Starlooks Starbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has everyone else already received their shipping notification? I subscribed at the beginning of July & my card was charged immediately but I have not yet received any word on my box...

I am now absolutely obsessed with the mystery items I received! The lilac eyeshadow is absolutely gorgeous! Pic and short review in spoiler -

I'm so sorry if I look melancholy...I tend to look melancholy on my left side when I don't smile LOL Seriously, random strangers have come up to me and asked: "Hun, are you OK? Smile, it's not that bad." and I was in a perfectly happy and cheery mood! It's crazy!
smileno.gif
Anyways, I'm wearing all three mystery items I received...the Pink Shimmer eyeshadow on the upper eyelid, then blended it into the Lined with Lilac eyeshadow on the lid, as well as the Indigo Frost eyeliner! I used the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk as a primer to brighten the colors and up the pigmentation (as they go on a little soft). The eyeliner dragged a bit and was a little rough and I'm wondering if it'd work better with the quick flame technique...I don't have a lighter so I didn't have a chance to try! I absolutely adore the color though!
wub.gif

That is exactly why I refuse to cancel a sub until I receive a box or it is well on its way. Companies can be so shady. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You canceled right? I did too & didn't receive notification. Yesterday, hubbster called for me and they weren't going to send it even though I already paid for July. Supposedly sending today but still haven't received notification - I already emailed. Can't say I regret canceling!
I'm having the same problem. Cancelled because my card had already been charged for July & didn't want to be charged for August. But I still haven't received a shipping notification, I assume for the same reason.

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Starbox and my birthday box both came today!! I put the birthday box behind the second spoiler in case anyone wants to be surprised. It was not what I expected to get from having seen pics of others birthday gifts. I am so blown away by Starlooks this month! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

4 Shade Lip Palette & Onyx Eye Liner ($57 retail value)

I was totally expecting the Kinky Lipstick & liner combo that I saw others receive. I could not be happier with this awesome birthday surprise! 

That is an awesome birthday gift, I wish it was my birthday again lol.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am now absolutely obsessed with the mystery items I received! The lilac eyeshadow is absolutely gorgeous! Pic and short review in spoiler -

I'm so sorry if I look melancholy...I tend to look melancholy on my left side when I don't smile LOL Seriously, random strangers have come up to me and asked: "Hun, are you OK? Smile, it's not that bad." and I was in a perfectly happy and cheery mood! It's crazy!
smileno.gif
Anyways, I'm wearing all three mystery items I received...the Pink Shimmer eyeshadow on the upper eyelid, then blended it into the Lined with Lilac eyeshadow on the lid, as well as the Indigo Frost eyeliner! I used the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk as a primer to brighten the colors and up the pigmentation (as they go on a little soft). The eyeliner dragged a bit and was a little rough and I'm wondering if it'd work better with the quick flame technique...I don't have a lighter so I didn't have a chance to try! I absolutely adore the color though!
wub.gif

Those colors look gorgeous on you.

Got my Starbox and mystery items. Love it all. I did my first ever youtube video also! 

It is just the Starbox unboxing! It was my first box and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! 

I just cancelled, not because I wanted to, but for financial reasons :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Once I'm working again I'll resubscribe.

smileno.gif
wub.gif

freaking beautiful with blue eyes. i have a lilac shadow at home. i should wear it sometime!! Sorry, but is the nix jumbo pemcil you used a white color? Does it stay on well?

I love this months palette so hardcore. I think it's the PERFECT transitional palette from Summer to Fall. They can be summery or fall depending on how you use them. I love every single color and they stay really well with the iprimer. Love, love, love! The pigment is just as gorgeous as I thought it would be. I'm so happy to have it!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love this months palette so hardcore. I think it's the PERFECT transitional palette from Summer to Fall. They can be summery or fall depending on how you use them. I love every single color and they stay really well with the iprimer. Love, love, love! The pigment is just as gorgeous as I thought it would be. I'm so happy to have it!
I totally agree about the palette being absolutely perfect for the Summer to Fall transition. I am definitely going to be using it a ton over the next few months! 
smilehappyyes.gif

I totally agree about the palette being absolutely perfect for the Summer to Fall transition. I am definitely going to be using it a ton over the next few months! 
smilehappyyes.gif
Yes, definitely. They're kind of sunset colors, kind of like how if the year is a day, winter would be night (sleepytime night), spring would be morning, summer would be day, and fall would be evening where you are still awake but gearing down for bedtime. Now that I think about it, my color path through the year is a lot like that, too.

I really like the box this month! that being said, I canceled :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I sent an email a few days ago. Didn't get any sort of confirmation or anything.

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

freaking beautiful with blue eyes. i have a lilac shadow at home. i should wear it sometime!! Sorry, but is the nix jumbo pemcil you used a white color? Does it stay on well?
Thank you
wub.gif
Yes, it is their white pencil. I absolutely love it! I've even be told that people use it as a primer only, but I prefer to use Urban Decay's Primer Potion first, then I blend the NYX pencil all over my lids to brighten and help with pigmentation. It keeps the eyeshadow on for...well....forever in my experience lol I highly recommend it!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I couldn't agree more! I think they colors are absolutely stunning! I only had issue with the black shadow though, it's a bit thin even with primer and it's developed some sort of strange....it's not film....it's...ugh....trying to think of the right word....well here, look:

This happened while I was swatching and this happened before to the dark brown color in the Starlooks Brow Bar quad. It gets super hard and no longer powdery on top. I have swatched many a shadow from many different brands and this never happens to anything else. There seems to be something in the Starlooks formula that does this. That dent was me using my fingernails to try to break up the powder but look hard hardened even the dent looks! All the other colors (shimmers) are just fine!

This happened while I was swatching and this happened before to the dark brown color in the Starlooks Brow Bar quad. It gets super hard and no longer powdery on top. I have swatched many a shadow from many different brands and this never happens to anything else. There seems to be something in the Starlooks formula that does this. That dent was me using my fingernails to try to break up the powder but look hard hardened even the dent looks! All the other colors (shimmers) are just fine
I'm having issues with the maroon color and it sounds kind of similar to what's going on with your black. It's weird. I have used the other colors without problem, but the maroon is hardish and when I swipe over it I get practically no color at all. At first I thought it was the brush I was using (even though the same brand of brush worked fine on the other colors), so I tried another brush and still the same. When I used a sponge it picked up some of the color (after applying lots of pressure), but when I try to apply it from the sponge to my eye, practicly nothing shows up. Also tried my finger and got a little on the tip, but it wouldn't transfer from my finger tip to my eye. It was weird.

I had contacted Starlooks over thw weekend to cancel (did via email as they were not open to call) Got this as a response: Did you receive an email with instructions on how to access your Starbox account? If not here is a link: Email Once logged in, navigate to the Manage Subscriptions tab, click on the active sub, then click the "Manage Subscription" button that appears. The cancellation button is on the subscription details page at the very bottom :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I inquired as to if it was possible to cancel without creating an account, as I do not want to create an account just to cancel the sub.

If I have to create an account to cancel I will but I had not created an account as I knew I would not be keeping the sub. It seems silly to me to force someone to create an account who is cancelling. I did not want to have to provide emails, make a log in and pass word etc on the internet that could potentially be compromised. I appreciate you letting me know the cancellation process via the log in,is easy if that is the route they force me to go. If they do not resond to my email I will try calling them to see if they will cancel over the phone.

I got the same email when I contacted star looks about cancelling. Luckily I'd already made an account and it was super easy.

If I have to create an account to cancel I will but I had not created an account as I knew I would not be keeping the sub. It seems silly to me to force someone to create an account who is cancelling. I did not want to have to provide emails, make a log in and pass word etc on the internet that could potentially be compromised. I appreciate you letting me know the cancellation process via the log in,is easy if that is the route they force me to go. If they do not resond to my email I will try calling them to see if they will cancel over the phone.
Yep, your new account has a cancellation option. And good riddance, Starlooks. It's going to be well into August before I recieve my July box. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Poopty Peupty Pants!

Oh no that sucks! I hate when you get a box for the current month in another month! (Looking at you GB!) Hope that your box suprises you and comes sooner!

Yep, your new account has a cancellation option. And good riddance, Starlooks. It's going to be well into August before I recieve my July box. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Poopty Peupty Pants!

Back