Starlooks Starbox June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mks8372 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not sure if this has already been mentioned (I didn't see it anywhere in the thread) but the button looks to be from a separate company...there is a sticker on the back that says TopPun.com-maximizing prophets.  I went to the site and it looks like it is a company that makes products (buttons, tshirts,etc)  for social activism (gay pride, peace, etc)  incorporating puns?  Interesting concept and totally fits with the 60's theme.  The bronzer looks pretty nice, I am going to try it out today.
I had noticed that as well, gay pride fits, at least that was going on in my city last weekend.

Anyone else get a strange email saying they processed your next payment -- but then below that it says "We TRIED to process this payment..."

According to my bank account, the charge for the July went through.  The email is a bit perplexing, though -- especially because I've never received one before.

I got the email as well.  Have not logged into my CC yet to see if the charge is pending.  This is only my second month so I had no idea if this was normal/not normal.

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else get a strange email saying they processed your next payment -- but then below that it says "We TRIED to process this payment..."

According to my bank account, the charge for the July went through.  The email is a bit perplexing, though -- especially because I've never received one before.

I received that notification as well and I am none too happy about it considering I was charged when I signed up in June. 
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received that notification as well and I am none too happy about it considering I was charged when I signed up in June. 
icon_neutral.gif
Is this your first month too?  Because I just thought about it, I already paid for this month last month so I hope I'm not being charged twice, that would really suck 

Originally Posted by BeautyLoverIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_neutral.gif

Is this your first month too?  Because I just thought about it, I already paid for this month last month so I hope I'm not being charged twice, that would really suck 

Yes, July is my first month. I just checked my bank account and I was definitely double charged.

It's my third box.  Honestly, I can't remember when they usually charge but I feel like it's not normally the first of the month. I could be mistaken though.

EDIT -- looks like I was charged on the 3rd of last month, so I'm wrong -- it does seem to be the normal charge time for them.

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, July is my first month. I just checked my bank account and I was definitely double charged.
Mmm, thats not a great first impression :/

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's my third box.  Honestly, I can't remember when they usually charge but I feel like it's not normally the first of the month. I could be mistaken though.
I think they may have implemented a new payment system. The charges from last month and today look different when I check my account.

Originally Posted by BeautyLoverIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mmm, thats not a great first impression :/
Yeah, it does look like a new payment system.

Definitely not an ideal first impression BUT they do have great customer service, so I am sure they will take care of it for you guys asap!

Yeah it was weird getting the email. Mine said they TRIED 3 times, but the subject line of the email says mentions something like "payment approved" and it is a pending change in my bank account. Hopefully the kinks get worked out of this new system.

Same email here! I agree, I thought it was strange that it said Payment Approved as the header, but the body of the email made it sound like something was wrong? Odd.....

I got the email as well but it appears I was charged. Weird. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a problem. I think if they would've told me they can't charge me I would just cancel my account and be done with it.

I haven't gotten that e-mail. I almost wonder if I should be worried that I am not receiving the box??

I got the e-mail and it said they tried to process it twice. Will not be happy if I have been charged twice!

Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the e-mail and it said they tried to process it twice. Will not be happy if I have been charged twice!
Mine said three times, but my bank account only had it being taken out once, so you should be fine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sounds like it is dried out -- mine is nothing like that. I think you should email them! I bet they will send a replacement.
(Replying from my phone so excuse any formatting boo-boos) I took your advice and emailed them, they're sending a replacement. Yay!! Good customer service 4lyfe! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've been looking to drop a sub and between this and the glossybox fiasco this month, it's a pretty clear choice...

Is Starlooks shipping generally kind of...slow? I ordered a few things on the 28th & got a shipping notice on the 1st. But the tracking hasn't updated from 'electronic info received' since the 1st. I know there was a holiday in there but still seems like an awfully long time for no movement!

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Starlooks shipping generally kind of...slow? I ordered a few things on the 28th & got a shipping notice on the 1st. But the tracking hasn't updated from 'electronic info received' since the 1st.

I know there was a holiday in there but still seems like an awfully long time for no movement!
I would give them a call or email them. They are usually pretty good with shipping. They generally fix any mistakes right away too.

I would give them a call or email them. They are usually pretty good with shipping. They generally fix any mistakes right away too.
Tracking number must have just been wonky. Just came in the mail! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> excited to finally try thier products

Back