Starlooks Starbox - February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by marcistarlooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

PS. We forgot to mention..... FEBRUARY PAST STARBOX IS GOING UP TODAY! CHECK THE SITE SOON!!

- The Starlooks Team.
YAY! Ordered.  I'm so glad i'm subbed going forward, this is now the second past box i've ordered in the last week:)

Can anyone confirm if CA residents have to pay tax on the monthly subscription?  I am considering subbing but $15 (sub fee) $1.98 S+H + tax at 8% this could be getting to Glossybox prices!  TIA!

I am only speaking for myself when I say pricey In the meaning I just got a Starbox the week before with brand new products that I haven't really used yet and then a few days later order the collection somewhat similar for that price . It would be a waste of money to buy similar items ! Maybe next time just throwing it out alter items it would make it a lot harder to say no! Just my thoughts:) I do love my Starbox and will always continue with Starlooks !

I love looking at my rent getting taken out and seeing how much money I have left. Off to buy the lipstick. Grabbed that and the lip gloss. I'm such a sucker for Starlooks.

I would feel guilty about getting both boxes and the extra lip liner, but I have *nothing* even close to these colors, I tend to focus on my lips, and I was just thinking about how I wanted something along this line just last week before I saw what was in the February box. I spent a ton of money on makeup over the weekend, but it was almost all eye and nail stuff. The blushes are the things I feel like might be a waste for me: Using blush is a brand new thing for me that I just started using this week (and MAC started up when I was in high school, so I'm getting a very late start in wearing this stuff), but if I can use it on my lips, I will definitely explore that option as well. (Also, this is the tail end of my oh-hey-I-got-a-bonus shopping spree, so it's my reward for getting through the past year.)

I'm so addicted to blush - had to buy it along w/ the purple diamondliner. There goes my no buy for March!

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am only speaking for myself when I say pricey

In the meaning I just got a Starbox the week before with brand new products that I haven't really used yet and then a few days later order the collection somewhat similar for that price . It would be a waste of money to buy similar items ! Maybe next time just throwing it out alter items it would make it a lot harder to say no! Just my thoughts:) I do love my Starbox and will always continue with Starlooks !
I just received both boxes today, and aside from the Tipsy liner (and you can get a Signature collection without it), they're *nothing* alike.  Please forgive the smudging (I was trying to show how well these blended out, but I need more practice -- and alone time, AND,YEAH, I MEAN YOU, CATS! -- at doing that on the back of my hand!).  Top photo is the February box, and bottom photo is the Signature box:

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received both boxes today, and aside from the Tipsy liner (and you can get a Signature collection without it), they're *nothing* alike.  Please forgive the smudging (I was trying to show how well these blended out, but I need more practice -- and alone time, AND,YEAH, I MEAN YOU, CATS! -- at doing that on the back of my hand!).  Top photo is the February box, and bottom photo is the Signature box:

The signature one looks really coral, but I'm thinking that might lighting + camera? 

The signature one looks really coral, but I'm thinking that might lighting + camera? 
It looks accurate to my eye. And I was really not too wild about it when I first put it on, but the longer the day wears on, the more I like it. I'm not big on the liner, but I don't like lip liner in general, so I'm not too surprised about that, and I'm extra happy I got the rest of the set. ETA: And, yeah, it's coral, which is why I was iffy on it. Not really a color I can ever remember wearing. Like, *ever*. Not even clothing.

Is anyone else having issues with the eyeliner from this box transfer onto the skin with color ? When I use it as an eyeliner I swear its like nothing:* ( any tips to get my eyeliner to show?

It looks accurate to my eye. And I was really not too wild about it when I first put it on, but the longer the day wears on, the more I like it. I'm not big on the liner, but I don't like lip liner in general, so I'm not too surprised about that, and I'm extra happy I got the rest of the set.

ETA: And, yeah, it's coral, which is why I was iffy on it. Not really a color I can ever remember wearing. Like, *ever*. Not even clothing.
ok I thought her stuff was pink so the picture is right then and in that case, yup both are super different :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ok I thought her stuff was pink so the picture is right then and in that case, yup both are super different :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm on my phone, so I can't post a link or the photo, but I did a box review on my blog that has both sets side by side in the same box for a single-photo comparison, although you can't see the lipstick in that shot. Oh! It's on my Instagram account, too, with the #starlooks tag. Also, the Tipsy liner in both photos was the exact same pencil, in case the photos look different on other screens: far right on the top, second from the right in the bottom. And I wore the Cheeky Luscious blush from the Signature box today, and I was nervous that it was screaming neon, but I asked a coworker how it looked, and she could barely tell I was wearing it, so it blends out nicely. (Then she asked why my ears were bright red, but that's a completely different issue: when I'm tired, my ears turn flaming red. They've done this my entire life, and my brother is the same way. The spring time change kicks my ass every single year!)

I'm on my phone, so I can't post a link or the photo, but I did a box review on my blog that has both sets side by side in the same box for a single-photo comparison, although you can't see the lipstick in that shot. Oh! It's on my Instagram account, too, with the #starlooks tag. Also, the Tipsy liner in both photos was the exact same pencil, in case the photos look different on other screens: far right on the top, second from the right in the bottom.

And I wore the Cheeky Luscious blush from the Signature box today, and I was nervous that it was screaming neon, but I asked a coworker how it looked, and she could barely tell I was wearing it, so it blends out nicely.

(Then she asked why my ears were bright red, but that's a completely different issue: when I'm tired, my ears turn flaming red. They've done this my entire life, and my brother is the same way. The spring time change kicks my ass every single year!)
I see them now it's like a coral-pink versus a more blue pink

I have to say that the more I use the Cheeky Luscious blush (from the Signature collection, not the regular monthly box), the more I like it! I think it might be my favorite of what I currently own. I'm really surprised because I usually stay far away from corals.

The colors I picked are DEFINITELY coral lol, that's why I picked them! I'm obsessed! Sorry if they're not your cup of tea, but if I chose something more neutral, then it wouldn't be my signature color! haha.

Ive read that a few people are having a hard time with the blush. I'm not sure who said it was liquidy, or why in the world they'd say that, but it's definitely designed to be more of a paste. Extremely thick. Put a dot on the back of your hand, and take your middle finger and tap it in there and get the product on your finger nice an even, then tap it out on the cheeks. I find it very easy to blend.

Also, did anyone here get the January box with that amazing coral blush? I've found that for even more longevity, you can apply a light dusting of that blush overtop my new Cheeky Luscious HD Fluid blush since they're about the same color.

Also, as far as I know, there's only about 2-4 of my sets left, so grab it while you can!

xo

LC

The first few times I used the Cheeky Luscious, I did end up with weird liquidy splurts before the paste-y consistency started coming out. It was kind of like it was separating or draining. It hasn't happened in a few days, though. And it didn't happen at all with Barbie.

The only problem I have with the fluid blush is I can't wash it off the back of my hand afterwards lol other than that, I really like it! I'll admit, I was a little intimidated by it but was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to work with!

Back