

Thanks for the suggestion, you did get some really pretty ones. I will go ahead and email them then report what they say.

Quote: Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  LOVE IT!!!! Perfection!

I agree that Eons is my favorite!!!! It's my perfect everyday color.

SO. PRETTY!!!  I cannot wait to try Eons now!  And thanks for the idea to apply the glitter wet!  It looks amazing that way!

I love how you put everything together, I cant wait to get my box!
Thank you ladies
wub.gif

Got my birthday box!

-glitter in Quartz
What a fab box! Love the glittah and brush
smile.gif

Oh no! Good luck emailing them, I hope they sent you some fancy ones!

Quote: Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the same birthday box! I LOVE that brush!!!!

Me too!  I wasn't subscribed in January, but I bought the box, and it's my favorite brush EVER for applying loose pigments!  I'm so happy to have an extra!

Here are my replacement crystals, they got here super fast! Also thanks Magicalmom for suggesting I email them.

Back