Starlooks Starbox June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starlooks shipping is unusually fast IMO. I think it's because we actually pay a little for shipping. I usually get my orders in 2-3 days.

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tracking number must have just been wonky. Just came in the mail!
smile.gif
excited to finally try thier products
Wonderful! Enjoy your goodies
biggrin.gif

Tracking number must have just been wonky. Just came in the mail! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> excited to finally try thier products
I've been having nothing but problems with USPS tracking lately. I'll get a shipping notice, and then nothing for a week or more until whatever it is magically surfaced in my city. It won't even usually register as accepted at the PO. And that's every sub *and* swaps, so it's not just the PO in one area.

So.. How does the birthday box work?

I was thinking of subbing as part of a birthday treat to myself for the month of August. If I sub to get the August box, will I also get a birthday box that same month?  Not trying to be greedy, just curious! 

So.. How does the birthday box work? I was thinking of subbing as part of a birthday treat to myself for the month of August. If I sub to get the August box, will I also get a birthday box that same month?  Not trying to be greedy, just curious! 
Yes ma'am you will! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You dont have to do anything, it asks you for your birthday when you sign up!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So.. How does the birthday box work?

I was thinking of subbing as part of a birthday treat to myself for the month of August. If I sub to get the August box, will I also get a birthday box that same month?  Not trying to be greedy, just curious! 
Yes ma'am you will!
smile.gif
You dont have to do anything, it asks you for your birthday when you sign up!
I can't wait for my boxes! July is my first month and it's my birthday month! 
yey.gif

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yey.gif
Do you know when you need to sign up by to ensure you get a specific month?  Like if I want to start in August, is there a cut-off date or something?

Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yey.gif

Do you know when you need to sign up by to ensure you get a specific month?  Like if I want to start in August, is there a cut-off date or something?

They recently changed it. From their FAQ:

Quote: Starbox is just like a magazine subscription. Every "issue" (Starbox) is released and sent out at the same time every month. All Starboxes always ship within the 3rd and 4th week of each month. If you subscribe before the 10th of a particular month, you will receive your first box that same month. If you subscribe after the 10th of a particular month, your first Starbox will arrive the following monthFor example: if you place you order in March (between 3/11 and 3/31), you'll receive your first box the 3rd or 4th week of April. Your Starbox should arrive an estimated 3-10 business days after it's shipped, depending on your location. - See more at: http://starlooks.com/pages/faq#sthash.AuAHvmXa.dpuf

So, as long as you sub after July 10th but before August 10th, you will get August's box. 

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They recently changed it. From their FAQ:

So, as long as you sub after July 10th but before August 10th, you will get August's box. 
Oh shoot, I swear I read their FAQ and must have missed that part, thank you!!

I was traveling and just came home to a slew of boxes!!!! yay!

I quickly tested the Starlooks eyeliner, and it seemed to rub off a little too easily.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

I am talking about the black precision liner not the white pencil.

I was traveling and just came home to a slew of boxes!!!! yay! I quickly tested the Starlooks eyeliner, and it seemed to rub off a little too easily. Anyone else experience the same thing? I am talking about the black precision liner not the white pencil.
Did you let it dry? When I wiped it off immediately upon applying, it rubbed off easily, but when I waited 30 seconds before trying to wipe it off, I couldn't at ALL! It was staying for good! LOL

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you let it dry? When I wiped it off immediately upon applying, it rubbed off easily, but when I waited 30 seconds before trying to wipe it off, I couldn't at ALL! It was staying for good! LOL
Thanks. That's great to know. I did wait a few minutes before I rubbed, but I tried it on my hand.

(I could have had too much handcream on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) Will try it again!

I just came off an 11 hour flight. (Tel Aviv to NY)...and the first thing I did when I got home is RIP OPEN all my subs waiting for me!

So I could have swatched too hastily. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was traveling and just came home to a slew of boxes!!!! yay! I quickly tested the Starlooks eyeliner, and it seemed to rub off a little too easily. Anyone else experience the same thing? I am talking about the black precision liner not the white pencil.
It wipes off really easy on me too. Even with an eye primer it just had bad staying power. Within a few hrs it needed touched up. Maybe I got a bad one or something

Back