Starlooks Starbox - February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish it wasn't all in "Tipsy", I thought there would be a range of colors, or different options.  Coral is definitely not my color!  Today I was playing around with the Feb box and put the Tipsy pencil all over my lips and it was... bad.  Luckily, I remembered OiiO's picture where she put the gloss over it.  Somehow, the Tipsy liner + the Pink Oasis gloss combines to make this weirdly perfect pink color, I can't explain it.

Are they not selling the February box for people that are not subscribers? I won the january box in the contest and I really wanted to purchase the February box. I see they have the Lauren Clark box but it doesn't have the pink eyeliner.

Urgh, I want the February box *and* the Lauren Clark set! But I don't want to buy the box items individually!

I just realized I was referring to being a julep maven. I'm getting my beauty subscriptions mixed up...I guess I shouldn't have skipped my coffe this morning lol

I just tried the gel liner and was pleasantly surprised at how it sheered out. Very pretty! I used it as an all over color and I can feel a stickiness when I blink. I think the next time I'll use it as a liner.

Ooh I thought I read there was a small fee for boxes. Even better!!!!! I can't wait to sub!

The FAQ says that USPS first class is free for regular orders. Expedited is extra.
Ooh I thought I read there was a small fee for boxes. Even better!!!!! I can't wait to sub!
Oh, the sub isn't the same as a regular order! I thought you were asking about the latter. For the sub, it's $1.98, so the total is $16.98. Still a good deal!

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I was reading reviews of this box and saw that people were describing the texture of the liquid blush as more liquidy whereas mine is like a paste. I'm so confused!
Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine is really thick too.  It was hard to get out of the tube and it was hard to blend.
Mine was so thick, I thought that I'd gotten an old tube that had dried solid.  It took several minutes for me to get any to squeeze out.

After all that work, I discovered that the color just won't work for me.  On my face it makes me look like I either have a sunburn or I've been drinking liquor.   On my lips it's a chalky pink color.  It's not too bad as an eyeshadow, but I have oily eyelids, so I don't think it will work there either.

Hello Ladies, I have a little feedback for all your wonderful comments! 

-I'm REALLY excited to get this February "Why, Marci" video out, even though I feel like such a weirdo still doing vids. I'll get to show you three fantastic ways to use this HD blush, and if the texture doesn't seem right to you, it will show you how to mix other products to make it something you will fall in love with, and also show you that this particular color can be worn on all skin tones. I am also SO excited to apply one of Lauren's signature looks! Hopefully you will enjoy some of my tips! The blush is definitely not a "typical" product you see everywhere, but one of my favorites, and goes really well with the other February items.

-Of course we realize that Starbox is the best deal money-wise... I tried to make our Lauren Clark set a little less moula, but couldn't do it, because our PRO Products are manufactured with the finest ingredients! I don't want to sacrifice the quality of our products and ingredients to make our line cheaper- at that point, we wouldn't be PRO anymore, we would be another drug store brand, with the same texture, color pay-off and lastability as less high end lines... I'm sure you die hard fans understand the true quality of our items. And I do hope that as we continue to help sponsor artists all over the world like Lauren Clark, you'll see we're supporting their true artistry with beautiful colors, and quality products and bringing them into the limelight! This is the main reason to invest in their collectors items, and Starlooks supports all of you artists!

And remember, these Lauren Clark items are discounted while in her set, so after these colors go back into the regular line, they will go back to their ever-so-slightly higher retail price, so now is the time to get them if you love them! 

We promise you will LOVE upcoming months, especially Starbox, and through trying our products, we are confident you will hold us up there with lines like Chanel, Dior and MAC- which is our goal! (Oh, and we promise, we will always be more affordable ;-).

WE LOVE YOU! 

-Marci, and the Starlooks Team.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Urgh, I want the February box *and* the Lauren Clark set! But I don't want to buy the box items individually!
Me too.

YAY! INSTAORDER! (I think all-caps is in order for that!) ETA: It's up! Order placed! (Whoops, bought the version of the Lauren Clark box with the liner. Now I'll have two. Oh, well, I'll just have one for home *and* my makeup bag.)

Latest posts

Back