Starlooks Starbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok.. I like the colors.. not so much how they used the yellow as highlighter.  The streak of yellow highlighter on the nose and cupids bow of the girl in the middle... That's just strange looking..

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok.. I like the colors.. not so much how they used the yellow as highlighter.  The streak of yellow highlighter on the nose and cupids bow of the girl in the middle... That's just strange looking..
Yeah it is a bit much on the middle one.

Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just hope there is eye shadow & just in general color, I don't really care warm or cool toned, just color. I typically wear bright eyeshadows, like teal/aqua and purples...though I just got the Wet N Wild Comfort Zone palette and have been loving all the browns & oranges (ironic since I've been so bummed about the lack of color in our Starboxes lol).

I think last time there was a 5 shade palette it was just that and a brush, so I'm guessing we'll prob just get something like that and probably not anything else like a lip product. I'd really like to try the Infinity Lipsticks. Did you guys get one of those before in a box or has anyone ordered one? If so how do like it?
The last time they sent out the 5 shade palette, we got the palette and the iPrimer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I loved that palette and still use it a lot! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I too want to try the infinity lipsticks.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The last time they sent out the 5 shade palette, we got the palette and the iPrimer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I loved that palette and still use it a lot! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I too want to try the infinity lipsticks.
 I wasn't subscribed back then, but I had watched videos before of the box with the palette but it was quite a while ago and I couldn't remember :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks for mentioning that. It would've been nice to get the iPrimer! I just use a cheap face primer for my eyes (since it was horrible on face ick, but works at keeping my loose shadows in place).

Maybe we will get an Infinity lipstick in fall...they just seem so not summery to me, but I'm a dork like that.
4.gif
 Definitely want to try them at some point.

Is it just me or are the three girls in the lookbook wearing wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much makeup? Or is that how it's supposed to be so it's obvious what products were used or whatever? Sorry, I'm only used to ipsy "sneak peeks" so starlooks "sneak peeks" confuse me hahaha

Did anyone else see the FB post to look out for an e-mail? It was posted a little earlier today that we are supposed to look out for an e-mail from them because they redid the Starbox website so we can log in and see account information and they are sending us info on how to log in.

Regarding the lookbook nut sure that I consider the colors mentioned to be great summer colors. Don't get me wrong, I do not even want anything super bright but thought we are at least getting som epop of color. Oh well, as long as it is not something I already have but still will use, I am happy.

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else see the FB post to look out for an e-mail? It was posted a little earlier today that we are supposed to look out for an e-mail from them because they redid the Starbox website so we can log in and see account information and they are sending us info on how to log in.

Regarding the lookbook nut sure that I consider the colors mentioned to be great summer colors. Don't get me wrong, I do not even want anything super bright but thought we are at least getting som epop of color. Oh well, as long as it is not something I already have but still will use, I am happy.
I got the email. If you click on "Starbox" it will take you to the new website. Click "log in", then the link for password reset to make a password. Use your email address as user name.

I like that you can now add your own birthday and don't have to email them to add it and being able to cancel online (not that I WANT to cancel, but financially speaking I may have to).

Hopefully our boxes ship the third week this month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think they changed the FAQ to 'will ship in the 3rd or 4th week' or something like that. I really want to see what we get...though I think this is the first month where we possibly figured it out like right away (so there is a part of me that hopes we are just way off just because it'd be fun to see how wrong my initial guess was lol).

Oh, *so* glad about this. I have to change my CC info, and I keep forgetting about it during their phone hours.

Can I just brag about Starlooks customer service? My 10 year old daughter apparently went through my make up drawer & saw all my Starlooks stuff & decided to buy me a blush from Starlooks for my birthday with the allowance money she had saved up on her own since I don't own any blushes yet. She secretly had my husband help her purchase it on their website. Well, by accident she (or possibly my husband) clicked on Vanuatu instead of United States (they are alphabetically right next to each other) when entering our address. My birthday came & went & no package came. My daughter was heartbroken but still wouldn't tell me what she bought hoping it would arrive. Today I finally coaxed it out of her after another sad return from the mailbox empty handed. I found it odd that it was taking so long because I get orders from Starlooks really fast normally. Tonight I had my hubby forward the order confirmation email to me so I could see it. That's when I saw the Vanuatu mistake as well as a $5.00 charge for shipping (to Vanuatu). It's 9:00 pm here so I emailed Starlooks explaining what happened & asked if i could order the blush again so my daughter could officially give it to me for my birthday & not have to know about the mistake. Within 5 minutes I got a response to my email saying that they would ship me a new blush immediately, refund the shipping charge, & not re-charge me for the order. I couldn't believe they responded so quickly & still refunded the shipping AND re sent the order even though the mistake was on our end & not theirs. Now THAT is pretty amazing customer service.

That is awesome customer service!  And how sweet of your daughter!  Off to google Vanuatu...

Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can I just brag about Starlooks customer service? My 10 year old daughter apparently went through my make up drawer & saw all my Starlooks stuff & decided to buy me a blush from Starlooks for my birthday with the allowance money she had saved up on her own since I don't own any blushes yet. She secretly had my husband help her purchase it on their website. Well, by accident she (or possibly my husband) clicked on Vanuatu instead of United States (they are alphabetically right next to each other) when entering our address.

My birthday came & went & no package came. My daughter was heartbroken but still wouldn't tell me what she bought hoping it would arrive. Today I finally coaxed it out of her after another sad return from the mailbox empty handed. I found it odd that it was taking so long because I get orders from Starlooks really fast normally.

Tonight I had my hubby forward the order confirmation email to me so I could see it. That's when I saw the Vanuatu mistake as well as a $5.00 charge for shipping (to Vanuatu). It's 9:00 pm here so I emailed Starlooks explaining what happened & asked if i could order the blush again so my daughter could officially give it to me for my birthday & not have to know about the mistake. Within 5 minutes I got a response to my email saying that they would ship me a new blush immediately, refund the shipping charge, & not re-charge me for the order. I couldn't believe they responded so quickly & still refunded the shipping AND re sent the order even though the mistake was on our end & not theirs. Now THAT is pretty amazing customer service.

Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I just brag about Starlooks customer service? My 10 year old daughter apparently went through my make up drawer & saw all my Starlooks stuff & decided to buy me a blush from Starlooks for my birthday with the allowance money she had saved up on her own since I don't own any blushes yet. She secretly had my husband help her purchase it on their website. Well, by accident she (or possibly my husband) clicked on Vanuatu instead of United States (they are alphabetically right next to each other) when entering our address.

My birthday came & went & no package came. My daughter was heartbroken but still wouldn't tell me what she bought hoping it would arrive. Today I finally coaxed it out of her after another sad return from the mailbox empty handed. I found it odd that it was taking so long because I get orders from Starlooks really fast normally.

Tonight I had my hubby forward the order confirmation email to me so I could see it. That's when I saw the Vanuatu mistake as well as a $5.00 charge for shipping (to Vanuatu). It's 9:00 pm here so I emailed Starlooks explaining what happened & asked if i could order the blush again so my daughter could officially give it to me for my birthday & not have to know about the mistake. Within 5 minutes I got a response to my email saying that they would ship me a new blush immediately, refund the shipping charge, & not re-charge me for the order. I couldn't believe they responded so quickly & still refunded the shipping AND re sent the order even though the mistake was on our end & not theirs. Now THAT is pretty amazing customer service.
How wonderful! That is so nice of them...it's such a brightener to one's day to have good CS
smile.gif

If the July box includes that warmer shades of eyeshadows AND a brush I just might fork over the $25 for the box on it's own.  

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received it yesterday and tried to log into the new site. It would not let me . So I had to get a reset password. Have not received that e-mail yet. So I can't get into my account at all.

I might take a little break from Starlooks after July. Feels weird saying that since it was my favorite sub up until the last couple of months, but I'm not liking the recent trend of neutrals and staples (and I know they promised colors for July, but to me, browns, maroons, and golds are not really colors, but still pretty neutral. Plus they are more fall colors than summer, to me!) and I am kind of swimming in them right now!

Plus, I really am trying to cut back on subs, as my makeup collection grows I'm starting to see more value in just picking out what I want rather than building up more than I can use.

Back