Starlooks Starbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is the palate I got for my birthday (on Saturday).  I've been playing with the colors all weekend.  They are GORGEOUS.  I'm especially in love with the coral color.

Looking at THIS picture from the July Looksbook, I'm 99.9% positive these 3 eyeshadows are from this shadow palate.  I've been playing with them all weekend & I swear the girl on the left is wearing the 1st color (yellow gold), the middle is the 4th color (coral. . . I'm wearing it today & it's definitely the same color), & the last girl has the 5th color (the brownish burgundy color).

And like somebody mentioned before, some of the goldish tones being used as a highlighter is also that yellow color because I've been doing the same thing with it.  I'm also thinking they used the coral color as blush on the 1st two ladies & the brownish burgundy on the last gal.  They are extremely versatile colors.   I love them.

I'll be REALLY surprised if this palate isn't what we're getting in the July box.  I would be a little sad since I already own it, but for everyone who doesn't have it. . . the colors are amazingly gorgeous.  You'll love them.

Here's my thoughts on the July Looksbook.

I'm also hoping for more color in the July box.  Last month's box was my first box and I thought it was a great deal.  The black eyeliner was okay, but I'm loving the white eyeliner and bronzer so far.  If they include any of the eyeshadows from the palettes mentioned above, I'd be super happy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want a bright shimmery coral eye shadow this month. I don't really care where it comes from.
You and me both! 

I really hope we get one of those palettes for July, I was so bummed out by Junes box. I really need some color in my life.

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am also wondering if they are using eyeshadow shades as highlighters in the pics?
Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is the palate I got for my birthday (on Saturday).  I've been playing with the colors all weekend.  They are GORGEOUS.  I'm especially in love with the coral color.

Looking at THIS picture from the July Looksbook, I'm 99.9% positive these 3 eyeshadows are from this shadow palate.  I've been playing with them all weekend & I swear the girl on the left is wearing the 1st color (yellow gold), the middle is the 4th color (coral. . . I'm wearing it today & it's definitely the same color), & the last girl has the 5th color (the brownish burgundy color).

And like somebody mentioned before, some of the goldish tones being used as a highlighter is also that yellow color because I've been doing the same thing with it.  I'm also thinking they used the coral color as blush on the 1st two ladies & the brownish burgundy on the last gal.  They are extremely versatile colors.   I love them.

I'll be REALLY surprised if this palate isn't what we're getting in the July box.  I would be a little sad since I already own it, but for everyone who doesn't have it. . . the colors are amazingly gorgeous.  You'll love them.

Here's my thoughts on the July Looksbook.

Yeah I definitely think that the eyeshadows could be used as blushes and highlighters in the looksbook (are they possibly even being used on the lips?)...and the description talks about the versatility of the products in the july box.

They did give a 5 shadow palette before, so it wouldn't be out of the question.

Oooooo, this Looksbook looks exciting to me! If I'm remembering correctly didn't Marci say...

That the products given in the June box would be usable for the July box? That they were important staples that would be useful for the next month's products??? Or is my crazy Irish brain totally making that up? LOL

If I'm remembering correctly that that would totally make sense to see similar makeup in this month's Looksbook, such as the bronzer, etc!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooooo, this Looksbook looks exciting to me! If I'm remembering correctly didn't Marci say...

That the products given in the June box would be usable for the July box? That they were important staples that would be useful for the next month's products??? Or is my crazy Irish brain totally making that up? LOL

If I'm remembering correctly that that would totally make sense to see similar makeup in this month's Looksbook, such as the bronzer, etc!
I remember that too... but we may both be wrong, who knows!!! (LOL ok Marci knows, but she ain't telling us what's in the July box yet!)

I would love... LOVE... that palette in the July box.  Like meaganola, I *seriously* want a coral eye shadow!  I didn't end up getting the Solar Palette from Pacifica because I got a BH Cosmetics 3-palette deal instead.  It's still on my wish list, but if I get the palette trekkersangel referred to (the St. Tropez?), I'd be over the moon.

Make me happy, Starlooks!  June was not my fave!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remember that too... but we may both be wrong, who knows!!! (LOL ok Marci knows, but she ain't telling us what's in the July box yet!)

I would love... LOVE... that palette in the July box.  Like meaganola, I *seriously* want a coral eye shadow!  I didn't end up getting the Solar Palette from Pacifica because I got a BH Cosmetics 3-palette deal instead.  It's still on my wish list, but if I get the palette trekkersangel referred to (the St. Tropez?), I'd be over the moon.

Make me happy, Starlooks!  June was not my fave!
I remember reading somewhere that May *and* June were building towards July, so it makes sense that these all work together.  The fact that the word "application" is used in that blurb makes me think we'll finally be seeing another brush.

(And I think that Glamour Doll Eyes has a coral in the blogger expansion pack to be released Wednesday, and I think those shades are only going to be available as a set this time around, plus I'm in serious Pokemon mode with GDE right now so I'm going to order that regardless of what is likely to be in the Starbox.  I *will* get bright shimmery coral eye shadow this month, damn it!  My Belle and Juicy Mango are *almost* right but not quite.)

If I remember correctly, since I've been subbed we've only gotten two shadows, the navy one and  cinnamon toss pigment...so I would love ANY of their shadows...the St Tropez shades look great, but I'd be happy with any of them!

I may be alone in not being crazy for these colors...they're super warm so tricky to wear with my skintone. I like the coral (and I have found that peachy shades are nice with green eyes, despite their warmness), but I can't imagine I'll reach for the others very often.

It seems like Starlooks has been leaning heavily toward the "warm" side of things over the last months (every lipstick I've gotten has been a warm orangey or goldish shade, the pigment luster was a warm leaning brown, the bronzer, etc.) I hope we get some cooler shades, soon! Us cool toned ladies like color, too! 

I hope August has some pinks, purples, blues, greens... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I may be alone in not being crazy for these colors...they're super warm so tricky to wear with my skintone. I like the coral, but I can't imagine I'll reach for the others very often. It seems like Starlooks has been leaning heavily toward the "warm" side of things over the last months (every lipstick I've gotten has been a warm orangey or goldish shade, the pigment luster was a warm leaning brown, the bronzer, etc.) I hope we get some cooler shades, soon! Us cool toned ladies like color, too!  I hope August has some pinks, purples, blues, greens... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You're not alone. I'm hoping for an icy mermaid thing sooner rather than later. But we're headed into autumn, and that seems to be when things swing even warmer. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Maybe we'll see some nice emeralds and sapphires instead of changing-leaves colors. Or go in a Pacific Northwest autumn: Cool browns (mud, not leaves), blues, and greens (all of those evergreen trees really stand out when all of the other trees are brown or bare!).

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I may be alone in not being crazy for these colors...they're super warm so tricky to wear with my skintone. I like the coral, but I can't imagine I'll reach for the others very often.

It seems like Starlooks has been leaning heavily toward the "warm" side of things over the last months (every lipstick I've gotten has been a warm orangey or goldish shade, the pigment luster was a warm leaning brown, the bronzer, etc.) I hope we get some cooler shades, soon! Us cool toned ladies like color, too! 

I hope August has some pinks, purples, blues, greens... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You  are not alone. I am not liking the cheeks in those pics. I am very fair and do not look good in warm colors. And yes, all the lips colors are warm toned. Where are the berries? I totally agree for August!

You  are not alone. I am not liking the cheeks in those pics. I am very fair and do not look good in warm colors. And yes, all the lips colors are warm toned. Where are the berries? I totally agree for August!
I believe the cheeks are the blush from the May box. It looks terrifying in the pan, but it blends out much more subtly than the photos show. I'm really pale and cool as well, and this is actually my current favorite blush.

I am liking your ideas of cool colors. I really need some pretty purples & plums. I have a ton of blue, but its my favorite color to play with when it comes to make up & I could always find room for more!!!! I've got my fingers crossed for an under the sea color scheme in August: aquas, greens, purples, & some sparkle!!!

I just hope there is eye shadow & just in general color, I don't really care warm or cool toned, just color. I typically wear bright eyeshadows, like teal/aqua and purples...though I just got the Wet N Wild Comfort Zone palette and have been loving all the browns & oranges (ironic since I've been so bummed about the lack of color in our Starboxes lol).

I think last time there was a 5 shade palette it was just that and a brush, so I'm guessing we'll prob just get something like that and probably not anything else like a lip product. I'd really like to try the Infinity Lipsticks. Did you guys get one of those before in a box or has anyone ordered one? If so how do like it?

I got an infinity lipstick for my birthday on Saturday. The color on the tube is Slice which is the older name for it but I think the new name is Immortal. It's gorgeous in the tube but not as bright on my lips as I would like it to be. It's not nearly as moist as their lipsticks & tender glosses but most long wear lipsticks tend to dry your lips out. I love the tender glosses & couldn't help wanting to add a tender gloss on top of the infinity lipstick. It did last for about 5 hours until I ate. After lunch you could still see a tint of color but it wasn't as bright as when I first put it on. If I had to choose, the tender glosses are still my favorite. I like my lips moist, not dry.

I got an infinity lipstick for my birthday on Saturday. The color on the tube is Slice which is the older name for it but I think the new name is Immortal. It's gorgeous in the tube but not as bright on my lips as I would like it to be. It's not nearly as moist as their lipsticks & tender glosses but most long wear lipsticks tend to dry your lips out. I love the tender glosses & couldn't help wanting to add a tender gloss on top of the infinity lipstick. It did last for about 5 hours until I ate. After lunch you could still see a tint of color but it wasn't as bright as when I first put it on.

If I had to choose, the tender glosses are still my favorite. I like my lips moist, not dry.
Thanks. I have horrible luck with long wear lipsticks, so I was wondering if these were pretty much the same (sounds like it). They always dry out on my lips and I end up with a ring around my lips of color and all the rest gone. Texture wise I agree about the tender glosses, I think they are my fave (the shade I got was invisible on me, so I need to try a brighter one).

I am liking your ideas of cool colors. I really need some pretty purples & plums. I have a ton of blue, but its my favorite color to play with when it comes to make up & I could always find room for more!!!! I've got my fingers crossed for an under the sea color scheme in August: aquas, greens, purples, & some sparkle!!!
Me too! I have a ton of colors, but i'm an eyeshadow junkie. (Just ordered the 50% off Coastal scents-to go set with 7 mini palettes lol).  I don't think I could ever get enough of plums, purples, and greens.  

Back