Starlooks Starbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no that sucks! I hate when you get a box for the current month in another month! (Looking at you GB!) Hope that your box suprises you and comes sooner!
It's definitely not showing up sooner. I had to all them because I never received tracking and they informed me that my name wasn't even on the list for shipments. I guess once you cancel your just nothing to them anymore. No big deal, I'm throwing my moola at Ulta and Jouer! Boomshakalakaaaa!

My box finally came today!

As expected, I am super happy with the brush - it's soft, and nicer than the similar one I have. I wish they sent out brushes more often and I'd rethink cancelling.

I do like the shadow palette more than I expected to. I particularly like the first champagney shade and the peach one! I have to say, I think this would be better if the 5th shade was something other than the matte black. Matte blacks are notoriously hard to work with for me, and I don't care for them much anyway with my coloring and eyes. It's just not as nice and pigmented as the other shades.

Here are the 5 colors sloppily swatched with my finger on bare skin.

I'll be trying the body butter and the pigment separately...as a pale naturally reddish blonde person, I don't really do bronzing. But Pennywise is pretty. I do have a similar color but I will use it, definitely a good color for fall.

I will still be cancelling at least for a few months. It's very possible I'll sign back up if it seems they start sending out fun colors again! The value's always great, I just have to consider all of my subs this month and the last few were really disappointing to me when it came to the actual products and my usage of them.

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you want the black to show up darker, try it wet. I did and it was fine. 
Not worth it, I have several other black shadows I don't have to do that with, and matte black isn't something I like anyway.

Heard back from Starlooks about cancelling:

Your account has already been created, you just have to log in.   username:  password: 
  I will go ahead and log in for you and cancel the sub.    You might want to check out the account for future reference though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I played with the shadows today...I used all but the black (which I am NOT fond of) and made kind of a sunset eye :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

OOoooooooo, GORGEOUS, I love it! Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of the black myself. The only thing I can somewhat use it for is to pat on top of a black eyeliner for setting. For that I use a small angled brush but other than that, I can do anything with it!

I played with the shadows today...I used all but the black (which I am NOT fond of) and made kind of a sunset eye :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

very pretty! by the way, I like the owls on your shirt!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OOoooooooo, GORGEOUS, I love it! Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of the black myself. The only thing I can somewhat use it for is to pat on top of a black eyeliner for setting. For that I use a small angled brush but other than that, I can do anything with it!
Thanks cookie :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hadn't thought of using it for liner setting, I will do that just so it's not going completely to waste.

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

very nice!
Thanks! I like the colors more than I expected to.

Originally Posted by Glossygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

very pretty! by the way, I like the owls on your shirt!
Aw, thanks! lol, it's a scrub top, I work in a  children's nursing facility :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The only time of year that I ever use black shadow is Halloween, and then I use the hell out of it! I wear liquid eyeliner, so using it to set my liner is unnecessary. Still love this palette though!

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only time of year that I ever use black shadow is Halloween, and then I use the hell out of it! I wear liquid eyeliner, so using it to set my liner is unnecessary. Still love this palette though!
I have a couple of sparkly black shadows I use occasionally :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I always have trouble with matte shadows, though, and a matte BLACK is even trickier for me!

I might find a way to use it around halloween, though! My favorite holiday!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a couple of sparkly black shadows I use occasionally :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I always have trouble with matte shadows, though, and a matte BLACK is even trickier for me!

I might find a way to use it around halloween, though! My favorite holiday!

I use it to set black lipstick and to contour my face. I almost always do spooky/goth style looks for Halloween. 

loooooove iiiiiit!!!  it's almost like an ombre effect, look at you all on trend!  
five.gif

Love it, cant wait to get mine and play with it.

I know everyone is underwhelmed with the black shadow, but I started using it as a liner and I'm hooked. Because it's washed out, it's more of a soft dark grey than a black and really complements the other colors.

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can anyone help this makeup newbie with the best way to use the eye shadows? Thanks!
They work best over a primer or base...the first, lightest shade would be really pretty just all over your lid if you wanted to start subtle :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Maybe a bit of the peach or maroon in the crease :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They work best over a primer or base...the first, lightest shade would be really pretty just all over your lid if you wanted to start subtle :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Maybe a bit of the peach or maroon in the crease :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This is close to what I did today: maroon on the lid, peach in the crease, lightest on the rest. Since it's under 75 degrees today, I dug out my chunky brown UD shadow pencil (Rehab, I think) and used it as liner (I don't like wearing it when it's above 80. It's just one of my Things).

Back